PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Goodwood green RS6 sedan and avant's needed

DHall1
January 12th, 2010, 07:36
Hey all,

Tried searching. Anyone have some pics of this color in different lights? Direct sun, indirect, shade, dusk...you get the idea.

Thanks

Erik
January 12th, 2010, 07:39
http://images.google.se/images?hl=sv&safe=off&um=1&sa=1&q=Goodwood+green+audi&start=0

Not my favourite...

DHall1
January 12th, 2010, 14:56
Erik,

Yes, google was my first search. Mixed bag of images. Most look like the standard army green and quite ugly in pictures. I do have a feeling it looks better in person but the color is just not working for me.

There is a S6 Avant up for sale in that color and I was thinking about having a look at it. Only problem is the distance away.

Any other pics?

Looks alittle better under the lights

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2774

SAFE4NOW
January 12th, 2010, 16:31
Is this the car for sale in Texas? If so, it will be at the Texas State meet end of this month ( So I will see it in person )

LMK, I will take whatever pictures of it as needed.

Steve

p.s. Link to car I am thinking about: http://texasaudigroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4148

RXBG
January 12th, 2010, 16:56
god that interior looks so ancient but classic... and beautiful too. brings back memories of days gone by in my 1999.5 A4 1.8T.

DHall1
January 12th, 2010, 17:10
Steve,

Alittle too much information.

The cats out of the bag. :doh:

It looks like a nice car but I just dont know about the color. My wife actually gave the ok to consider an avant as the new dog carrier. Something alittle lower than our LX470.

Is this the car for sale in Texas? If so, it will be at the Texas State meet end of this month ( So I will see it in person )

LMK, I will take whatever pictures of it as needed.

Steve

p.s. Link to car I am thinking about: http://texasaudigroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4148

mmaturo
January 12th, 2010, 17:49
Steve,

Alittle too much information.

The cats out of the bag. :doh:

It looks like a nice car but I just dont know about the color. My wife actually gave the ok to consider an avant as the new dog carrier. Something alittle lower than our LX470.

The pictures in this link are rather accurate to the color...the RS6 that was in my building I mentioned that may be out there somewhere for sale was goodwood green and it really did look 'classy' to me similar to how the blue looks on the RS6. The pearl effect though does show up more in person than what is represented in the pics. The RS6 looked very good in that color. The S6 it seems a bit much but i think its the trim that bugs me. If I had this car I think i would finish the RS6 conversion and add the RS6 sill extensions, and honestly i think it would look better without the trim blacked out. I think the brushed aluminum looks better on the green. Throw on the OEM 5 spokes in 19" and titanium finish like the real RS6+ (and my car) and I think the car would look that much better than the after market wheels on it. RNSE would update the innards nicely. Interesting car though.

Edit: switch out the mirrors.

DHall1
January 12th, 2010, 18:01
Mark,

Between you and Steve posting the link. Your both killing me. j/k

That is exactly how I would setup the car BTW. Get rid of the black out package and those wheels and then get some silver 19s on the car. Silver trim, silver wheels and return more of the stock look to the car.

The pictures in this link are rather accurate to the color...the RS6 that was in my building I mentioned that may be out there somewhere for sale was goodwood green and it really did look 'classy' to me similar to how the blue looks on the RS6. The pearl effect though does show up more in person than what is represented in the pics. The RS6 looked very good in that color. The S6 it seems a bit much but i think its the trim that bugs me. If I had this car I think i would finish the RS6 conversion and add the RS6 sill extensions, and honestly i think it would look better without the trim blacked out. I think the brushed aluminum looks better on the green. Throw on the OEM 5 spokes in 19" and titanium finish like the real RS6+ (and my car) and I think the car would look that much better than the after market wheels on it. RNSE would update the innards nicely. Interesting car though.

Edit: switch out the mirrors.

mmaturo
January 12th, 2010, 18:10
I think it would look VERY good doing exactly that. Seems a good idea to me as its already 80% there...also on the interior do what P3u did with the wood and go piano or switch out to CF.

sorry about helping the cat run around the room rather than stay in the bag.

DHall1
January 12th, 2010, 18:18
Arrrrrrrgh

LOL

3audis_sofar
January 12th, 2010, 18:36
http://pictures.dealer.com//bienerauto/75bbb5df7f0000010143b0feeea43f9f.jpg

SAF
January 12th, 2010, 18:59
LOL, poor Dave. Maybe these blabbermouths can edit their posts!

Changing those door sills is what I suggested to the owner he needed to do last year.

LIRS6
January 12th, 2010, 19:09
Hey all,

Tried searching. Anyone have some pics of this color in different lights? Direct sun, indirect, shade, dusk...you get the idea.

Thanks

Blitzen has Goodwood Green in his sig photo - maybe he has other pics

SAFE4NOW
January 12th, 2010, 21:57
Where's that darn edit button when you need it..

I am used to having full control over the forum @ my site, that I forget sometimes here...

Sorry Dave.

I will still help if needed

Steve

p.s. Better yet, why don't you come down to Texas to the meet?
I'll buy you and your wife's Dinner at the Banquet! You can drive your new car at the track event, then drive
back home again!

SAF
January 12th, 2010, 22:14
Where's that darn edit button when you need it..

I am used to having full control over the forum @ my site, that I forget sometimes here...

Sorry Dave.

I will still help if needed

Steve

p.s. Better yet, why don't you come down to Texas to the meet?
I'll buy you and your wife's Dinner at the Banquet! You can drive your new car at the track event, then drive
back home again!

I've been trying to put that bug in his ear for a while. (so I'll comp his tickets!)

SAFE4NOW
January 12th, 2010, 22:44
I've been trying to put that bug in his ear for a while. (so I'll comp his tickets!)

okokokokok... YOU comp the dinner tickets , I'll buy lunch on Saturday or the track event Sunday...

How 'bout it Dave?

Steve

DHall1
January 13th, 2010, 02:06
Thanks guys,

I did say something about it to my wife. Pat is coming down to AZ the weekend before and we are wrenching on 35k and 75k service jobs for both cars.

Now all this free stuff to come over to Texas. I will try, she is swamped at the hospital but let me mapquest out the route. Any large RV parks in the area? Motorhome is 40ft and trailer is 25 with tongue.

Free goodies....how can I pass it up.

BLITZEN
February 19th, 2010, 08:13
Blitzen has Goodwood Green in his sig photo - maybe he has other pics

Yes I do. Here are some shots in sun, shade, and so on. It looks black at night.

Erik
February 19th, 2010, 10:22
As you can see (BLITZEN's post), we have added the function so you can see the thumbnails directly now, so you don't have to waste time clikcing on pictures that you might not be interested in. :)