PDA

View Full Version : BND Automotive oils, fuel additives, coolant ect

DHall1
January 9th, 2010, 17:38
Hey all,

After months of GenXer talking about BND. I finally had the chance to chat with Brian. If any of you car guys really wish to dive into the chemical make up of whats in our gas, oil and coolant. Call this guy.

Some on the list have tried the different oils with good results and Willie runs all his stuff.

So, here is a thread. Post away. I have ordered the AcesIV and AcesII(motorhome). Working on getting all the cars filled up with Aces but just the first tank in the RS6 and I can tell you....amazing. I plan to clear and reset the ECU because if the octane rating is raised the RS ECU will not pull timing. Its the combo of pulling timing when a knock event is detected that really kills your performance.

I can tell the difference. My 2c and I dont make a cent from any sale. The performance is a bonus to the fuel conditioning from Aces. I want to ensure long life from the pump, injectors and valves/rings on all 6 of my boosted vehicles. Yes all my vehicles have boost. Kinda funny.

Enjoy.

MaxRS6
January 9th, 2010, 17:49
Does he have a web store or site? I'm gonna give it a shot since it has the Dave and GenXer seal of approval.

Thanks

Edit- Got it through a simple google search- LOL

GEN XER
January 10th, 2010, 00:11
This is great stuff. Hey Dave take an empty aluminum can and pour a little ACES on the carbon date on the bottom of the can. The carbon date has the same molecular makeup as the carbon that builds up in our engine. Swirl it around and watch how fast it dissolves the carbon. After that light it and watch it burn, once it is done burning, let it cool. What you will see after its done burning is that it does not leave any soot, or carbon and it leaves a light film on the can. It would be good to video tape that.

hahnmgh63
January 10th, 2010, 01:45
I've been using the Aces IV in my RS6, tt, 911, & CBR1000RR for about 1 year now and still a happy customer. And if the top end lubrication is all true then that is even more of a bonus. I'm about ready to buy another gallon which for all of my vehicles and the driving I do it has lasted about 1 year. I've found that a little less than recommended seem to work best in my vehicles.

GEN XER
January 10th, 2010, 05:14
I've been using the Aces IV in my RS6, tt, 911, & CBR1000RR for about 1 year now and still a happy customer. And if the top end lubrication is all true then that is even more of a bonus. I'm about ready to buy another gallon which for all of my vehicles and the driving I do it has lasted about 1 year. I've found that a little less than recommended seem to work best in my vehicles.

I don't use the full strength either. BND recommends 1oz ACES/ 1Gal of fuel or 3.5oz per tank in our RS6. I found in my car that it works better with about 2.5oz tank. It probably has something to do with timing. If you are the type who does not empty your tank then only add enough ACES to treat the added gas not the whole tank during refills.

MaxRS6
January 10th, 2010, 05:22
Thanks for the mix information- I've sent my email and thanks for the heads up about this guy and his magic potions.

GEN XER
January 10th, 2010, 05:50
BND just recently got into filters. The only thing BND didnt use to sell were filters, enough of us customers kept asking about filters so Brian finally got a major manufacturer to build him a filter to his specs. His filters filter down to I think 10 micron.

RS6 Trans Oil
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/GENXER1971/IMG00009-20091214-1722.jpg

RS6 Motor Oil
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/GENXER1971/IMG00010-20091214-1722.jpg

RS6 and VR6 Filters
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/GENXER1971/IMG00011-20091214-1723.jpg

DHall1
January 10th, 2010, 05:53
Get ready to stimulate the economy again.

2.5oz per tank of fuel. That helps alittle.

And Willie, any company that will print my name on the oil for my car.....well, they have my business.

MaxRS6
January 10th, 2010, 05:54
Dang- I just had the OEM tranny fluid put in when the new tranny was installed. It sounds like this would have been a great option.

MaxRS6
January 10th, 2010, 05:57
Get ready to stimulate the economy again.

2.5oz per tank of fuel. That helps alittle.

And Willie, any company that will print my name on the oil for my car.....well, they have my business.

I'm sure it will show up on the next job savings calculation.

snoopra
January 11th, 2010, 01:20
Dang- I just had the OEM tranny fluid put in when the new tranny was installed.......
I would have it drained, replace filter and filled with BND:jlol:
How's the trans handling?

snoopra
January 11th, 2010, 01:24
I don't use the full strength either. BND recommends 1oz ACES/ 1Gal of fuel or 3.5oz per tank in our RS6. I found in my car that it works better with about 2.5oz tank. It probably has something to do with timing. If you are the type who does not empty your tank then only add enough ACES to treat the added gas not the whole tank during refills.
How long would it take for delivery after ordering? Why can't I just order online? I like to use Paypal for payment. It's good products and I need it now!:hihi:

MaxRS6
January 11th, 2010, 01:27
I would have it drained, replace filter and filled with BND:jlol:
How's the trans handling?

I had the Milltek downpipes installed at the same time and the car definitely accelerates better.

On the other hand, Ty (customer rep at IPT) is a POS that has a hard time "speaking the truth". Several of us of have experienced his "issues". The more I thought of "his issues", it made me send a letter to the owner a couple of weeks ago and I'm awaiting a reply. The response of the ownership of Ty's issues will certainly go into the mosaic of my experience as he might just be a "loose cannon" at their place.

s42ski
January 11th, 2010, 01:52
Dhall1, welcome to the club, I have been using the fuel formula as well as all the oils and am a happy customer. Main thing with the oil is zero lifter noise at startup even after the car sits for a week. Tranny fluid has helped with roughness of shifts at light load. And the car feels like it performs better with the fuel formula ( no hard data to back this up, just seat of the pants).

I am an engineer and Brian knows his stuff. He can dive to what ever level of technical detail you want. I have had several conversations with him and have learned a lot about automotive lubrication.

And no I do not get a commission either!!

GEN XER
January 11th, 2010, 02:39
How long would it take for delivery after ordering? Why can't I just order online? I like to use Paypal for payment. It's good products and I need it now!:hihi:

I dont know Snoopra. Have you called Brian? You can order online after your first order. He wants to talk to his customers to get them the right products and he ships worldwide. The number is 440-821-9040. If you dont get an answer, it means he is in the Lab mixing up potions, LOL. Just leave a message.

DHall1
January 11th, 2010, 03:31
+1 on the AcesIV

The car pulls harder. The butt dyno never lies.

On boost mid range is hands down faster.

Dhall1, welcome to the club, I have been using the fuel formula as well as all the oils and am a happy customer. Main thing with the oil is zero lifter noise at startup even after the car sits for a week. Tranny fluid has helped with roughness of shifts at light load. And the car feels like it performs better with the fuel formula ( no hard data to back this up, just seat of the pants).

I am an engineer and Brian knows his stuff. He can dive to what ever level of technical detail you want. I have had several conversations with him and have learned a lot about automotive lubrication.

And no I do not get a commission either!!

MaxRS6
January 11th, 2010, 03:43
+1 on the AcesIV

accurate this dyno may read???

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:liqrFqgGmEkMcM:http://www.latil.net/albums/

DHall1
January 11th, 2010, 03:55
sis needs alittle sun.

p3u
January 11th, 2010, 04:02
+1 on the AcesIV

On boost mid range is hands down faster.

And my tests weren't scientific enough on my pulls...

:vhmmm:

GEN XER
January 11th, 2010, 04:49
Let's face it, oils are not what they use to be.

