PDA

View Full Version : Did a few pulls against friends RS6 with Revo, interesting outcome

p3u
January 9th, 2010, 19:21
We did a few different pulls, and same result every time. I pulled away :) his car is 100% stock other then the software, vs mine with gutted dp's and milltek, hyperboost dv's and tozo tranny.

From a dig it was a pretty good difference in the launch, he was about 3ft ahead of me before we started, and both left soon as the light turned green. I got a car ahead right away, and slowly pulled on him. From a roll same thing, slowly pulled away, maybe 2 cars from 40-120. Only when I had an extra person giving me a 200+ lb penalty did it become a dead even race.

Seems full exhaust = better then revo software if stock. I was shocked.

DHall1
January 9th, 2010, 19:33
Not quite a scientific experiment here.

ttboost
January 9th, 2010, 19:44
Not quite a scientific experiment here.

Nope. Either 60-130 or 0-100 or so with a Performance box. That will tell the whole story.

p3u
January 9th, 2010, 19:49
Nope. Either 60-130 or 0-100 or so with a Performance box. That will tell the whole story.

Dig was 0-110 or so, I pulled, and each race I pulled whether he was in front or not.

Sorry I didn't use my scientific equipment...

DHall1
January 9th, 2010, 20:04
Two different cars, two different sets of parameters.

You cant make the assumption that exhaust mods are better then REVO.

Period.

Your car is faster than his. Thats it.

Seems full exhaust = better then revo software if stock. I was shocked.

ttboost
January 9th, 2010, 20:08

Period.

Right. Could still be driver mod. Someone manually shifting etc...

I'd like to see actual data, like Pbox data, and truly see what the numbers are from 0-100. Do stock RS6's actually run in the 4's 0-60?

V8weight
January 9th, 2010, 20:14
Right. Could still be driver mod. Someone manually shifting etc...

I'd like to see actual data, like Pbox data, and truly see what the numbers are from 0-100. Do stock RS6's actually run in the 4's 0-60?
Only in the hands of Car and Driver.

snoopra
January 9th, 2010, 20:15
An upgraded trans will beat a OEM trans everytime. Nothing to do with chip, exhaust, HP, etc. Remember, the trans IS what puts power to the ground.

ttboost
January 9th, 2010, 20:17
Only in the hands of Car and Driver.

Right!!! :lovl:

p3u
January 9th, 2010, 20:25
An upgraded trans will beat a OEM trans everytime. Nothing to do with chip, exhaust, HP, etc. Remember, the trans IS what puts power to the ground.

I can see that, but if both trannys are locked ( during the roll starts) it shouldn't have any effect. From a launch I agree 100% with that, as my car launches much better then it ever has.

cornishmoocher
January 9th, 2010, 20:27
Also take into account that with gutted Dp's and a milltek your car will spool up the turbo's quicker than a stock exhaust EVEN with a map.
No point in mapping a car and then strangling it is there?

p3u
January 9th, 2010, 20:33
Also take into account that with gutted Dp's and a milltek your car will spool up the turbo's quicker than a stock exhaust EVEN with a map.
No point in mapping a car and then strangling it is there?

That was the entire point of what I was posting. More information so people know what give the biggest increase in performance when comparing the two, stock chipped vs stock full exhaust if they are doing one before the other.

Don't shoot the messager for informing the community.

Thanks mooch for not hating.

:rs6kiss:

V8weight
January 9th, 2010, 20:49
That was the entire point of what I was posting. More information so people know what give the biggest increase in performance when comparing the two, stock chipped vs stock full exhaust if they are doing one before the other.

Don't shoot the messager for informing the community.

Thanks mooch for not hating.

:rs6kiss:
Did you happen to get any pics of your relocated O2 sensors? There's very little room between the main cats and the tailshaft, I'd like to see where you ended up putting them.

cornishmoocher
January 9th, 2010, 21:06
I don't hate anyone buddy!

I didn't detect anything other than a slighty perplexed and surprised post!

The thing is with these bloody cars is there aint one that will do exactly the same as the next persons... and I don't care what anyone says.
You can have two cars and do exactly the same to both, and one will out perform the other, produce bigger numbers than the other etc etc.

There are cars over here that have been mapped to stage 2 and 3 and only get 510-530 (English ;) ) hp. They do all the relevent bits. but still wont pull it!
Why does mine produce 600ftlbs of torque off of grizzes map and my other bits? No idea- it shouldn't in theory!
I was starting to question the dyno. So I went to another dyno, it produced 2 runs of 604ftlbs and 1 of 598ftlbs.

