PDA

View Full Version : Any way to tell if I have the O.CT transmission flash?

cmore
January 12th, 2010, 02:24
This is related to my other post about the ECU flash, but along the same lines is there a way to tell if I have the O.CT transmission flash? Is it a flash or a chip for the transmission control unit?

Still working with the dealership on figuring out what happened to my ECU flash....

Thanks,
Chris

V8weight
January 12th, 2010, 02:32
The tcu cannot be flashed, all tcu tunes are in the form of a soldered in chip. It should be easily identified if you remove your tcu and inspect.

peiserg
January 13th, 2010, 00:02
This is related to my other post about the ECU flash, but along the same lines is there a way to tell if I have the O.CT transmission flash? Is it a flash or a chip for the transmission control unit?

Still working with the dealership on figuring out what happened to my ECU flash....

Thanks,
Chris

jeez dude nothing happened to your ecu flash. you never had one.

someone lied to you. end of discussion.

and therefore..... what are the oddsd someone would flash just the tcu?

Aside from that. just look at your TCU... if it looks like it is still "factory nice" installed below the passenger footwell... well i'd guess it's never been removed. If it was done, there's a more than 80% chance you can tell just by looking at the re-install... the upholstery is tough to tuck back in under the passenger side door trim, for example... well.. tough to tuck in tothe point of "stock perfect fit."

And if all else fails...

you already called OCT. they don't have your VIN. so they didn't solder in your chip.

cmore
January 16th, 2010, 00:28
I don't see any soldered on chip. I just need to verify.

Here's the picture of the TCU:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrismore/4277801854/

Does O.CT even make a TCU upgrade? I can't even find it on any Web site!!

Talking to the general manager tomorrow at the dealership.

Thanks,
Chris

peiserg
January 16th, 2010, 02:52
yes the tcu is something they solder in. i had to pull my tcu and overnight it to them. they soldered in a chip then overnighted it right back.

DHall1
January 16th, 2010, 05:18
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2687/4277801854_d70e494a2e.jpg

Hy Octane
January 16th, 2010, 19:14
Look underneath your car at the tranny. If you see a set of genitalia hanging down, then you have the OC Flash! <S>