With the advent of the EPA Phase III, solid lifter and flat tappet cams are wiping out!!! Even if you have a roller set up, all is not well these days. Some companies are recommending diesel oils to help with the loss of Zinc, which is the anti-scuff agent that was once prevalent in all oils. This doesn't help as these oils also have been reduced in the amount of additives to comply with the new CJ 07 oil specs. All SJ, SL, and SM and later oils have been stripped of their effective additive packages for "clean air".
The EPA claims that zinc hurts emission control components namely the catalytic converter. We find this funny since most all vehicles since 1975 have had catalytic converters and emission control components. The more sophisticated emission components have been around since the early 80's. EXCEPT for a few of those brand new engines 07/08, they are virtually the same and have been for many years. What it comes down to is a desire to speed up the destruction of our vehicles so we will go out and replace them with new ones. Once again, they are going ahead and penalizing the rest of us for a few new models. (We also blend oils for new models also!)
What they have embarked on is the reduction of SAPSZ. This is Sulfated Ash, phosphorous, sulfur, and zinc. Sulfated Ash is the component that mitigates the total base number or TBN. Total Base Number is a measure of the amount of basic additives in a lubricant. High TBN is desirable in a crankcase oil to control corrosive engine wear from the acids of combustion. Phosphorous is an anti-scuff agent that is critical in protecting high RPM and High load engines from wear especially on cams, lifters, and cam followers. Zinc or Zinc dialkyl dithio phosphate (ZDDP) chemically reacts with iron to prevent welding of moving metal surfaces. What this component does is essentially a chemical polishing of the metal surface. The QuantumBlue technologies in every gallon of specially blended lubricant far exceeds the SAPSZ reduction problem. We blend the oils to be the optimum in protection for each application.

GEN XER
January 11th, 2010, 05:01
Diesel oil has higher levels of Phos and Zinc for heavy duty work, it is not harmful it is what makes it protect metals better. Below are virgin samples of QB and Castrol TXT. Then there is a copy of what it all means.

QB Virgin Sample
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/GENXER1971/QBOilSample-1.jpg

Castrol TXT Sample
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/GENXER1971/RS6Virgin-1.jpg

What it means
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/GENXER1971/BlackstoneImage-1.jpg

DHall1
January 11th, 2010, 05:15
I think we are all kidding around alittle on this thread. Maybe Max was serious about his sisters ass? "the butt dyno never lies" I mean really, if anyone thinks there is a serious scientific method in application here...they need to have their head examined.

You were making a huge leap of faith to say exhaust mods are better than revo when you toss in two different vehicles in two different states of tune.

But hey, sarcastic input is always welcome. Do you have any other points to make? Is Max's sisters ass too big? I think she needs some sun.

And my tests weren't scientific enough on my pulls...

:vhmmm:

MaxRS6
January 11th, 2010, 05:17
Is Max's sisters ass too big? I think she needs some sun.

Can you say solar eclipse? Remember- Daddy says she is a good kisser.

p3u
January 11th, 2010, 05:40
I think we are all kidding around alittle on this thread. Maybe Max was serious about his sisters ass? "the butt dyno never lies" I mean really, if anyone thinks there is a serious scientific method in application here...they need to have their head examined.

You were making a huge leap of faith to say exhaust mods are better than revo when you toss in two different vehicles in two different states of tune.

But hey, sarcastic input is always welcome. Do you have any other points to make? Is Max's sisters ass too big? I think she needs some sun.

Honestly it pisses me off that when I post a "non scientific test" you dismiss what I had to say without even asking a single question, but if you post an equivalent its ok.

Btw, both our cars have ran neck and neck every run we have ever done in the past year, so I think my test works out alright.

Back to on topic, Gen Xer this stuff sounds great, but curious, if it is so good how come none of the big guys such as mobile 1, castrol, etc make such a product. They obviously have the money, time, man power and capability to produce such wonderful fluids, but why not?

Not knocking these products, but just makes me wonder why.

Also, does the additive act as an octane booster to prevent knock?

DHall1
January 11th, 2010, 15:09
Well your making all kinds of friends here.

Simply, I made a statement that said. "not quite a scientific experiment here" No bashing, no trashing. Any engineer would not make such a this=that statement. My point was for all to take the this=that statement with a grain of salt.

Now, your over here on this thread pissing all over again. WTF difference is it that Mobil 1, Castrol and the others choose not to use expensive chemical products to makeup their oil. Do you think the American public is willing to spend 30 dollars a quart on oil for their Kia Rio? You can call Mobil 1 and ask them why their oil sucks.

Blackstone labs reports. I dont know, is that not scientific enough?

Honestly it pisses me off that when I post a "non scientific test" you dismiss what I had to say without even asking a single question, but if you post an equivalent its ok.

Btw, both our cars have ran neck and neck every run we have ever done in the past year, so I think my test works out alright.

Back to on topic, Gen Xer this stuff sounds great, but curious, if it is so good how come none of the big guys such as mobile 1, castrol, etc make such a product. They obviously have the money, time, man power and capability to produce such wonderful fluids, but why not?

Not knocking these products, but just makes me wonder why.

Also, does the additive act as an octane booster to prevent knock?

snoopra
January 11th, 2010, 17:26
Can't we all just get along? IMHO, and since I work for one of the largest Oil Refinery in the US, large auto oil resellers will never spend more or add more than they are legally regulated to do as far as our oil is concerned. .02

p3u
January 11th, 2010, 17:34
Can't we all just get along? IMHO, and since I work for one of the largest Oil Refinery in the US, large auto oil resellers will never spend more or add more than they are legally regulated to do as far as our oil is concerned. .02

So its really as simple as "they" being cheap? Even if they don't use the best spec products for the masses you think they would still cater to the user that wants that extra bit. Maybe we are too small of a market to be considered?

DHall1
January 11th, 2010, 17:41
A world wide forum will bring many opinions. Simple statements should not make your blood boil.

I will give Mobil 1 some credit. Certain Mobil 1 oils are still good. 0w40 euro formula still has good qualities. I run it in my wifes E55. The other M1 stuff at Walmart is not good.

All the oil talk is good. I need to go read up on the Shell Rotella that I use in our motorhome. Just to make sure they are not cutting any corners as some major companies.

Moving forward, I like the BND stuff and will look into the oil at the next service interval. What Brian talks about in the fuel is dead on and the EPA has no interest in making cars/engines last for extended periods. IMHO

DHall1
January 11th, 2010, 17:46
You would think that to be the case.

Advertising dollars and research may point these big companies into thinking the public is "stupid" for the most part and the company can spend money on ads that make the public think the stuff is gold. Public thinks its gold....will spend alittle more money on say Walmart M1. Oil company didnt really have to add expensive chemicals and yet can sell a boat load of the stuff at higher prices.

Compare and contrast that to the hard core car/truck guys that want to know whats in everything and will only spend the extra money for a real products. Not a hyped up million dollar ad campaign. Ie BND, Redline ect. Until more of the public wake up and demand the quality product from the big oil....we get 10w30 Valvoline.

So its really as simple as "they" being cheap? Even if they don't use the best spec products for the masses you think they would still cater to the user that wants that extra bit. Maybe we are too small of a market to be considered?

DHall1
January 11th, 2010, 18:49
Well, a case in point. Shell did change the Rotella T 15w40. Guess what? The oil is now crap and at the bottom of most oil tests. That is just great.

Good thing....I am due to change the oil in the motorhome. 25qts. Yes 25qts.

Now to see who is still making good diesel truck Cummins oil. Damn

I will give Mobil 1 some credit. Certain Mobil 1 oils are still good. 0w40 euro formula still has good qualities. I run it in my wifes E55. The other M1 stuff at Walmart is not good.

All the oil talk is good. I need to go read up on the Shell Rotella that I use in our motorhome. Just to make sure they are not cutting any corners as some major companies.

Moving forward, I like the BND stuff and will look into the oil at the next service interval. What Brian talks about in the fuel is dead on and the EPA has no interest in making cars/engines last for extended periods. IMHO

s42ski
January 11th, 2010, 19:00
Suggest you give Brian a call ? 25 quarts for the motor home ! Yikes.