Anyhoo, we all do what we can and what we can afford to the cars.
Normally, any reasonable tuner would not tune a car without doing some exhaust mods for the reasons already stated. Or strongly advise against it.
Grizz was a star with mine, he told me what I should do and in waht order to suit my budget.

Sorry slightly OT there, but my point is, strange things happen with these cars- expect the unexpected and never poo-poo anyones comments (unless they are abso-feckin-lutely rediculous!) and not everything can be expl;ained.

Cheers Mooch!

p3u
January 9th, 2010, 21:07
Did you happen to get any pics of your relocated O2 sensors? There's very little room between the main cats and the tailshaft, I'd like to see where you ended up putting them.

Ill post a picture for you later this afternoon when I'm home, or I can email it to you.

V8weight
January 9th, 2010, 21:09
Ill post a picture for you later this afternoon when I'm home, or I can email it to you.
Either way is fine, thanks.

droogie5
January 9th, 2010, 21:28
I would ask, were you wearing spectacles? Holding a clipboard? Did you *even*bother* to take a barometric pressure reading? I've found that I if I quickly slip on a white lab coat first before I do an impromptu roll-on vs. the random beemer douche on I-43 I get a much more seriously scientific result.

Period.

Semicolon;

• Bullet point. End. Of. Convo. :hahahehe:

Aaaannyway, your car is faster than his car, in the real world, on a real road, and that is all that matters. I think it's a fair assumption that your hardware mods, vs. software only, are going to make a faster car... a modded trans with a TQ that's locking up tight is high the list of real-world mods that are going to make a difference on the street, inmo anyway.

For what it's worth, I pulled a 4.6 0-60 on a warm day in a kind of beat (not mine) RS6 that was bone stock. Every car is different.

DHall1
January 9th, 2010, 21:51
I dont see the hate in the thread. I would stand by my point that exhaust mods alone are not faster than REVO tune until such time we have more data. That said, its fun to spank a friend in a safe manner on closed roads. A good friend wanted to race my Supra years ago. He had a modified STI (that I tuned) and I had my old school 87 Supra.

I killed him from a stop and I killed him from a roll.

The result of the fun was that I could say my 23yr old Toyota was faster than his hopped up STI.

Pu you of all people should know what that any number of components could have been weak on your friends RS6. How often would you tell us that a Honda Accord could beat your car in the past?

Hmmm, I need a co driver in AZ and I can race all my vehicles with one another. haha I wonder if the old boat anchor can whip up the RS6? hmmm

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/SUPRA%20PICS/IMG_2701.jpg?t=1263072493

Period.

MaxRS6
January 9th, 2010, 22:26
Hook up Vagcom- Go to block 066 and use the acceleration module. It will show your 0-60 times and the 1/4 mile times (or any other distances/speed you select). It would be interesting to know the numbers (yes I understand the environmental factors make it hard to compare). As I posted a few threads below- mine pulled 0-60 in 4.5 by just putting it in "S" and taking off (dead weight passenger, golf clubs, and come to find out I have a bad coil on the 8 cyl causing a little misfire). I'm certainly not an expert in launching and plan on doing a few more runs next week after the coils are replaced, get rid of dead weight, and turning off ESP just for sh*ts and giggles.

p3u
January 9th, 2010, 22:40
Here you go.

ttboost
January 10th, 2010, 00:22
Hook up Vagcom- Go to block 066 and use the acceleration module. It will show your 0-60 times and the 1/4 mile times (or any other distances/speed you select). It would be interesting to know the numbers (yes I understand the environmental factors make it hard to compare). As I posted a few threads below- mine pulled 0-60 in 4.5 by just putting it in "S" and taking off (dead weight passenger, golf clubs, and come to find out I have a bad coil on the 8 cyl causing a little misfire). I'm certainly not an expert in launching and plan on doing a few more runs next week after the coils are replaced, get rid of dead weight, and turning off ESP just for sh*ts and giggles.

I was just curious what the "average" 0-60 was here in the real world. I realize it differs car to car. My 996tt is really faster than it ought to be, based on the limited mods it has. Tuning is everything and an important part of the overall "combination" of parts. I hope to have an RS6 soon, whether I get rid of my 996tt or not.

droogie5
January 10th, 2010, 03:54
At the risk of having a cooler full of haterade poured over my head, i'll go on record that the dynolicious app for iphone and ipod touch is pretty dang accurate, given that you calibrate the app and put your device in a rigid mount. I did some verifying, based on timing in-car vid captures, and it's pretty consistently accurate in my experience.

