PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Audi car cover $25 new. ECS tuning sale

DHall1
January 11th, 2010, 21:32
Sorry I didnt post this sooner but I wanted to make sure I got mine first.

ECS had/has a sale on A6 Audi Car covers. 25 bucks. You will have to call them or try to look it up under the A6 section.

Bottom line, its a clearanced Audi part but fits the RS6 perfect. Side mirror pockets and a lock d ring under the doors.

Best 25 dollars I ever spent. Its a 250 dollar cover.

ECS Tuning. I hope they still have some left.

p3u
January 11th, 2010, 22:04

ECS had/has a sale on A6 Audi Car covers. 25 bucks. You will have to call them or try to look it up under the A6 section.

Bottom line, its a clearanced Audi part but fits the RS6 perfect. Side mirror pockets and a lock d ring under the doors.

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered mine. They have 26 left now :)

DHall1
January 11th, 2010, 22:06
My peace offering.

Its really a nice cover. I was not expecting much for 25 bucks but wow.

p3u
January 11th, 2010, 22:12
My peace offering.

Its really a nice cover. I was not expecting much for 25 bucks but wow.

Offering accepted :rs6kiss:

I called them up soon as I read your post, they are 89% off :bigeyes:

Jacob@VMRWheels
January 11th, 2010, 22:20
Wow! Good looking out Dave.

shoeboxjoe
January 11th, 2010, 22:29
Just ordered one also seeing as the RS6 is in storage with no cover currently. They said they have plenty left.

Link to sale (http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/ES473416/ES473416/?salesrep=CArmbruster&utm_source=fourtitude&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=CArmbruster&utm_campaign=postreply)

RS6VA
January 11th, 2010, 23:10

Thank you for the heads up, I may have picked up the last one.

uncfrk
January 11th, 2010, 23:39
ordered one - still some in stock

melsas
January 12th, 2010, 01:55
Thanks for the tip. Got one as well.

DonS
January 12th, 2010, 02:02
Still in stock when I ordered mine minutes ago. Thanks for the heads-up Dave!!

Spidercat
January 12th, 2010, 02:04
Good find, DHall1, and thanks!
I'll need to replace mine sooner or later, so no better time than the present, esp for $25!

Also ordered a deluxe timing belt kit w/lightweight pulleys for my wife's A4 while I was there, since it's getting to be about that time anyway.

JRS-RS6
January 12th, 2010, 02:07
Got one -- my wheel hanger arrived today according to my wife. Thanks Dave!

DHall1
January 12th, 2010, 02:11
Glad you guys are all getting one. Mine has been here a couple of weeks and just got around to washing my car this weekend and fitting the cover. I was impressed with the A6 fit over our fatter bumpers, fenders and spoiler. I mean 25 dollars....what can you get for 25 dollars....a couple of drinks and sandwich? This is a nice cover.

SAF
January 12th, 2010, 03:38
Got one!

DHall1
January 12th, 2010, 03:57
ECS is going to wonder what the hell happened.

LIRS6
January 12th, 2010, 04:12
Got one as well - plus the wheel hanger. Thanks Dave

SAF
January 12th, 2010, 05:54
ECS is going to wonder what the hell happened.

The beauty of the internet.

AUDI5000CSTQ
January 12th, 2010, 06:10
GOT ONE, $25-cover, $25-shipping

vangelis
January 12th, 2010, 09:43
I need one, dunno what to do, This ECS never works for me for. Everytime they have to cancel, decline my order for different reason each time. Anyone can help in getting me one and will pay to him the item cost+shipping via Paypal or any other way he want.

Plzz :)

Dave, Tried to PM you but your inbox is full :)

DHall1
January 12th, 2010, 15:01
Can you try to call ECS and work it over the phone?

My PM box is always filling up...arrrrgh

I think the phone would be best but if you want to pay the crazy shipping cost twice give me a email @

dhall.1 @ hotmail.com

ECS is charging 20-25 for UPS ground in the US. Its a big package.