Well, a case in point. Shell did change the Rotella T 15w40. Guess what? The oil is now crap and at the bottom of most oil tests. That is just great.

Good thing....I am due to change the oil in the motorhome. 25qts. Yes 25qts.

Now to see who is still making good diesel truck Cummins oil. Damn

DHall1
January 11th, 2010, 21:06
The thought scares me. I just gave him 550 for AcesII and IV. Yeeks

I know the chemist in him will educate me but I also know the finance director in the house will whip me.

Why did I have to take all those chem and physics classes in school. Brian knows his stuff and I can somewhat understand him. I wish we drove a Kia Rio. Life would be so numb.

Suggest you give Brian a call ? 25 quarts for the motor home ! Yikes.

ben916
January 11th, 2010, 21:26
...but I also know the finance director in the house will whip me...

sounds like you need a good whipping....:w:

GEN XER
January 11th, 2010, 21:35
The reason that other oil companies don't do what we do is first, they don't have our specific process, secondly, if they did, it would raise the prices above what they would consider acceptable, and third, they don't have the Quantum-A and Quantum-B Catalysts to add into the mix that would give them the advantages that we produce.*Also, they don't have the capability to produce custom blended materials in 1 gallon increments.* It would cost them way too much to do. We are small enough to do that and still be profitable.....they can not.

Regards,
Brian
BND

snoopra
January 12th, 2010, 21:36
I dont know Snoopra. Have you called Brian? You can order online after your first order. He wants to talk to his customers to get them the right products and he ships worldwide. The number is 440-821-9040. If you dont get an answer, it means he is in the Lab mixing up potions, LOL. Just leave a message.
Just placed an order for some "goodies" (Aces IV, engine oil, oil filter & Coolant)!

MaxRS6
January 12th, 2010, 21:43
Just placed an order for some "goodies" (Aces IV, engine oil, oil filter & Coolant)!

I just called and am going to place the same exact order when I get the call back..

MaxRS6
January 12th, 2010, 22:41
Just got through talkin with Brian (and Willie- thanks Willie for the input) and I have a lot of fluids headed this way (same as Snoopra). I even decided to order the tranny fluid. Going all in. :)

A Wagner I/C will be next on the hit parade.

I appreciate your comments and research as well Dhall!

GEN XER
January 13th, 2010, 01:29
Just got through talkin with Brian (and Willie- thanks Willie for the input) and I have a lot of fluids headed this way (same as Snoopra). I even decided to order the tranny fluid. Going all in. :)

No problem. Enjoy.

V8weight
January 13th, 2010, 02:16
Would anybody care to divulge the cost of any of this stuff? Gallon of oil, gallon of trans fluid, the aces IV, oil filters. I'm pretty well stocked with oil right now, but by the time I run low I'll be looking to flush the trans again. I just don't want to call and pester Brian full well knowing that I won't be placing an order at this time.

DHall1
January 13th, 2010, 02:51
Glad I could offer my butt dyno figures and your lil sis pictures.

Brain is the real deal. I am happy to support a individual and company such as his. Anyone that can talk more than me is just plain nuts. He loves what he does and he loves to take care of his customers.

That is why I posted this thread.

MaxRS6
January 13th, 2010, 03:05
Glad I could offer my butt dyno figures and your lil sis pictures.

Brain is the real deal. I am happy to support a individual and company such as his. Anyone that can talk more than me is just plain nuts. He loves what he does and he loves to take care of his customers.

That is why I posted this thread.

Uhhh- Brian is a "brain" but I think he goes by Brian- LOL BTW- Brian mentioned he enjoyed the discussion with you on the technical issues as you "know your stuff" as well.

I agree with your comments after speaking with him today when I placed my order. However; I was out of my depth when he started discussing the technical details. Now if he wanted to talk beer or warming up clay bars- I'm your man. :)

DHall1
January 13th, 2010, 03:27
Uhhh,

72 and sunny. Hehe...guess where I was?

But the ladies were out in force. It just about drove me nuts....get out of the wayyyyyyyyy

snoopra
January 13th, 2010, 03:37
72F, I wish! Coolest it got today was 82F:)

MaxRS6
January 13th, 2010, 03:55
Darn you Dhall!!..Curse you Snoopra and your islands!!- May you both get a severe sun burn in parts that are uncomfortable....:)

4everRS
January 13th, 2010, 04:01
^ I second Max. Although, it was pretty balmy today at 23F. Nearly 50 degrees warmer than a couple days last week!

V8weight
January 13th, 2010, 04:08
^ I second Max. Although, it was pretty balmy today at 23F. Nearly 50 degrees warmer than a couple days last week!
30f tomorrow, I going to have to dig my shorts back out of the closet.:cool2:

4everRS
January 13th, 2010, 04:24
30f tomorrow, I going to have to dig my shorts back out of the closet.:cool2:

We should set a tee time :hihi: Any nice courses close to you?

V8weight
January 13th, 2010, 04:31
We should set a tee time :hihi: Any nice courses close to you?
I'll see what I can dig up:snow:

snoopra
February 17th, 2010, 21:16
Put some ACES IV in the Caddy yesterday, I could literally feel the difference within ten minutes!!! Nothing in the beast yet as the ECU hasn't come back from Unitronics. Downpipes are off to JET-HOT for the ceramic coating:) I'm a kid in a candy store:)

DHall1
February 17th, 2010, 21:20
^^ even our resident oil engineer likes it.

Amulet-S6
February 18th, 2010, 19:28
Just ordered the whole package of fluids/filters from Brian, the owner of BND. Great guy. W-a-a-a-a-y too technical for me~!
I'm just s simple dentist...

Jim

V8weight
March 10th, 2010, 02:13
I just got off the phone with Brian and ordered 3 gallons of the transmission fluid. I'll be doing a flush with my next oil change (probably next weekend) and will let you know my impressions.

MaxRS6
March 10th, 2010, 03:25
^^ I just had a complete BND transfusion done today as I went all-in:
Transmission Fluid
Oil & Filter
Coolant

and the brake fluid changed while they were at it. So far so good as it made it all the way from the shop to home. I must admit a little strange feeling putting a home brew in the veins in lieu of the name-brands. However; I have trust in Brian and the feedback of others. If it makes it over 300K, I'll declare victory...;0

V8weight
March 10th, 2010, 03:32
^^ I just had a complete BND transfusion done today as I went all-in:
Transmission Fluid
Oil & Filter
Coolant

and the brake fluid changed while there were at it.
Wow, big day. I'll be switching to the Quantum Blue oil and filters in the near future, but I currently have a surplus of the Lubro Moly sitting here.

topcat_92
March 10th, 2010, 19:50
Cost for fuel additive, trans fluid, and other products?

GEN XER
March 11th, 2010, 06:10
Cost for fuel additive, trans fluid, and other products?

ACES 4 $225/ Gal. Oil $13/ Gal

Amulet-S6
March 11th, 2010, 18:45
For my RS6 package: Motor oil & filter, steering fluid, anti-freeze, transmission fluid, and fuel additive it was about $490 US It's all going into the car next week.

GEN XER
March 12th, 2010, 03:37
For my RS6 package: Motor oil & filter, steering fluid, anti-freeze, transmission fluid, and fuel additive it was about $490 US It's all going into the car next week.

AS6,
Do you mean Power Steering Lubricant? If so remember you only ad 2oz to your system. It works well for quieting the power steering pump and aiding the PS fluid with the Rack & Pinion lubricity.

DHall1
March 12th, 2010, 06:14
Oil is 13 dollars a gallon?

ACES 4 $225/ Gal. Oil $13/ Gal

V8weight
March 12th, 2010, 06:18
What the hell, I paid 4 times that!

vangelis
March 12th, 2010, 06:25
I just paid $280 for 10/L bottles of ATF from the dealer.

GEN XER
March 12th, 2010, 06:43
What the hell, I paid 4 times that!

