PDA

View Full Version : Winter wheels and tyres for 2004 RS6 Plus

Wehrner
January 6th, 2010, 13:58
I’m looking in a set of winter wheels and tyres and thought that the Allroad would be a natural candidate.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
The Allroad wheels should fit from a bolt pattern and offset point of view, but would a 17” Allroad rim fit over the brake disk assembly <O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
Thanks,<O:p</O:p
Wehrner<O:p</O:p

uncfrk
January 6th, 2010, 15:15
The offset is a lot different. RS6 at 35mm & the allroad at 20mm. in the U.S. The outer edge of the wheel will be out about the same because of difference in wheel widths. If you don't get any answers here, I'll try them this weekend since I have both cars sitting in the garage. I am skeptical that the allroad wheels will clear the front brakes.

Jimmy
January 7th, 2010, 16:13
allroad offsets on the 17" rims are 25mm, my 9 spoke RS6 18" wheels have an offset of 30mm stamped in it. About 1/4" difference in et.

I too thought of putting my RS6 9 spokes on my allroad for the winter (as there's a picture of an allroad with these rims on the 2004 allroad owners manual cover) Not sure if the allroad rim would fit the Rs6 in vice versa tho...:vhmmm:. Gotta try it.

DHall1
January 7th, 2010, 17:04
Typically,

The "RS6 9 spokes" you see on Allroads are actually the RS4 9 spokes. Due to the offset.

Its easy to figure up if you have the rim width of the AR wheels. Post the rim width of the AR rims. Then we can figure up the total backspace and dish between the two. Just the 20 or 30mm stamp does not tell the whole story.

allroad offsets on the 17" rims are 25mm, my 9 spoke RS6 18" wheels have an offset of 30mm stamped in it. About 1/4" difference in et.

I too thought of putting my RS6 9 spokes on my allroad for the winter (as there's a picture of an allroad with these rims on the 2004 allroad owners manual cover) Not sure if the allroad rim would fit the Rs6 in vice versa tho...:vhmmm:. Gotta try it.

Jimmy
January 7th, 2010, 18:49
Gotcha :) thanx...although I've personally never seen the 9 spokes on any actual USA spec'd cars (other than the picture on the owners manual I spoke of, which is obviously not a USA car). I have seen about 30-40 used C5 allroads that have been sold thru the shop, none of them ever had 18" 9 spokes rims....though it seems to be popular (and a great look) on the old S4s.

Do you know the offset and width of the RS4 rims?

Here's what I have:

17x7.5" et 25 OE 5 spoke allroad rim
18x8.5" et 30 OE 9 spoke RS6 rim

Jimmy
January 9th, 2010, 19:04
OK...I tries the allroad rim on the RS6 (US car) and it didn't fit over the front brakes...but the RS6 rim fits the allroad very nicely. I sure would like to have the RS6 brakes set-up on the allroad now.

My allroad rim is part # 4Z7 601 025C btw. Stay away from it. :)

So maybe there's an 18" rim from the new body car that will fit. www.vagcat.com/epc/ (http://www.vagcat.com/epc/)