PDA

View Full Version : ALRIGHT! Just got a $550 gift card from amazon at work, help me spend it on my car!

p3u
January 16th, 2010, 02:47
Well, what the heck should I get? Anyone see anything cool form Amazon that would be good for the beast?

Thinking of sparkplugs ( which ones do I get?), H&R lowering springs if I can find them, K&N filters, etc....

Anyone?

Benman
January 16th, 2010, 04:28
I'd start with this:
http://www.amazon.com/History-Progress-Chronicle-Audi-Ag/dp/0837603846/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263614635&sr=1-3

Good reading :D

Ben:addict:

Benman
January 16th, 2010, 04:33
Followed by this:

http://www.amazon.com/Scalextric-Slot-Porsche-Power-Track/dp/B0012Z5F7A/ref=sr_1_71?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1263614960&sr=1-71

For the kids of course. ;)

Jones
January 16th, 2010, 04:50
check out the thread 2003 RS6 for sale. Someone is selling brand new H&R springs for $100.

Spidercat
January 16th, 2010, 05:08
That'd be me!

vangelis
January 16th, 2010, 07:09
I think start by this
http://www.amazon.com/1998-2005-ALLROAD-QUATTRO-Chassis-Electrical/dp/B001B88BXS?SubscriptionId=0TBPMRS0W3G0CB5F0902&tag=afncaie-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B001B88BXS

MaxRS6
January 16th, 2010, 16:02
Send it (or a portion) to the Red Cross for Haiti where it could do a lot of good for a lot of hurting people.

I will send a donation today and make reference to the RS6.com forum. Any other takers?

http://american.redcross.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ntld_main&s_subsrc=RCO_ResponseStateSection

Edit: I've sent mine and I put "rs6.com" in the organization/company field. Any amount helps!

vangelis
January 16th, 2010, 16:03
Send it (or a portion) to the Red Cross for Haiti where it could do a lot of good for a lot of hurting people.

I will send a donation today and make reference to the RS6.com forum. Any other takers?

^^++1, totally agree with you.

Amulet-S6
January 16th, 2010, 16:17

http://american.redcross.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ntld_main&s_subsrc=RCO_ResponseStateSection

Edit: I've sent mine and I put "rs6.com" in the organization/company field. Any amount helps!

Max,

Already sent mine. Didn't think of adding an rs6.com reference.

Is anyone else amazed at the American Response to Haiti? The US economy in an unprecedented low and the outpouring of help is greater than ever. Amazing! Just confirms what I already know in my heart about my countrymen.

And others condemn us as "evil."

Wishing you all Health, Happiness and continued Prosperity, Jim

TozoM8
January 17th, 2010, 03:19
Put it toward an RNS-E :) I love mine.

Benman
January 18th, 2010, 18:23
Hey guys, I am all for helping the Red Cross for Haiti, but he asked for his Audi RS 6. If it is not Audi or RS 6 related, please start a new thread in OT.

Best,

MaxRS6
January 18th, 2010, 19:04
Hey guys, I am all for helping the Red Cross for Haiti, but he asked for his Audi RS 6. If it is not Audi or RS 6 related, please start a new thread in OT.

Best,

My apologies Ben.

Let me edit my response as I can't edit the original. You can always "sell" the gift card to someone and use the cash for any upgrades you might currently want for the beast such as:

Purchases for RS6
1) RNS-E (agree with Tozo great upgrade)
2) Milltek Downpipes to go with the Milltek exhaust
3) "I Care" Bumper Sticker
4) Vanity license plates
5) Deductible for Rear Windshield
6) BBS Wheels (I love mine)
7) Alcon BBK
8) Revo or APR Tune
9) Hotchkis sway bar (great upgrade!)
10) Wheel Hanger
11) Vag-Com
12) Put in piggy bank for next maintenace item.

Benman
January 18th, 2010, 19:06
My apologies Ben.

Don't mention it, it is a worthy cause. It is just that without even meaning to, we are almost making the poor guy feel bad about spending his money. :D

Carry on. :cheers:

Best,

MaxRS6
January 18th, 2010, 19:09
Don't mention it, it is a worthy cause. It is just that without even meaning to, we are almost making the poor guy feel bad about spending his money. :D

Carry on. :cheers:

Best,

I certainly understand and did not mean to insult P3U in any manner. I've always enjoyed his posts and comments. I actually just spent money on a few more new goodies for the RS, and I don't feel bad about stimulating our economy further (my wife may have other thoughts-LOL).

It just seemed like an opportune time to mention the other item for all us to consider and give the RS6.com forum a good name. I should have started a new thread and did not really give it much thought as to how it might come across. Your comments are well taken and noted for the future.

Cheers back to you and the best of 2010!

ttboost
January 18th, 2010, 19:14
Too bad Amazon doesn't sell rear glass for an RS6.:doh:

p3u
January 18th, 2010, 20:30
Too bad Amazon doesn't sell rear glass for an RS6.:doh:

Haha 2nd that.

I think I'm going to spend part of the card on filters and plugs. Can anyone confirm the stock plug brand and model number, or recommend another option?

Thanks

MaxRS6
January 18th, 2010, 20:35
I think I'm going to spend part of the card on filters and plugs. Can anyone confirm the stock plug brand and model number, or recommend another option?

Thanks

I just had a couple of coil wires go bad and I had them replace all of them while they were doing the repair. While you are in the neighborhood, you might consider doing the wires to be proactive. The coil wire was $32/each from the dealer, and probably less at some of the part sites.

Spidercat
January 19th, 2010, 00:15
Haha 2nd that.

Thanks

I was going to try these at the next plug change at someone's (terrytcl?) suggestion:

Denso Platinum TT plugs (TT Part # PK20TT; TT stock # 4504)

He made a good point about them being 1 step cooler for boosted cars with lots of timing advance to limit detonation.