I meant per qt.

GEN XER
March 12th, 2010, 06:44

This is why you dont drink and type. its 13/qt

V8weight
April 8th, 2010, 03:23
Just bumping this up. I had a chance to put the BND transmission fluid in my car a couple of weeks ago. I bought 3 gallons, which allowed me to drain and fill the trans twice to flush the torque converter with about 1.5 quarts left to spare. The difference wasn't immediately noticeable, but after about 20 miles the trans felt like new. It seemed to help with the prolonged shifts and the trans' tendency to want to hold higher gears and up-shift too soon. I don't know if the TCU had to adapt to the new fluid, or if something worked it's way out of the valve body, but it did make a very noticeable improvement. Another satisfied customer, so much so that I'll be switching to the BND motor oil on my next oil change.

GEN XER
April 8th, 2010, 03:49
All you have to do to become a fan is try it.

4everRS
April 8th, 2010, 04:18
Hmmm, I usually hate to be a bandwagon joiner, but, I think I will be getting these products in the future. I have been planning on doing a tranny flush this spring and didn't completely make up my mind on product until now. My loving wife recently found out I spent about $300 on my brakes recently (without telling her), so I will need to build up some points as well as let a little time pass before doing this.

BTW Pat, I forgot to mention this when we talked last but, ever since I changed oil with the lubro moly, I have been getting a slight bit of lifter noise at start-up. Not every time but it really never happened before. Maybe you addressed this, but have you changed to the BND oil, and if so, any lifter noise? Any one else for that matter?

GEN XER
April 8th, 2010, 04:32
The only way I have any lifter noise is if I let the car sit for a couple weeks w/o starting it. It taps a couple times then it stops. If i drive it every couple days i have no lifter noise on BND oil. If you order the oil before me tell Brian about the lifter noise he may be able to eliminate the noise all together with the right additive package.

V8weight
April 8th, 2010, 04:41
BTW Pat, I forgot to mention this when we talked last but, ever since I changed oil with the lubro moly, I have been getting a slight bit of lifter noise at start-up. Not every time but it really never happened before. Maybe you addressed this, but have you changed to the BND oil, and if so, any lifter noise? Any one else for that matter?
Hmm, I haven't noticed any lifter noise, but I do know that the injectors are noticeably louder during the colder weather. Could that be what you're hearing?

GEN XER
April 8th, 2010, 04:47
Hmm, I haven't noticed any lifter noise, but I do know that the injectors are noticeably louder during the colder weather. Could that be what you're hearing?

Hmm it could be. The injectors are loud and is more likely the culprit.

4everRS
April 8th, 2010, 04:52
Always thought it was lifter noise. Had it in the cold with my old A6. Like a rapid, dry sounding ticking for a brief moment at start up. I find it odd that it is happening even with the weather a little warmer. It doesn't happen often, but maybe every 4th or 5th time I start the car. I drive it everyday. I think it happened twice with the old oil (dealer change), and it was during the extreme cold temps. It really only has started to do it more often after the oil change. Maybe I should get some injector cleaner to see what happens.

V8weight
April 8th, 2010, 04:59
Always thought it was lifter noise. Had it in the cold with my old A6. Like a rapid, dry sounding ticking for a brief moment at start up. I find it odd that it is happening even with the weather a little warmer. It doesn't happen often, but maybe every 4th or 5th time I start the car. I drive it everyday. I think it happened twice with the old oil (dealer change), and it was during the extreme cold temps. It really only has started to do it more often after the oil change. Maybe I should get some injector cleaner to see what happens.
Oh shit. A "lifter tick" noise that presents itself at start up then goes away after a second is usually an indicator of a failing cam adjuster. Usually throws a cam sensor code....... but the noise is very common with all VAG cars and doesn't necessarily indicate a failure. My S4 had that rattle every time I started it, annoying, but I was assured by dozens of Audi techs that it was common and nothing to worry about.

4everRS
April 8th, 2010, 05:59
Ha. Wouldn't that be really awesome. It really does seem to be highly correlated to the oil change though (yes the oil is full). I did throw the cam code again about a week and a half ago. Went away on it's own. The p0341 as usual, but also with a friend, p1340, which looks to indicate a bad sensor. Unless it is in conjuction with a crank sensor, it looks like if there is a p1340, it's almost always the hall sensor failing. Now that I am mentioning this, i'm sure I will see that beautiful amber glow sometime tomorrow.

DHall1
April 8th, 2010, 06:30
Remind your wife how much the dealer charges if you take the car in. Then tell her how much you saved by doing the work. Dinner and a night out always help.

Did I ever answer your question about the reflash with MTM TCU chip?

If not here ya go. Go with the 91oct map and get the MTM TCU chip. Car runs great.

Hmmm, I usually hate to be a bandwagon joiner, but, I think I will be getting these products in the future. I have been planning on doing a tranny flush this spring and didn't completely make up my mind on product until now. My loving wife recently found out I spent about $300 on my brakes recently (without telling her), so I will need to build up some points as well as let a little time pass before doing this.

4everRS
April 8th, 2010, 16:36
Thanks Dave.
Ya, I've worked the "do you know what the dealer would have charged?" angle. She isn't taking it. Sort of like my reaction when she shows me how much she "saved" at Kohls cause stuff was on sale. I always say "but look at what you spent". haha. You did answer before. But didn't mention the 91 oct map. Sounds like the 93 is a little too much?

Remind your wife how much the dealer charges if you take the car in. Then tell her how much you saved by doing the work. Dinner and a night out always help.

Did I ever answer your question about the reflash with MTM TCU chip?

If not here ya go. Go with the 91oct map and get the MTM TCU chip. Car runs great.

snoopra
April 9th, 2010, 22:30
Just visited BND website, they now have windsheild washer fluid( for non-freezing zones - can also be used to remove bugs, tree sap, etc) which is actually BLUE:). Also, fabric stain remover, vinyl/leather protectant with UV protection!

GEN XER
April 10th, 2010, 06:16
ACES at work

Video Demo
http://acesworldwide.com/products_movie.html

DHall1
April 10th, 2010, 07:32
Yes,

The proof is always in the puddin

GEN XER
April 15th, 2010, 04:31
http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww132/4DEATER/ACESDecals-1.jpghttp://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww132/4DEATER/ACESIVandQuantumBlueDecals-1.jpg (http://www.bndautomotive.com/page/page/901818.htm)

ACES IV Fuel Catalyst (http://www.bndautomotive.com/page/page/931760.htm)- "Higher HP -N- Torque w/better mileage & longer engine life... Rocket Fuel for your car!

QuantumBlue Lubricants (http://www.bndautomotive.com/page/page/929427.htm)-"Because our Custom Blended lubricants ALWAYS outperform store bought!"

QuantumBlue HP Gold Coolants (http://www.bndautomotive.com/page/page/2362165.htm)-"Better than even OEM without the GUNK"

ALSO TRY: QuantumBlue Vinyl and Fabric Stain and UV Protectors.

GEN XER
May 15th, 2010, 20:43
Hey you guys, I started a Blog for QB products. This way its easier to find when you need to tell folks about it. All you guys who use it take a minute and leave a comment. Blogs stay on top and we wont have to keep digging it up.

GEN XER
May 19th, 2010, 02:41
Hey you guys, I started a Blog for QB products. This way its easier to find when you need to tell folks about it. All you guys who use it take a minute and leave a comment. Blogs stay on top and we wont have to keep digging it up.