I need one, dunno what to do, This ECS never works for me for. Everytime they have to cancel, decline my order for different reason each time. Anyone can help in getting me one and will pay to him the item cost+shipping via Paypal or any other way he want.

Plzz :)

Dave, Tried to PM you but your inbox is full :)

bfly
January 12th, 2010, 17:43
FWIW, you can get the same deal on the cover from your local Audi dealer. There are around 25 left in the US distribution center for Audi.

mmaturo
January 12th, 2010, 18:02
Should have been on line yesterday but still just got one, thanks for the heads up...$25 and $13 shipping to me. Fantastic.

rle55
January 12th, 2010, 20:53
got mine too! - $39.37 shipped to my door!!! thanks D for the heads up!

sheatisdale
January 12th, 2010, 21:34
I got mine ordered. $14.99 shipping UPS.

uncfrk
January 12th, 2010, 22:44
FWIW, you can get the same deal on the cover from your local Audi dealer. There are around 25 left in the US distribution center for Audi.

If you purchase it from an Audi dealer, they will probably want you to bring it back for a $50 inspection every month!

xpl0sive
January 12th, 2010, 23:32
lol ECS's shipping raters are just stupid... how can they charge $24.95 for the cover and $25.43 for the shipping... doesnt make much sense to me

DHall1
January 13th, 2010, 02:09
Its a big box.

UPS rates have shot thru the roof this year. I sent a little 5lb package to Texas last week. 12.00 UPS ground.

lol ECS's shipping raters are just stupid... how can they charge $24.95 for the cover and $25.43 for the shipping... doesnt make much sense to me

bfly
January 13th, 2010, 02:43
If you purchase it from an Audi dealer, they will probably want you to bring it back for a $50 inspection every month!

:) That's why you need to get an aftermarket warranty on the cover for $250 a year.

--
I figured I would mention the dealer angle in case people don't want to spend as much on shipping as they are on the cover.

vangelis
January 13th, 2010, 14:57

really? what about me? they charge $24.95 for the cover and $85 for the shipping, make sense,huh? :vgrumpy:

Spidercat
January 13th, 2010, 20:30
That's why I loaded up the shipping box with other goodies, since I was paying through the nose anyway. The high shipping cost actually generated more sales for ECS in my case.
Good tip on the dealer, bfly. Wish I had thought of it before I ordered.

Erik
January 13th, 2010, 21:02

That's the spirit! :lovl:

DHall1
January 13th, 2010, 21:28
Leave it to Erik to finally get the joke.

haha

I really wanted to make sure it fit over our bumpers, fenders and spoiler. Oh and get mine first.

Cheers all

That's the spirit! :lovl:

uncfrk
January 13th, 2010, 21:44
Could these be shipped in USPS flat rate boxes, or are they too big?

DHall1
January 13th, 2010, 21:54
I think too big. My box is already in the shredder.

SAF
January 13th, 2010, 23:12
They called me today...she said they still have some in stock.

Spidercat
January 16th, 2010, 05:38
Mine arrived today. Anyone want to buy a car cover?
$25 plus shipping? I bet I could make it fit in a flat rate box.
If ecs runs out, send me a pm. I'm never gonna use it. I may ship it back if no takers.
It's a nice cover, but I think it'd be best for someone who stores their car over the winter and just wants to keep the dust off.
I'll stick with my fleece-lined cover, since it's much more forgiving if you have any dust/dirt on your car. The lining is soft, but a little too thin. I only use mine in the garage at work, never at home, since it's a daily driver and I don't store it. Sometimes it gets a little dirty by the end of the week, and I wouldn't put this cover on a dirty car.
I'm really having a bad year with ecs! H&R springs that noone will put on, this, and the water pump in the timing belt kit in a pos, so that's going back, too. I should stop the impulse buying!

