PDA

View Full Version : Cayenne Turbo v BMW X6 M v Infiniti FX v Range Rover Sport drag race (by Autocar)

hooter76
January 6th, 2010, 16:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ataU87N5nI0

Ruergard
January 6th, 2010, 16:47
The X6M is fast, but as shown in last Top Gear it isn't that good. :D

RXBG
January 6th, 2010, 17:04
have you ever driven a car that size that fast? mighty scary. they should never go more than 100!!!

anyway- i'd rather be in the rover during a snowstorm or a hurrican....but maybe i am biased.

Rutkowsky
January 6th, 2010, 17:16
The X6 M is doing 8.30 minutes Nordschleife, full distance.

Mighty impressive. No other 4x4 comes close in handling.

Ruergard
January 7th, 2010, 17:44
The X6 M is doing 8.30 minutes Nordschleife, full distance.

Mighty impressive. No other 4x4 comes close in handling.

No, but then it can't go off-road..... ;)

AndyBG
January 7th, 2010, 19:09
I'm very keen to see next gen' Cayenne performing on the 'Ring...

BTW, X6 is kinda class of its own... X5 M is what they schould pitting against these cars...

RXBG
January 7th, 2010, 19:53
I'm very keen to see next gen' Cayenne performing on the 'Ring...

BTW, X6 is kinda class of its own... X5 M is what they schould pitting against these cars...

CAR found them to be basically the same, with the X5M being possibly a tad quicker. the X6 is basically a reskinned X5.

i don't think there will be a second gen of any of these M versions, with the cayenne gen 2 barely escaping the axe. VW has already announced there won't be a third. any such cars will from now on actually be made to go off road or, if not, simply be regular versions that will appeal to families who don't want minivans- else there won't be a justification for their existing.

ps- the next gen range rover and range rover sport will weigh over 1000 lbs less!

Erik
January 7th, 2010, 21:50
Soon the BMW M5 will have AWD too...

eurotunedrs6
January 8th, 2010, 06:37
I wonder how a jeep grand cherokee srt8 would do. obviously a lot less power than the bmw, porsche, and land rover, but it is still an impressive SUV. I drove a cherokee srt8 and I was impressed for it being an SUV. It handled well, and was very quick. I didnt have anything to compare it too though. The BMW is fast, but I cant get past the looks at all.