My Blog
http://www.rs6.com/entry.php/5-BND-Automotive-oils-fuel-additives-coolant-ect

AudiRS4ever
July 4th, 2010, 22:59
I wanted to chime in. I just got my ACES VI and can honestly say I can't tell one bit of difference. Oh yeah, could be because I haven't driven the RS6 in over 6 weeks so I can't remember what the hell it drove like.:lovl: I also put it in my daily driver, a 535Xi (as Dave would say, "Are you listening Audi? You're loosing more customers, because you won't bring anything worth while over here. Don't worry Dave, I put a deposit on an F10 M5 last week. Hopefully about a year to 2 years out at worst.) In the 535i either I'm wanting to feel a difference, or there really is one. I can't say it's any faster, but I will say it's so much smoother. And the start-up is quicker now. The tranny fluid and filter are being switched out this Tuesday. I really like Brian. To say he is way smarter than me is an understatement. He laughed like crazy after he was done giving me his 1 hour speech about BND and I told him he had lost me at hello. I literally told him, "If it's good enough for Dave, it's good enough for me."
I have a question for you Dave, you said you are only adding 2.5oz to your car for a full tank of fuel? We have a 22 gallon tank if I'm not mistaken. I also think Pat said he is doing the same thing. I filled my tank completely and put 3.5oz in. Should I back down to 2.5? Also, would you guys recommend backing down on my 5 and my wifes 335Xi? Thank you Gen Xer for letting us all know about Brian. You are awesome!:addict:

V8weight
July 4th, 2010, 23:42
I always fill up at a quarter of a tank (15-16 gallons), so yes, I always add 2.5 oz. Of Aces IV.

DHall1
July 5th, 2010, 02:35
In the first tank of treatment.....the first thing I noticed was "smoother and easier starting"....then I started to notice smoother takeoff and additional power delivery from low speeds.

Reset your ECU to compensate for the better gas.

As Pat noted...I fill up at 1/4 tank and add 2.5oz.

I run the Aces in all my vehicles and the Cummins powered motorhome(Aces for diesel). I dont give a rats a$$ what others choose to run. Last summer in this crazy AZ heat my RS6 was a pooch. This summer my car is still the wild monster unleashed on the public. It was only 103 today and my car was flat out screaming. I can ask for nothing more.

I will never pull the plug on Aces.

I wanted to chime in. I just got my ACES VI and can honestly say I can't tell one bit of difference. Oh yeah, could be because I haven't driven the RS6 in over 6 weeks so I can't remember what the hell it drove like.:lovl: I also put it in my daily driver, a 535Xi (as Dave would say, "Are you listening Audi? You're loosing more customers, because you won't bring anything worth while over here. Don't worry Dave, I put a deposit on an F10 M5 last week. Hopefully about a year to 2 years out at worst.) In the 535i either I'm wanting to feel a difference, or there really is one. I can't say it's any faster, but I will say it's so much smoother. And the start-up is quicker now. The tranny fluid and filter are being switched out this Tuesday. I really like Brian. To say he is way smarter than me is an understatement. He laughed like crazy after he was done giving me his 1 hour speech about BND and I told him he had lost me at hello. I literally told him, "If it's good enough for Dave, it's good enough for me."
I have a question for you Dave, you said you are only adding 2.5oz to your car for a full tank of fuel? We have a 22 gallon tank if I'm not mistaken. I also think Pat said he is doing the same thing. I filled my tank completely and put 3.5oz in. Should I back down to 2.5? Also, would you guys recommend backing down on my 5 and my wifes 335Xi? Thank you Gen Xer for letting us all know about Brian. You are awesome!:addict:

GEN XER
July 5th, 2010, 02:45

If your car does better with 3.5oz on a full tank then keep using 3.5oz. I use to use 2.5oz to a full tank. My car ran better with less ACES per tank, I don't know why but I got better mileage with less ACES. Run the 3.5 oz for a couple tanks and take an avg of the mileage, then go to 3oz and do the same thing, then go to 2.5 oz and do the same thing. if you find your car gets better mileage at 3.5oz than at 2.5oz then keep running 3.5oz. The 1:6 ratio is not concrete you can even use a 1:12 ratio, I use this ratio in my wife's car because it does better with less.

You are Welcome.

GEN XER
July 5th, 2010, 02:48
In the first tank of treatment.....the first thing I noticed was "smoother and easier starting"....then I started to notice smoother takeoff and additional power delivery from low speeds.

Reset your ECU to compensate for the better gas.

As Pat noted...I fill up at 1/4 tank and add 2.5oz.

I run the Aces in all my vehicles and the Cummins powered motorhome(Aces for diesel). I dont give a rats a$$ what others choose to run. Last summer in this crazy AZ heat my RS6 was a pooch. This summer my car is still the wild monster unleashed on the public. It was only 103 today and my car was flat out screaming. I can ask for nothing more.

I will never pull the plug on Aces.

Resetting the ECU will work as well as the ACES richens up the fuel so resetting the ECU will help the car adjust to the new mixture.

DHall1
July 5th, 2010, 02:51
I agree with this approach as well.

I just never check my gas mileage. When I drive the RS6 I mean business. Business does not equal good gas mileage.

Willie....happy 4th to you over there on the other coast my friend. Thanks for your service.

If your car does better with 3.5oz on a full tank then keep using 3.5oz. I use to use 2.5oz to a full tank. My car ran better with less ACES per tank, I don't know why but I got better mileage with less ACES. Run the 3.5 oz for a couple tanks and take an avg of the mileage, then go to 3oz and do the same thing, then go to 2.5 oz and do the same thing. if you find your car gets better mileage at 3.5oz than at 2.5oz then keep running 3.5oz. The 1:6 ratio is not concrete you can even use a 1:12 ratio, I use this ratio in my wife's car because it does better with less.

You are Welcome.

AudiRS4ever
July 5th, 2010, 05:04
Stupid question, but how do I reset the ecu? Sorry, but I've never done it. Thanks again.

DHall1
July 5th, 2010, 05:48
Vagcom or pull the battery cable

Stupid question, but how do I reset the ecu? Sorry, but I've never done it. Thanks again.

JSRS6
July 5th, 2010, 15:37
For 30 seconds if I'm not mistaken?

AudiRS4ever
July 5th, 2010, 15:46
I think with the Vag you just clear the engine fault codes. That's what I just did 5 minutes ago. Hope that's what I was supposed to do.

JSRS6
July 5th, 2010, 15:50
You are correct sir. Disconnecting you battery for 30 seconds is the "other way" to clear codes. Obviously if you have a cable or are near a parts store(most will give you an obd-ll scanner to clear your codes for free with the exchange of a DL), you should go that route. Of course the battery method will also make your windows stupid for a few minutes till you teach them again. ;-)

GEN XER
July 5th, 2010, 21:45
I agree with this approach as well.

I just never check my gas mileage. When I drive the RS6 I mean business. Business does not equal good gas mileage.

Willie....happy 4th to you over there on the other coast my friend. Thanks for your service.

Thanks Dave. I was proud to serve! Happy 4th back to the West Side.

GEN XER
July 13th, 2010, 19:52
Guys I forgot how much coolant the RS6 takes? Help me out? Is it three gallons?

MaxRS6
July 13th, 2010, 20:00
Guys I forgot how much coolant the RS6 takes? Help me out? Is it three gallons?

I just did this and needed 2 gallons. edit: this was 2 gallons of BND's concentrate which was then mixed 50/50. I had some of the coolant concentrate returned by the tech after the fluid change.

While I was at it, I had them do my power steering fluid with BND's stuff. The infamous power steering groan has actually disappeared with the change.

DHall1
July 13th, 2010, 20:41
Funny how that works out.

BND supporter from day 3 thru thick and thin.

Willie was from day 1. So glad I listened to him.

One for Willie.

I just did this and needed 2 gallons. edit: this was 2 gallons of BND's concentrate which was then mixed 50/50. I had some of the coolant concentrate returned by the tech after the fluid change.

While I was at it, I had them do my power steering fluid with BND's stuff. The infamous power steering groan has actually disappeared with the change.

JSRS6
July 13th, 2010, 20:42
ok, willie, so is it premixed, or like max is saying is it concentrate?

