PDA

View Full Version : Update 0-60 in 4.0 and 4.1- Vag Log shown

MaxRS6
January 11th, 2010, 00:55
I took the spare out, golf clubs out, and turned off ESP. Put in "S" and took off. I had my nephew with me and we did a couple runs. We had a 4.1 and a 4.0 from 0-60 per Vag-Com. The car was pulling great! We let off at about the 92 mph mark as we were on a short straight.

Yahoo and I think that is pretty good for the heavy hog!!!

I'm having new coil wires installed tomorrow to correct the intermittent coil wire error on cylinder 8. I'll then do a couple more runs to see if there is any difference.

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/MaxRS6VagAccel20100110.jpg?t=1263169956

ttboost
January 11th, 2010, 01:34
Very nice!!! However, who takes someone with them when they do performance measuring?:lovl: Do I smell a 3.9?

MaxRS6
January 11th, 2010, 01:45
Very nice!!! However, who takes someone with them when they do performance measuring?:lovl: Do I smell a 3.9?

Next time though- his dead weight is out of the there.:)

V8weight
January 11th, 2010, 01:49
LOL- I have to as I have no credibility
That's right, I need to hear the nephew's witness testimony or it didn't happen:lovl:

MaxRS6
January 11th, 2010, 01:51
Hey!!! I resemble that remark.

ttboost
January 11th, 2010, 01:52
Have you ever dyno'd your car and know what it weighs? Based on the numbers, I'm guessing stock weight (4000lbs?) and 400ish awhp?

MaxRS6
January 11th, 2010, 01:56
Have you ever dyno'd your car and know what it weighs? Based on the numbers, I'm guessing stock weight (4000lbs?) and 400ish awhp?

and am thinking about finding a place to do it as I would like to see the info. I don't know of a dyno around my area so I think Dallas may be my best bet.

How about it out there- Anyone have suggestions for a dyno in the Dallas area they would recommend?

ttboost
January 11th, 2010, 02:01
http://www.racperformance.com/?//

MaxRS6
January 11th, 2010, 02:03
Thanks TTboost- I'll contact them when the time draws nearer.

V8weight
January 11th, 2010, 02:03
and am thinking about finding a place to do it as I would like to see the info. I don't know of a dyno around my area so I think Dallas may be my best bet.

How about it out there- Anyone have suggestions for a dyno in the Dallas area they would recommend?
Doesn't "Safe4now" on this board own a shop with a dyno in the Dallas area?

MaxRS6
January 11th, 2010, 02:06
That would work out great as Steve is helping organize the DE event I'm attending in April. I'll check with him as well. Thanks Pat.

JRS-RS6
January 11th, 2010, 03:26
Look here: http://www.mustangdyne.com/locator.htm

Autoscope Motorsports 5134 Denton Drive
Dallas, TX 75325
(214) 350-3050 MD-AWD-500

COBB Tuning of Plano 1200 Placid Ave. Ste. 550
Plano, TX 75075
(214) 291-3020 MD-AWD-500

Forced Induction Systems 10040 Champion Lane
McKinney, TX 75071
(972) 346-2401 MD-AWD-500

KanTuning.com 10011 Harmon Rd. Suite #135
Fort Worth, TX 76177
(817) 683-5715 MD-AWD-500

M2M International 1904 W. Howard Lane
Austin, TX 78728
(512) 837-6200 MD-AWD-500

I just put the ones with AWD dyno's from Mustang.

MaxRS6
January 11th, 2010, 03:28
JRS-RS6:
You don't mess around! Thanks for the info and I am going to add a dyno run to my April Dallas trip. It is one more thing to look forward to on the trip. I think the Autoscope shop is Safe4now's (Steve) shop from his earlier emails and will be my first choice.

JRS-RS6
January 11th, 2010, 03:29
Check this clip out: http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/multimedia/RS6_dynotest_110303.wmv

Same dyno set up AWE Tuning GIAC chipped car from http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/gallery/rs6/index.cfm

MaxRS6
January 11th, 2010, 03:36
Check this clip out: http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/multimedia/RS6_dynotest_110303.wmv

Same dyno set up AWE Tuning GIAC chipped car from http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/gallery/rs6/index.cfm

in the hp being cranked out. I'm stoked about the TMS DE and this just adds to the fun!

