PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near Cologne Germany

SAFE4NOW
January 20th, 2010, 20:49
With the far reaching web that Rs6.com covers...

Story: A client of mine asked me to sell his 1970 Porsche 911 race car. I ran it through E-Bay without a winning bidder. Then, a few weeks after the auction ended I was approached by an interested party that had seen the ad on E-Bay ( expired ) and wanted to buy.

We struck a deal and a deposit was sent ( Pay Pal ) due to the amount of the transaction, I opened an account to receive a wire transfer only a week later. The " buyer " transfered the balance to the account and money has been forwarded to the " seller "
( So cash is in hand now )

There were a few phone calls from the buyers "broker" about the address here in the US to pick it up from and request to help with shipping. Other than that, I do not actually know the persons name who actually purchased the car. Nor do I have a way of contacting anyone via e-mail ( server crashed and I lost previous e-mail ) and the other person always called me so I did not have the international number to them.

Anyways - here's the rub... that's been over 7 months ago... no word, no shipper, no phone calls, or e-mails...

I do know the shipping address is in Cologne and from Google Maps, looks to be a Home ( vs. Business ) ...

All I want to do is:

1. Touch base with the buyer to make sure he isn't sitting there waiting on me for some reason.
2. See if it's a real person ?????

Thoughts?

S

MaxRS6
January 21st, 2010, 03:57
Bizzare!- Are you saying the car still hasn't even be shipped, you've received the entire purchase price (or just the deposit) and the cat just disappeared?

Erik
January 21st, 2010, 06:50
7 months, that's a long time. I guess you can keep the deposit safe and try to sell the car elsewhere, and if the so called buyer shows himself pay him back.

There was once a Koenigsegg that someone paid a FULL price for but never collected it.
And the person cannot be reached.

SAFE4NOW
January 21st, 2010, 14:47
Bizzare!- Are you saying the car still hasn't even be shipped, you've received the entire purchase price (or just the deposit) and the cat just disappeared?

The car has been paid for in full. The car is parked in our waiting room still.
Money is in the seller's hands...

Which is what makes this so strange...

I will reply to PM today.

Steve

MaxRS6
January 21st, 2010, 20:40
Hmm- wonder if the person passed away and none of his kin know of the transaction. I've had stranger things happen with some clients and estates.