PDA

View Full Version : Engine Readiness- Vag Com

MaxRS6
January 13th, 2010, 04:13
After the shop put on new coil wires, I decided to scan with Vag-Com. Under engine controller, I selected readiness and am getting the following. I had been running this test for the past few weeks before the service, and they always showed pass before. I had not ran it right before I took it to the shop so the errors could have been there before the service.

I took the car back to the dealer and they ran their scan and said it was "clean". Looking at the dealer scan report, I don't see anything specifically about the O2's or Catalytic converter on the report. I assume they would have shown up if actual errors existed.

I'll contact Ross-tech tomorrow to see if there may be a technical or communication issue.

However; I know you all don't have a life and seem to enjoy troubleshooting. Any ideas why I might be receiving the below problems?

TIA RS6.com Brain Trust!

As I may have stated to someone on the forum earlier when they posed a question with their car at the tech when their car was not starting- "Maybe wait for the tech's answers"- could be one response..LOL

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/RS6Readiness.jpg?t=1263354134

hahnmgh63
January 13th, 2010, 06:32
Maybe a silly question but did you try running the scan with the car running or with the car off and the key on?

p3u
January 13th, 2010, 08:43
Maybe a silly question but did you try running the scan with the car running or with the car off and the key on?

2nd

Also, if you are getting that result with the car running check the egr valve. I had mine go out and same codes occured.

MaxRS6
January 13th, 2010, 12:23
Thanks hahn and P3u. I did get these with the engine running. I'll have the egr valve checked out. I appreciate the input.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_179768", true); </SCRIPT>

RS6Steve
January 13th, 2010, 14:58
What temp was the car at? Was it cold or warm?

Secondary air system only operates when the engine is Cold. It reduces the emissions output.

Run an autoscan, if this pics anything up then there is a fault. Remember this is a rediness test not fault diagnostic

MaxRS6
January 13th, 2010, 15:08
Thanks Steve. I did another scan when I got home this morning from running my daughter to school. The O2 item now passes. The engine was at mid temp and the secondary air system was showing the same- you may have explained this item on the readiness screen as the engine was not cold. I may have been running this in the past when the engine was cold. I'll check it again later tonight when the engine is cold.

The autoscans were all good with no faults. :)

I appreciate the input!

RS6Steve
January 14th, 2010, 01:26
Let me know how you get on, if you have no autoscan faults it should be okay when you start from cold. As you see the 02 and CAT need to be HOT

JRS-RS6
March 1st, 2010, 22:08
Hello Max,

Did you have resolve the Secondary Air Readiness issue?