GEN XER
July 13th, 2010, 22:42
R
R

ok, willie, so is it premixed, or like max is saying is it concentrate?

Mine is pre-mixed. I don't want to have to buy distilled water and fuss with mixing.

GEN XER
July 13th, 2010, 22:49
Ok where are my Rep points?

JSRS6
July 13th, 2010, 23:39
OK, so im getting 3 gallons premixed from you. I need 4 gallons premixed according to Max. Should i just wait till i can get another gallon from Brian, or can i add another gallon of distilled to the 3 gallons premixed and be ok?

V8weight
July 13th, 2010, 23:54
In all of the timing belt services I've done this far, I've used less than 3 gallons of pre-mixed coolant. That's draining the radiator, engine block, aux. radiators and all. I know the capacity is technically higher, but you'll never get it all out.

JSRS6
July 14th, 2010, 00:05
Thanks Pat. I love this forum.

4everRS
July 14th, 2010, 02:05
Pat, if I remember right, I believe we used less than 2 gallons on mine. Accually, I think we used well under 2 gallons.
In all of the timing belt services I've done this far, I've used less than 3 gallons of pre-mixed coolant. That's draining the radiator, engine block, aux. radiators and all. I know the capacity is technically higher, but you'll never get it all out.

GEN XER
July 14th, 2010, 03:53
You will only need 3. You wont use it all. Yes you will be fine adding distilled to top it off. i would say not to use more than half a gallon to top it off if 3gals is not enough.

MaxRS6
July 15th, 2010, 14:00
OK, so im getting 3 gallons premixed from you. I need 4 gallons premixed according to Max...

I purchased 2 gallons of concentrate (equivalent 4 gallons of premix). However; as I noted, the tech returned some of the concentrate back to me. 3 gallons was about the amount utilized as I have about 1/2 gallon of the concentrate returned. I'll use it to top off if and when needed or during the next flush.

Hy Octane
July 21st, 2010, 04:01
Well, I am just blown away!!! I got my ACESIV in the post today and filler her up with some good ol Chevron 91 SoCal summer blend and added 3 1/3 oz of da goop..
What a difference! Went out for a spin and the change was immediate.. Like running on race gas.,,.. Runs quieter and pulls stronger.. less pedal needed to get her going and can already see better mpg readout in the city..
I always wondered why someone hadnt invented something like this for gas and now I know they did!!
More after the first tankfull...

DHall1
July 21st, 2010, 04:04
I love it.

Who is the jack a$$ now?

Doh

Aces rocks! My car is fast as hell and I dont replace my injectors every 5 years. But what do I know.

Well, I am just blown away!!! I got my ACESIV in the post today and filler her up with some good ol Chevron 91 SoCal summer blend and added 3 1/3 oz of da goop..
What a difference! Went out for a spin and the change was immediate.. Like running on race gas.,,.. Runs quieter and pulls stronger.. less pedal needed to get her going and can already see better mpg readout in the city..
I always wondered why someone hadnt invented something like this for gas and now I know they did!!
More after the first tankfull...

GEN XER
July 21st, 2010, 04:22
I use ACES IV and all QB products available for sale. Oil, coolant, and P/S Fluid. BND also has lube oil and even gun cleaning oil. Brian is a genius and he is always thinking of ways to improve a product.

V8weight
July 21st, 2010, 04:32
I use ACES IV and all QB products available for sale. Oil, coolant, and P/S Fluid. BND also has lube oil and even gun cleaning oil. Brian is a genius and he is always thinking of ways to improve a product.
Hmm, interesting. I'll have to get on the phone with Brian and see if he can whip something up for my air compressor. Gun oil too! Hmm.

GEN XER
July 26th, 2010, 00:38
Hmm, interesting. I'll have to get on the phone with Brian and see if he can whip something up for my air compressor. Gun oil too! Hmm.

I have to keep my guns and ammo at the ready. You never know. LOL!

V8weight
July 26th, 2010, 03:34
I have to keep my guns and ammo at the ready. You never know. LOL!
Agreed if things don't shape up in November, we may need them.......

V8weight
July 31st, 2010, 15:32
I have an update on the AcesIV. I've been running it for about 4 months. I always remove my intercooler pipes and clean them at every oil change, and can always expect to have about a half cup of oil pour out when I initially remove the hoses. After running the Aces, I was surprised to find ZERO oil residue in my intercooler hoses. None. Apparently the upper cylinder lubrication of AcesIV is a very real thing. I'm no longer getting the blow-by that I've been accustomed to since I've owned the car. That alone makes it worth it for me. I've now finally gotten around to changing my oil and adding the Quantum Blue, so I'll give you my impressions on that when I get a chance.

DHall1
July 31st, 2010, 17:17
I should really say something here but I need to go get the jack out of my ass.

Bnd rocks.

I have an update on the AcesIV. I've been running it for about 4 months. I always remove my intercooler pipes and clean them at every oil change, and can always expect to have about a half cup of oil pour out when I initially remove the hoses. After running the Aces, I was surprised to find ZERO oil residue in my intercooler hoses. None. Apparently the upper cylinder lubrication of AcesIV is a very real thing. I'm no longer getting the blow-by that I've been accustomed to since I've owned the car. That alone makes it worth it for me. I've now finally gotten around to changing my oil and adding the Quantum Blue, so I'll give you my impressions on that when I get a chance.

skribe
July 31st, 2010, 17:49
Ugh, you knobs will convince me some day. :)

Dave, for my 100 GIAC beers, I'll accept Corona or Stella. UPS ground is fine.

hahnmgh63
July 31st, 2010, 18:40
I'm just about ready to finish up my first gallon of Aces IV and order another. I haven't checked the intercooler hoses on my Wagners since I installed them so I'll have to give them a go and see what I find, although I am also running a oil catch can on each bank so I hope to find almost no oil myself.

DHall1
July 31st, 2010, 22:24
I remember the offer but where was the test or evidence that a giac car is faster than stock 0-60.

come on over, beer on me. Meet us in Yellowstone.

Bnd Aces gets run in all 5 of my cars. Jack or no jack. I dont give a rats ass who wants to run this stuff.

Ugh, you knobs will convince me some day. :)

Dave, for my 100 GIAC beers, I'll accept Corona or Stella. UPS ground is fine.

snoopra
August 1st, 2010, 13:58
............ I am also running a oil catch can on each bank so I hope to find almost no oil myself.
Got any pics of your CC setup?

snoopra
August 1st, 2010, 14:03
.........After running the Aces, I was surprised to find ZERO oil residue in my intercooler hoses. None.....
Didn't even notice this until reading this post. I also had no oil residue in my hoses when I removed them for the Wagner IC's install.

DHall1
August 1st, 2010, 16:06
That's so funny how the snake oil, 3oz can't do anything, sucker born every minute people that actually run bnd just rave about this stuff. Never mind that many of these folks are actually engineers. Na nothing to see here we better move along.

Oh, and everyone. I saw the amount of oil that came out of Pats intercooler hose before using Aces. It was massive.

Just keep on digging folks. Pretty soon you can bury your cars in it.

Didn't even notice this until reading this post. I also had no oil residue in my hoses when I removed them for the Wagner IC's install.

DHall1
August 11th, 2010, 05:17
AcesII in our diesel pusher motorhome. Carbon has been getting cleaned out of both diesel engines for over 5000 miles. Engines running cleaner and cleaner every tank. Cummins ISC 350 is one of best diesel engines ever produced. I say engines because there is a diesel generator up front and the carbon is getting cleaned out of it too.

Just got back from a 4400 mile trip. Summer heat, towing loads, mountains. Oil usage? 1 quart. Most motorhome owners report typical oil usage from this Cummins engine at 1qt/800-1000 miles.

U do the math. 68,000 mile driveline.

