PDA

View Full Version : Engine Fault 17785 - Cylinder 8 Ignition Circuit: Short to Plus

MaxRS6
January 14th, 2010, 02:47
P1377 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent - MIL ON

I had this error pop up in Vag-Com about a week ago. Sent the error code to dealer and they suspected a coil wire. Therefore; I had them replace all 8 of the coil wires while they were at it on Monday. The Mil light came on again today and I have the same fault code popping up.

Any ideas brain trust? I have another appt with the dealer. However; I thought I would ask you all about my issue. And no- I'm not talking about my personality disorders or the voices in my head (preemptive strike). :)

TIA and I appreciate the input/comments/thoughts.

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/EngineFault20100113.jpg?t=1263437698

MaxRS6
January 14th, 2010, 02:50
Hmmm- found this old thread post and will have the tech take a look at this as a possible resolution.

I still welcome thoughts and input from you guys.

TIA

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6932&highlight=P1377

DHall1
January 14th, 2010, 03:08
How funny,

Thats doc Winer and my car. Real history there.

My car is not a virgin....they replaced a wire. Those butchers.

MaxRS6
January 14th, 2010, 03:11
That is funny- I thought I felt an magical aura..

Seriously though- this forum is a wealth of knowledge with its' users and the historical database...

http://www.sunderedepoch.org/images/gallery/magic_aura.jpg

MaxRS6
January 14th, 2010, 03:23
How funny,

Thats doc Winer and my car. Real history there.

My car is not a virgin....they replaced a wire. Those butchers.

LOL-

I hope they used gloves (aka- Man on Fire when Denzel packs explosives in a special place)

DHall1
January 14th, 2010, 03:35
That is the reason RS6.com is king.

The search ability and historical data.

Seriously though- this forum is a wealth of knowledge with its' users and the historical database...

V8weight
January 14th, 2010, 03:40
LOL-

I hope they used gloves (aka- Man on Fire when Denzel packs explosives in a special place)
LOL, somebody else caught part of the Denzel marathon on FX last Sunday?

MaxRS6
January 14th, 2010, 03:46
Dang- I missed the marathon and would liked to have seen it again.

However; hard to forget that scene. "I'll tell you anything you want to know"..It was a little late to make that offer said Denzel...:)

V8weight
January 14th, 2010, 04:08

However; hard to forget that scene. "I'll tell you anything you want to know"..It was a little late to make that offer said Denzel...:)
Just think of all the useful things that particular block of memory could have been used for:lovl:

GEN XER
January 14th, 2010, 04:11

"I Wish.....You had.....More Time" classic.

MaxRS6
January 14th, 2010, 04:38
"I Wish.....You had.....More Time" classic.

Agreed- I had forgotten that line...Awesome