DHall1
January 11th, 2010, 03:42
I used my clubs today. Played the longest course in AZ. Kicked my ass but I could hang with the boys that have been playing 30+ years.

72 degrees and sunny.

Then I had time to wash up the beast and take her for spin. AcesIV is well worth every penny.

p3u
January 11th, 2010, 03:44

Car weighs about 4200lbs dry. I weighed mine at 4280 with half a tank.

MaxRS6
January 11th, 2010, 03:44
Darn you Dhall!!!!!!!

Sounds like a great day!

V8weight
January 11th, 2010, 03:50
I used my clubs today. Played the longest course in AZ. Kicked my ass but I could hang with the boys that have been playing 30+ years.

72 degrees and sunny.

Then I had time to wash up the beast and take her for spin. AcesIV is well worth every penny.
I used my clubs today toohttp://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/ALBFTK7.jpg
I've worked the last 8 days straight, but at least I have the next 5 to look forward to.:vgrumpy:

MaxRS6
January 11th, 2010, 03:52
Yikes- I could use those in some of the spots I put my ball..

DHall1
January 11th, 2010, 03:53
Did you stretch or shrink or both? I miss the ol hammer and dolly. It was fun restoring the old muscle cars back in the day.

V8weight
January 11th, 2010, 03:58
Did you stretch or shrink or both? I miss the ol hammer and dolly. It was fun restoring the old muscle cars back in the day.
Shrinking today. I should have taken pictures of the car I was working on today. 2003 Audi A6 2.7, they put it in the ditch and it ended up on it's side against a tree. New front and rear bumpers, new right fender, new right quarter panel/ uniside, which involves carefully removing the roof panel. repair both doors, remove complete interior and side curtain bags, replace radiator/ condensor. It's a hot mess, but about 70hrs of labor.

MaxRS6
January 11th, 2010, 04:00
Yahooo! Keep saving those jobs and may others keep hitting trees (without injuries of course).

V8weight
January 11th, 2010, 04:06
Yahooo! Keep saving those jobs and may others keep hitting trees (without injuries of course).I could make a living of of this car alone. This is the third time I've worked on it in the last 6 months. The tires were dangerously bald the last time I fixed it in October. Total waste of a nice car. Someone gave it to their kid, and the pot smell in the interior is so bad I start craving Hostess Cupcakes and bob Dylan after working on it for an hour.

MaxRS6
January 11th, 2010, 04:10
You should have the kid write the checks for the invoice. Then resubmit to him multiple times as his grey matter will certainly forget the earlier payments and will increase your cash flow. :)

Do you have a frequent Twinkie points program?

mmaturo
January 11th, 2010, 04:13

I'm curious what the dyno numbers are...I've never timed my car but it seems faster than the average RS6 (dispensed a few more M5 than I thought I would, never the laundry list of other cars) and walked on at least one other RS6 on the track. My car I did dyno a couple of years ago which confirmed what I though as it showed 395whp on all three pulls. I figure that may be one reasion i eat transmissions as torque was right there too.

p3u
January 11th, 2010, 04:28
I'm curious what the dyno numbers are...I've never timed my car but it seems faster than the average RS6 (dispensed a few more M5 than I thought I would, never the laundry list of other cars) and walked on at least one other RS6 on the track. My car I did dyno a couple of years ago which confirmed what I though as it showed 395whp on all three pulls. I figure that may be one reasion i eat transmissions as torque was right there too.

395whp is very high for stock, although I would say the dyno might be reading a bit high. Stock should be closer to 360whp, but hey, maybe you got a beast with special sauce ;)

V8weight
January 11th, 2010, 04:30
Could have been a press car?

p3u
January 11th, 2010, 04:34
Could have been a press car?