:-)

AUDI5000CSTQ
August 12th, 2010, 05:21
So, was it ever determined if Aces IV is a catalyst that reacts and is released or a binding agent that gets used up per tank and if you run half a tank you now must add more to treat that new half of a tank?

GEN XER
August 13th, 2010, 01:08
So, was it ever determined if Aces IV is a catalyst that reacts and is released or a binding agent that gets used up per tank and if you run half a tank you now must add more to treat that new half of a tank?
You have to add ACES IV each time you add fuel. If you burn half a tank you add enough ACES to cover the new fuel.

papadoc
November 20th, 2010, 05:23
Bumping this thread after running with ACES IV for the past couple of months. Thank you, DHall and GEN XER (Willie), for your posts recommending it, as well as others who have gotten on board. As you all said, Brian was very helpful when I first called- dropped a few of your names- and on faith I ordered a couple of gallons of the stuff. I have the APR tune, and had been adding 100 octane to get over 93 octane out here in California. Now having run with this for a while, I am another convert. I have run the 100 octane setting without a hitch, but have settled in with the 93 octane setting. Butt dyno only, but I can say there is not any fall off from blending with 100 octane racing gas. I was very skeptical about the increased mileage, but two days ago I made the drive from Monterey to Palo Alto (which I do every two weeks), averaged 69 mph, and had 23.7 mpg, running the APR 93 setting. I had never gone beyond 22.5 mpg for the same trip. But mileage aside, I am only a few hundred miles short of 100K, and the car is running stronger than ever. I'll be getting the oil and tranny fluid for my next visit to Streetwerke for service. Hard to believe that after almost 7 years of owning the beast, thanks to the forum I'm still finding ways to increase my enjoyment of it.

DHall1
November 20th, 2010, 15:20
Thanks for that writeup. We have the same gas over here in AZ and its almost criminal how well my RS6 runs. Even with the full blown Eurocharge 93+ tune the RS6 is smooth as silk on power delivery and just rockets at a moments notice. Gas mileage, carbon deposit removal, octane and power, lubricity. I can understand how some can scratch their heads and say "no way" but honestly the proof is in the pudding. I run the Aces in the RS6, E55, supercharged LX470 and my old Toyota turbos. Not to mention diesel Aces in the motorhome. I plan to keep all my cars for a very long time.

Guys, when Pat reported that his blowby vanished after using Aces for just over 5k miles. That was it for me. I personally saw the oil run out of his intercooler pipe and said...oh,no. But the next oil change revealed no oil. The carbon deposits were cleaned up and rings started to seal once again. I dont know what else to tell you all.

Bumping this thread after running with ACES IV for the past couple of months. Thank you, DHall and GEN XER (Willie), for your posts recommending it, as well as others who have gotten on board. As you all said, Brian was very helpful when I first called- dropped a few of your names- and on faith I ordered a couple of gallons of the stuff. I have the APR tune, and had been adding 100 octane to get over 93 octane out here in California. Now having run with this for a while, I am another convert. I have run the 100 octane setting without a hitch, but have settled in with the 93 octane setting. Butt dyno only, but I can say there is not any fall off from blending with 100 octane racing gas. I was very skeptical about the increased mileage, but two days ago I made the drive from Monterey to Palo Alto (which I do every two weeks), averaged 69 mph, and had 23.7 mpg, running the APR 93 setting. I had never gone beyond 22.5 mpg for the same trip. But mileage aside, I am only a few hundred miles short of 100K, and the car is running stronger than ever. I'll be getting the oil and tranny fluid for my next visit to Streetwerke for service. Hard to believe that after almost 7 years of owning the beast, thanks to the forum I'm still finding ways to increase my enjoyment of it.

speedtrapped
November 20th, 2010, 18:10
Hmmm, sounds like I need to pick some up

DHall1
November 20th, 2010, 19:07
Yes, and before you setup for the next dyno run...call me. We can prep your car for kill mode and blow the rollers off that dyno. ;-)

Hmmm, sounds like I need to pick some up

speedtrapped
November 20th, 2010, 19:18
Will do, 200 miles left to go I-81, I-77 would of been awesome in the beast, just beautiful to drive

AudiRS4ever
November 20th, 2010, 22:28
Well, that was the first thing I put into my new car. I am happy to report it has gone up from 1.5 mpg to 1.95 mpg. I'm really thinking if I just put it in neutral going down hill I can achieve the vaunted 2.0 mpg. :applause:
All jokes aside though, first fill-up on the car I put Aces in. I believe in it and am happy with the results from RS6 and 335 so I'm hoping it will work just as good in this car.

Thanks for that writeup. We have the same gas over here in AZ and its almost criminal how well my RS6 runs. Even with the full blown Eurocharge 93+ tune the RS6 is smooth as silk on power delivery and just rockets at a moments notice. Gas mileage, carbon deposit removal, octane and power, lubricity. I can understand how some can scratch their heads and say "no way" but honestly the proof is in the pudding. I run the Aces in the RS6, E55, supercharged LX470 and my old Toyota turbos. Not to mention diesel Aces in the motorhome. I plan to keep all my cars for a very long time.

Guys, when Pat reported that his blowby vanished after using Aces for just over 5k miles. That was it for me. I personally saw the oil run out of his intercooler pipe and said...oh,no. But the next oil change revealed no oil. The carbon deposits were cleaned up and rings started to seal once again. I dont know what else to tell you all.

papadoc
August 3rd, 2011, 16:36
Attached is the analysis from Blackstone; put in this thread as a bump as there is a post earlier of Quantum Blue oil analysis prior to use, although not the identical oil to that we get for the RS6. Several things to note. Most important, very little iron, suggesting that with ACES IV and 8000 miles on first use of QB oil and filter, there has been minimal wear. Second, the phosphorus content is over 3x that in new oil now available from other producers, along with slightly high zinc. Don't know if this means ZDDP is added to the oil, but this does suggest increased lubricity. The EPA has dropped the phosphorus content in most oils to protect catalytic converters, but at the expense of less protection of the engine. My understanding is that if the oil is not vaporized to any extent, the likelihood of increased phosphorus affecting the cats is minimal. Lack of oil burn suggests that this combo of ACES IV plus Quantum Blue is working as advertised. Now at 109k on my car, and all good. When I return from a trip, hoping to do a dyno run to validate claims of ACES with my APR chip.
Not sure snake oil or toluene would show the same as this...

speedtrapped
August 3rd, 2011, 18:28
very nice!!, mr. hall has caught some heat for standing up for BND....I use both on my RS6...I actually sent a virgin sample to blackstone, the analysis resulted same..3x phosphorus, etc...

lswing
September 1st, 2011, 21:25
Aces IV ordered, talked with Brian, he said I'm not allowed to use factory trans fluid:), QB on the next change. Will report the Aces IV next week, already running lean so I'm interested to see what happens...

RSSIK
September 1st, 2011, 22:31
I spoke to Brian yesterday. He seems like a great guy and very smart from what I can see. I respect him because he is very down to earth and loves his work. You can tell hes not out of a book and he ACTUALLY knows what hes talking about.

DHall1
September 2nd, 2011, 03:56
Some like it hot. Some dont.

I could have just kept my Kia Rio.

very nice!!, mr. hall has caught some heat for standing up for BND....I use both on my RS6...I actually sent a virgin sample to blackstone, the analysis resulted same..3x phosphorus, etc...

lswing
September 2nd, 2011, 05:56
Some like it hot. Some dont.

I could have just kept my Kia Rio.

Does that really apply to this car?...my wrx was hot, hell my bicycle is hot compared to a Rio...it would be good to see more lab testing to see the real results. Plan on putting the butt dyno to work next week in the meantime...