V8weight
January 16th, 2010, 05:43
What was wrong with the water pump?

p3u
January 16th, 2010, 05:46
Mine arrived today. Anyone want to buy a car cover?
$25 plus shipping? I bet I could make it fit in a flat rate box.
If ecs runs out, send me a pm. I'm never gonna use it. I may ship it back if no takers.
It's a nice cover, but I think it'd be best for someone who stores their car over the winter and just wants to keep the dust off.
I'll stick with my fleece-lined cover, since it's much more forgiving if you have any dust/dirt on your car. The lining is soft, but a little too thin. I only use mine in the garage at work, never at home, since it's a daily driver and I don't store it. Sometimes it gets a little dirty by the end of the week, and I wouldn't put this cover on a dirty car.
I'm really having a bad year with ecs! H&R springs that noone will put on, this, and the water pump in the timing belt kit in a pos, so that's going back, too. I should stop the impulse buying!

I got my cover today too. I wasn't too impressed with it. I was expecting it to have a protective lining in it to prevent scratches. I'm guessing ill rarely use it but good if I know snow is on the way.

Ill take your spring from you, email me and we can arrange the deal. Ill buy them next week.

SAF
January 16th, 2010, 06:16
So is this actually an OEM cover? The picture of the logo looked a little different than any I've seen from Audi. I am only using it on a clean car to keep leaves and crap off of it between washings or rainy days, so for the money, it'll still beat a big sheet.

vangelis
January 16th, 2010, 06:17
I got my cover today too. I wasn't too impressed with it. I was expecting it to have a protective lining in it to prevent scratches. I'm guessing ill rarely use it but good if I know snow is on the way.

Ill take your spring from you, email me and we can arrange the deal. Ill buy them next week.

How come it does not have a soft inner lining!!!

The item description is mentioned:

"The car cover protects your Audi A6 from the elements. The durable cover is resistant to UV rays smog and acid rain not to mention those pesky leaves. Includes storage bag license plate window and silkscreened logo.

Made from gray Stormshield™ Material each car cover repels water and offers breathability and compactness. This car cover is made from polyester fabric which features a soft inner lining with a tough exterior."

DHall1
January 16th, 2010, 06:49
Car cover material is across the board. The inner lining is much softer than the outer. Stormweave (look it up) is not a fuzzy snuggie type of material. It is also a very expensive material.

I only use the cover on a clean car to keep it that way between days I drive the car.

I would never use any cover on a car that was dusty or dirty.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400094774036&crlp=1_263602_263622&ff4=263602_263622&viewitem=&guid=ed8974cf1250a0437ab7adf7ffc469a6&rvr_id=&ua=%3F*I7&itemid=400094774036

http://www.car-truck-accessories.com/coverkingcvc_stormshield.asp

Spidercat
January 16th, 2010, 08:05
What was wrong with the water pump?

It's just not the OES German-made one, it's made in Italy. I've heard several very bad things about these pumps in particular, and some parts in ECS kits being a cut below in general. I'll have to make sure the other parts are the German-made ones. However, the belts are Continental, the pulleys look nicely made, and the coolant meets the specs. I dunno. I may just source out the German water pump.

Spidercat
January 16th, 2010, 08:07

No problemo--and thanks for freeing up some precious garage space!
You'll have PM in a few minutes...

Spidercat
January 16th, 2010, 08:46
Car cover material is across the board. The inner lining is much softer than the outer. Stormweave (look it up) is not a fuzzy snuggie type of material. It is also a very expensive material.

I only use the cover on a clean car to keep it that way between days I drive the car.

I would never use any cover on a car that was dusty or dirty.

Settle D, D.
I wasn't blaming you. I should've read the description more carefully. Shame on me.

And I wasn't knocking the cover. It's a nice cover and a good find--it's just not for me. I was just pointing out to those that didn't buy one yet what the limitations are.
I even said that it was soft--just a little thin.

I really don't need a cover between the days that I drive the car; that's what my garage is for.