Haha, good one. Car and Driver called, they want their RS6 back :p

mmaturo
January 11th, 2010, 04:52
395whp is very high for stock, although I would say the dyno might be reading a bit high. Stock should be closer to 360whp, but hey, maybe you got a beast with special sauce ;)

Dyno was a bit optimistic (brand is known to be) but not too far off judging by what other cars were doing (B5 S4s of various stages that seemed close to where they should be). Will try to find it and scan it. However I have known others that felt their cars were a little stronger and 0-60 runs showed it...I think some are which goes to the argument in the other thread of running against a Revo'd car...I agree that each example is different of this thing. Its one reason i bought mine in the first place as there was three available and mine just felt better...at least for a week until the overboost shut downs started...kinda of made sense to me in the end as it was the tranny telling the engine to f'off as it was getting too much torque...tranny number one followed.

Maybe its my trade off for otherwise having a maintenance/repair disaster for the last 4+ years.

DHall1
January 11th, 2010, 05:08
I mean really. How stupid do you need to be to drive any car thru a MN winter without dedicated snow tires.

This is one of my pet peeves about the idiots on the roads.

When we lived full time in the Colorado mts...my wife would not leave the house without her Blizzaks mounted if there was any threat of early season snow. And this was with the LX470 which does a great job with the Michelin m/s all seasons mounted. She would still not leave the house. I had to dig the Blizzaks out of the shed and put them on. She even took her 91 Supra turbo in the dead of winter over 2 mtn passes in a snow storm from Boulder to Vail with zero problems. Again Blizzaks on a RWD turbo beast.

I just dont get it. We wonder why insurance rates are so high when stupid folks make stupid decisions and we all have to pay.

I have not put a scratch on a vehicle in over 30 years. And I have driven a motorhome all over the friggin place. Even up Yosemite this summer over Tioga pass. That section is so narrow the l and r tires of the motorhome were on the white and yellow lines at the same time. uhhh, no room for error over sheer cliffs.

Anyways....my rant about stupid choices. But we do need to keep Pat busy...

I could make a living of of this car alone. This is the third time I've worked on it in the last 6 months. The tires were dangerously bald the last time I fixed it in October. Total waste of a nice car. Someone gave it to their kid, and the pot smell in the interior is so bad I start craving Hostess Cupcakes and bob Dylan after working on it for an hour.

DALLAS_RS6
January 11th, 2010, 05:09

I've actually have been talking to Steve about a GTG while you are here. A dyno day would make it perfect. I'll ask to see what he can do.:hahahehe:

MaxRS6
January 11th, 2010, 05:11
I've actually have been talking to Steve about a GTG while you are here. A dyno day would make it perfect. I'll ask to see what he can do.:hahahehe:

Steve a pm. With any luck (well maybe bad luck for you in that you will see my ugly pug)- our paths will cross. I'll stay in touch as the time draws near.

ttboost
January 11th, 2010, 11:57
Car weighs about 4200lbs dry. I weighed mine at 4280 with half a tank.

Thanks!!! Thats full weight, spare, tire, tools etc...???

p3u
January 11th, 2010, 17:41
Thanks!!! Thats full weight, spare, tire, tools etc...???

Yup, that was fully loaded. I just remembered, I did have my dry cell battery in at the time so I was about 50lbs lighter then what I should have been, so 4250lbs is about spot on with the weigh on an empty tank. I was hoping it would have tipped the scales at close to 4000lbs when I was at the track. Pig yes, but this pig can run :)

When are you getting an rs?

ttboost
January 11th, 2010, 21:45
Yup, that was fully loaded. I just remembered, I did have my dry cell battery in at the time so I was about 50lbs lighter then what I should have been, so 4250lbs is about spot on with the weigh on an empty tank. I was hoping it would have tipped the scales at close to 4000lbs when I was at the track. Pig yes, but this pig can run :)

When are you getting an rs?

Is there an easy way to remove weight at the track, besides tires tools etc...? I hope to have one this year. I actually have one on hold. A family friend has one that he was trying to sell and learned that I needed one, decided to take it off the market and hold it for me. It's a sweet low mileage (30k) silver on blk that already has a Dahlback chip. If I sell my 996tt, I'll grab it, otherwise I'll have to wait until I sell my house...