RS6-4dr911
January 10th, 2010, 04:59
At the risk of having a cooler full of haterade poured over my head, i'll go on record that the dynolicious app for iphone and ipod touch is pretty dang accurate, given that you calibrate the app and put your device in a rigid mount. I did some verifying, based on timing in-car vid captures, and it's pretty consistently accurate in my experience.

I can ditto that. I haven't done timing of the same exact run, guess I should, but within a few tenths, days apart, other variables, etc., etc., Dynolicious and VAGCOM were pretty much the same.

MaxRS6
January 10th, 2010, 05:00
Great to have options and verifications of equipment..- No haterade on call

RS6-4dr911
January 10th, 2010, 05:00
I was just curious what the "average" 0-60 was here in the real world. I realize it differs car to car. My 996tt is really faster than it ought to be, based on the limited mods it has. Tuning is everything and an important part of the overall "combination" of parts. I hope to have an RS6 soon, whether I get rid of my 996tt or not.

I won't post my 0-60 as I still feel something is amiss (see other threads) but I would like to know what your 996TT averages?

cornishmoocher
January 10th, 2010, 09:04
I have that app on my iphone 3gs, and after numerous calibrations and practically welding the thing to the mount, i have come to the conclusion it is shite!

gave me a HP as 1376! (which would be nice) and 0-60 as 1.9 sec!

So what am I doing wrong??

CheeRS Mooch!

ttboost
January 10th, 2010, 14:47
I won't post my 0-60 as I still feel something is amiss (see other threads) but I would like to know what your 996TT averages?

My turbo is a stick car (yeah I know..excuses:hihi:), but the best 0-60 I have datalogged is a 3.6. (average a 4.5ish) I've been 11.14 @ 133 and my best 60-130 is 5.99.

MaxRS6
January 10th, 2010, 14:50
but the best 0-60 I have datalogged is a 3.6. (average a 4.5ish) I've been 11.14 @ 133 and my best 60-130 is 5.99.

smoking!!!- Might I suggest {tongue in cheek} <TONGUE cheek in>remove all the seats, remove the dash, carpeting, and take off the valve stem caps and you could get it down to 3.4 :music:

ttboost
January 10th, 2010, 14:58
smoking!!!- Might I suggest remove all the seats, remove the dash, carpeting, and take off the valve stem caps and you could get it down to 3.4 :music:

Oh yeah, my weight loss mods got me down 250lbs to 3150 (3330 with me in it). That's as light as I am gonna get without making it NOT look like a street car. It is still a stock looking car with no back seats and a cage. I'm kinda trying to sell it and may have to put everything back to stock, depending on buyer...It's right about 600rwhp.

Shoppinit
January 10th, 2010, 19:16
I have that app on my iphone 3gs, and after numerous calibrations and practically welding the thing to the mount, i have come to the conclusion it is shite!

gave me a HP as 1376! (which would be nice) and 0-60 as 1.9 sec!

So what am I doing wrong??

CheeRS Mooch!
Mooch, those apps are useless. I have a G-tech RR and to be honest, that's pretty variable. I now use the vagcom which I believe is the most accurate way.

My best 0-60 time was about 5.3s IIRC. Car is stockl. I had it on a rolling road just after and all my horses were there.

cornishmoocher
January 11th, 2010, 22:10
Cheers fella, i was bored when I downloaded it!

with my box playing up, I think my days of the 3.5's are gone for the time being, UNLESS, i have a real worthy opponant, then i will risk all..........600ftlbs...GO!!! 1...2....3...BANG!!!!!

droogie5
January 11th, 2010, 23:11
[QUOTE=Shoppinit;179440]Mooch, those apps are useless. I have a G-tech RR and to be honest, that's pretty variable. I now use the vagcom which I believe is the most accurate way.

Of course VAGCOM is far better, but dynolicious is not useless. You have to calibrate it in a rigid mount and put in the correct weight and and driveline losses. It works well for me and is easier than connecting a lappy and firing up software all the time... I wouldn't look to it for accurate HP numbers, but in my experience timed runs are right on...

Fun to play with for a few bucks anyway. I also have a kiwi wifi obd dongle and the REV iphone app, which find pretty useful (except I wish VAG cars would give a boost reading through OBD like most other turbo cars!)