I wash my car almost every weekend, and by the end of the week, it's a little dirty/dusty. Who's isn't? I'm not going to NOT cover my car anymore just because it's been exposed to the atmosphere for several days. I would like to know the secret to driving a car (outside) and having it stay pristine for more than a few days. Do tell...

Yes, my cover is fleece lined--it keeps the cover from grinding the dirt into the paint every time I put it on or take it off. I'm familiar with how abrasives work, thanks.

I've been using a car cover at work this way for I don't know how long now, but I guess that's why my paint looks so crappy, huh? :eye:

A little Zaino's goes a long way...

http://rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9100&stc=1&d=1263630071

http://rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9099&stc=1&d=1263630060

Griott's below (nice, but just doesn't last more than a month, really). Zaino's is just so much better in depth of shine and overall length of protection (IMO):

http://rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9102&stc=1&d=1263630168

vangelis
January 16th, 2010, 08:50
Spidercat@ ,, where did you get that Audi Sport Sticker??

http://rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9100&stc=1&d=1263630071

Spidercat
January 16th, 2010, 09:11
There's a bunch out there, but I bought from this seller:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-Sport-Decal-sticker-RS6-S6-RS4-S4-A4-S3-TT-FSI-DTM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem518f862a20QQitemZ35 0300285472QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcce ssories

Sorry for the long link. They are a high-quality vinyl decal, and look as new as the day I put them on (1-2 yrs ago). I put them on the wife's car, too!

DHall1
January 16th, 2010, 15:56
I think we can understand your use for a car cover without getting noses rubbed in it. Dont see where my response was sarcastic just stating how I use the cover. I can see other uses for a car cover but dont really need the added humor

Settle D, D.
I wasn't blaming you. I should've read the description more carefully. Shame on me.

And I wasn't knocking the cover. It's a nice cover and a good find--it's just not for me. I was just pointing out to those that didn't buy one yet what the limitations are.
I even said that it was soft--just a little thin.

I really don't need a cover between the days that I drive the car; that's what my garage is for.

I wash my car almost every weekend, and by the end of the week, it's a little dirty/dusty. Who's isn't? I'm not going to NOT cover my car anymore just because it's been exposed to the atmosphere for several days. I would like to know the secret to driving a car (outside) and having it stay pristine for more than a few days. Do tell...

Yes, my cover is fleece lined--it keeps the cover from grinding the dirt into the paint every time I put it on or take it off. I'm familiar with how abrasives work, thanks.

I've been using a car cover at work this way for I don't know how long now, but I guess that's why my paint looks so crappy, huh? :eye:

A little Zaino's goes a long way...

Bigglezworth
January 16th, 2010, 16:11
All you guys with garage queens need to drop by and see what the beast can do for you as a sweet winter beater. Tons of pros when it comes to traction and comfort, but of course at the cost of being dirty all the time. If I posted a pic of my car on a regular day, I'd have a bunch of you guys crying. lol

SAF
January 16th, 2010, 17:30
I still have my old NOAH fabric cover from my old TT. I really liked that fabric for inside the garage or outside. I used it when the car was a little dusty maybe, but not dirty.

IMO a liner that is "fleece like" may seem nice and soft, but every time it is put over a car that isn't completely spotless, those little fuzzies will pick up and hold all kinds of dust and particles way more that a smooth textured liner would.

I don't think I'd feel good about putting what is essentially a dust magnet on and off my car unless I rinsed it out and dried it after every use. Fleece doesn't shake out or brush off like a soft padded liner does.

JRS-RS6
January 17th, 2010, 16:04
I am happy with mine it showed up just before I got home. Washed the car last night and put the cover on this morning. It is serving its intended purpose for me which is to keep the dust off of the car when it is sitting in the garage. Thanks again Dave!

ben916
May 2nd, 2010, 04:55
Anybody purchase one, not like it, and want to sell it to me? :)