DHall1
September 2nd, 2011, 06:05
lswing,

I was letting my sarcasm get the best of me. I have never owned or will ever own a Kia. Its one of my standing jokes to make a remark about a Kia Rio. ;-) I have just a few out of control hobbies in my life. Cars are just one of them...I'm fine with Aces and BND oils. Some like to look for every ounce of scientific data and I say its not worth the time and effort. What I personally see is good and good enough for me. I would rather chase birdies and rack up the skins on the course.

Does that really apply to this car?...my wrx was hot, hell my bicycle is hot compared to a Rio...it would be good to see more lab testing to see the real results. Plan on putting the butt dyno to work next week in the meantime...

papadoc
September 2nd, 2011, 06:44
Hey Dave, don't give up on that Kia so easily... http://www.superchargertuning.com/Kia/Rio/ ;-)

DHall1
September 2nd, 2011, 06:57
De Kia Rio! De Kia Rio!

Boss, they are making superchargers for our Kia's!! Ring the bells

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX-pVhTZg0U

sheatisdale
September 2nd, 2011, 19:59
Back to BND...not that I don't like the Kia...

My Power Steering was making some noise after getting hot and turning it more than about half way. A swap with standard fluid did nothing to help the situation. I bought the BND with the catalyst supplied seperately and did a full exchange, then added the catalyst. 5000 miles and not a peep of noise.

Brian is an awesome resource.

JSRS6
September 2nd, 2011, 21:43
Hey Dave, don't give up on that Kia so easily... http://www.superchargertuning.com/Kia/Rio/ ;-)

Painful to read...iq points dripping out of ears...

The Rio is supercharging subcompact car produced by the South Korean automaker the Kia Motors. The supercharger was introduced in the year 2000 August for the 2001 model year. The first Rio was a five door hatchback or a four door sedan. The superchargers hatchback versions were sold as Rio RX-V in Canada, Rio Look in Chile and simply Rio in the United Kingdom. The 2003 to 2005 Rio had a bolt on supercharger engine that blasted 105 horsepower an equivalent of 78 kilo watt the car offered a wide range of manual and automatic five speed and four speeds respectively. An electric supercharger makes the engine produce more instant energy that is vital incase the battery is down due to weather. Get a Super Charger kit today and make sure your car no longer remains behind when people are moving ahead with changes. Improve your torque by purchasing easy to install and maintain after market gargets.

ben916
September 2nd, 2011, 23:58
Painful to read...iq points dripping out of ears...

The Rio is supercharging subcompact car produced by the South Korean automaker the Kia Motors. The supercharger was introduced in the year 2000 August for the 2001 model year. The first Rio was a five door hatchback or a four door sedan. The superchargers hatchback versions were sold as Rio RX-V in Canada, Rio Look in Chile and simply Rio in the United Kingdom. The 2003 to 2005 Rio had a bolt on supercharger engine that blasted 105 horsepower an equivalent of 78 kilo watt the car offered a wide range of manual and automatic five speed and four speeds respectively. An electric supercharger makes the engine produce more instant energy that is vital incase the battery is down due to weather. Get a Super Charger kit today and make sure your car no longer remains behind when people are moving ahead with changes. Improve your torque by purchasing easy to install and maintain after market gargets.

Laughing my A$$ off!!!!

MaxRS6
September 3rd, 2011, 00:12
^- +1 and some...

s42ski
September 5th, 2011, 15:35
Buy Audi RS6 Electric Supercharger Bolt-On Kit
Notorious referred to as RS6 by great Audi enthusiasts, this middle size car meets all the wishes and demands of executive guys in one way. As a product of reputed AG Company, it’s a highly rated car in terms of performance. With the latest wizardry of Audi RS6 supercharger, your car will show the world what it’s capable of. The prices of this RS4 bolt on superchargers are fair and competitive making easy to acquire. Whenever you pedal deeper, more oxygen is gained improving on the internal combustion unlike with the traditional aspirated engines. More horsepower as well as torque is realized which increases the car speed and performance. An RS6 electric supercharger works well on your car engine since its custom made to fit precisely on your car engine. It does not resist supercharging like other unrated superchargers. If you are dying to give your car the energy it requires and the starling performance, then the 110% guarantee RS6 supercharger is right near you.

Do I need one or two???:lovl:

JSRS6
September 5th, 2011, 16:23
Simply amazing.

lswing
September 12th, 2011, 21:34
Aces 4 in for a full tank, might smooth things out a bit, tough to tell. The car is damn fast already, so if you think it's faster it probably is. Might be touch, a touch, not sure if it's worth always always adding fluid, but time will tell. The engine is still "bumping" at full boost, but does seem to do it a bit less, again tough to monitor without logging. After many tries to log, the RT and cable cannot hold a connect. Might be a bad ground or solder on the revo chip, dunno, but a pain for sure...

DHall1
May 1st, 2014, 23:20
Another report from a BND/Aces user.

Looks just like mine

Papadoc.....

http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11610&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1312385059 (http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11610&d=1312385059)

Mine....

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s532/03RSTT/scan_zpsa8053714.jpg

Attached is the analysis from Blackstone; put in this thread as a bump as there is a post earlier of Quantum Blue oil analysis prior to use, although not the identical oil to that we get for the RS6. Several things to note. Most important, very little iron, suggesting that with ACES IV and 8000 miles on first use of QB oil and filter, there has been minimal wear. Second, the phosphorus content is over 3x that in new oil now available from other producers, along with slightly high zinc. Don't know if this means ZDDP is added to the oil, but this does suggest increased lubricity. The EPA has dropped the phosphorus content in most oils to protect catalytic converters, but at the expense of less protection of the engine. My understanding is that if the oil is not vaporized to any extent, the likelihood of increased phosphorus affecting the cats is minimal. Lack of oil burn suggests that this combo of ACES IV plus Quantum Blue is working as advertised. Now at 109k on my car, and all good. When I return from a trip, hoping to do a dyno run to validate claims of ACES with my APR chip.
Not sure snake oil or toluene would show the same as this...

Avus-RS6
May 2nd, 2014, 17:16
Pretty impressive. I should do an analysis on my car, haven't done one in years. So you really like the AcesIV stuff?

lswing
May 2nd, 2014, 20:33
Pretty impressive. I should do an analysis on my car, haven't done one in years. So you really like the AcesIV stuff?

Aces IV helps if you have bad gas. We have it pretty good up here, 92 with 10% ethanol. I noticed it helped a bit before I put the water/meth kit on. After that I had plenty of octane and with the decent fuel there wasn't much change on logs after adding Aces IV. Granted it was around 70 degrees not 90 when I was last testing...I'll still throw some in for a few summer months for kicks.

DHall1
May 2nd, 2014, 22:37
Octane and reducing the potential effects of ethanol are only part of the reason I use Aces

Aces IV helps if you have bad gas. We have it pretty good up here, 92 with 10% ethanol. I noticed it helped a bit before I put the water/meth kit on. After that I had plenty of octane and with the decent fuel there wasn't much change on logs after adding Aces IV. Granted it was around 70 degrees not 90 when I was last testing...I'll still throw some in for a few summer months for kicks.

DHall1
May 2nd, 2014, 23:53
Lub

Lube

Lubric

Lubricity

IMHO part of the reason why two Aces users thousands of miles apart on oil samples showed excellent low metals in lab tests. Sure the BND zzp add package helps from an oil perspective but the rings are sealing better with aces and we have the low metal content to show for that.

I could be off my rocker again.....but other RS users have much higher metals in the same test. They dont run aces.

lswing
May 3rd, 2014, 03:21
Octane and reducing the potential effects of ethanol are only part of the reason I use Aces

They're paying you millions, I know it, how else could you support your RS habit!

Just kidding, I've read a bit about the additional properties you've mentioned, good points. The stuff seems a benefit for a small cost.

Ok, now stay on your rocker....kinda wish I had a rocker, and front porch, and Mint Julep, and...