PDA

View Full Version : Audi part numbers for timing belt and pulleys. DIY C5 RS6

DHall1
January 6th, 2010, 03:53
As the title states. Does anyone have a recent invoice from Audi that shows the part numbers for the misc timing belt components.

Belt
Idler pulleys
Tensioner
Crank bolts
Thermostat

Pat....I dont plan to replace my waterpump. 35k maint does not include this component. I will do all the rollers and tensioners.

MaxRS6
January 6th, 2010, 04:05
As the title states. Does anyone have a recent invoice from Audi that shows the part numbers for the misc timing belt components.

Belt
Idler pulleys
Tensioner
Crank bolts
Thermostat

Tooth Belt: 078109119J
BeltDampe: 077109479D
Roller: 077109244E
Roller: 077109244C
Lever: 077109485F
Water Pump: 077121004PX
Cool.Add: G012A8FA4
Ribbedbel: 077903137Q
Thermostat: 077121113D
Seal: N 90136802

They also did the spark plugs & fuel filter

I'd be happy to email you a copy of the invoice with the parts if you would like it. Just let me know.

DHall1
January 6th, 2010, 04:10
Max to the rescue!

Yep, need the plugs and ff as well.

Email to dhall.1 @ hotmail.com

Thanks

Tooth Belt: 078109119J
BeltDampe: 077109479D
Roller: 077109244E
Roller: 077109244C
Lever: 077109485F
Water Pump: 077121004PX
Cool.Add: G012A8FA4
Ribbedbel: 077903137Q
Thermostat: 077121113D
Seal: N 90136802

They also did the spark plugs & fuel filter

I'd be happy to email you a copy of the invoice with the parts if you would like it. Just let me know.

MaxRS6
January 6th, 2010, 04:15
It is scanning and will be headed your way in a few.

V8weight
January 6th, 2010, 04:21
Wow, +1 for Max, it doesn't get any easier than that.

MaxRS6
January 6th, 2010, 04:26
Wow, +1 for Max, it doesn't get any easier than that.

tally added to the signature..lol

V8weight
January 6th, 2010, 04:27
:hihi: Yep, you better watch your back or I'll take this one too.

MaxRS6
January 6th, 2010, 04:38
Email to dhall.1 @ hotmail.com

Thanks

If it gets lost in the Bell system, let me know and I'll tie it to a pigeon for delivery.

JRS-RS6
January 6th, 2010, 06:41

Belt
Idler pulleys
Tensioner
Crank bolts
Thermostat

Pat....I dont plan to replace my waterpump. 35k maint does not include this component. I will do all the rollers and tensioners.

Hi Dave and Pat,

On my car the dealer says I need the water pump done now -- it is making noise. Too bad it was not done with the timing belt 3,000 miles ago. My 2 cents. I also intend to have them do the thermostat at the same time. I wish I could join you guys for the big party the end of the month. Looking forward to plenty of pics.

DHall1
January 6th, 2010, 06:48
How many miles on your car?

The Fidelity policy covers the waterpump and thermostat. I dont feel like paying for items that the Fidelity plan covers but I will put a thermostat in.

My hope is the water pump fails at 72,000 miles. Fidelity can pay for the 75k timing belt. haha

Hi Dave and Pat,

On my car the dealer says I need the water pump done now -- it is making noise. Too bad it was not done with the timing belt 3,000 miles ago. My 2 cents. I also intend to have them do the thermostat at the same time. I wish I could join you guys for the big party the end of the month. Looking forward to plenty of pics.

DHall1
January 6th, 2010, 06:57
Lets see if this works.

Here is a link to discount AudiVW parts with the part numbers priced out.

http://www.genuinevwaudiparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getMultiSearchItems&siteid=214407&items=10

Sorry, wont work. But the site is where you buy discount Audi parts. You need part numbers because the RS6 is not in the database. Happy hunting.

As an example, RS6 front rotors are 280ea.

JRS-RS6
January 6th, 2010, 14:45
How many miles on your car?

The Fidelity policy covers the waterpump and thermostat. I dont feel like paying for items that the Fidelity plan covers but I will put a thermostat in.

My hope is the water pump fails at 72,000 miles. Fidelity can pay for the 75k timing belt. haha

Hi Dave,

I bought it with 35,400 and now it is like 36,600 or so. Now that I think about it, it was done more like 4K ago at this point.

I understand your logic and it makes sense to me. :deal:

However, if it fails in 3 or 4 k you might wish you had done it because it would make no sense to do the timing belt at that point. :doh:

I think the extreme cold weather could be part of why mine needs to be done now -- Minnesota Car from first sale. I do keep it in the garage.

Oh by the way I saw in a seperate thread you had a copy of Audi's recommended services through 100K. Would you be so kind as to forward me a copy -- please.

Happy wrenching! :mech:

DHall1
January 25th, 2010, 08:04
Bump

As an addition to this thread.

IMHO. DO NOT order the ECS timing belt kit for the RS6. Long story call Pat/V8weight about it.

Order the Audi parts. End of story.

The job is easy if you take time and keep everything organized.

Replace both rollers each and every 35k miles. One of mine was starting to get a dry bearing.

My water pump was perfect at 32k. I will change it at 75k.

Both idler pulleys were perfect on my car at 32k. I will still change them.

mmaturo
January 25th, 2010, 17:12
Bump

As an addition to this thread.

IMHO. DO NOT order the ECS timing belt kit for the RS6. Long story call Pat/V8weight about it.

Order the Audi parts. End of story.

The job is easy if you take time and keep everything organized.

Replace both rollers each and every 35k miles. One of mine was starting to get a dry bearing.

My water pump was perfect at 32k. I will change it at 75k.

Both idler pulleys were perfect on my car at 32k. I will still change them.

Just to confirm, the part numbers at the top of the post were exactly what you ordered? Obviously on the genunineaudiparts site the descriptions are all over the place for what model etc they are from/for.

DHall1
January 25th, 2010, 17:25
yes

and get the waterpump.

mmaturo
January 25th, 2010, 21:35
yes

and get the waterpump.

Well I have had fun today playing lets make a deal with my preferred service dealer...they are willing to match the part prices of your website (just saved $600 in one try, and also had them back down on labor 10%...so it is really working to drop the gap to just a few hundred with the independent shop.

...follow up question...they are telling me i need 2 rollers of item 077109244C...what do you think about that? Also they are saying to possibly skip the water-pump if it is ok as they have seen problems with the bolt sticking and that being difficult to deal with. They mentioned this to me before too. I have no idea if my water pump was replaced at 35K but i am at 85K now...if it was replaced at 35K thoughts on letting it be...it does save $200 now...please note i do not have any warranty left.

V8weight
January 26th, 2010, 07:13
Well I have had fun today playing lets make a deal with my preferred service dealer...they are willing to match the part prices of your website (just saved $600 in one try, and also had them back down on labor 10%...so it is really working to drop the gap to just a few hundred with the independent shop.

...follow up question...they are telling me i need 2 rollers of item 077109244C...what do you think about that? Also they are saying to possibly skip the water-pump if it is ok as they have seen problems with the bolt sticking and that being difficult to deal with. They mentioned this to me before too. I have no idea if my water pump was replaced at 35K but i am at 85K now...if it was replaced at 35K thoughts on letting it be...it does save $200 now...please note i do not have any warranty left.
The water pump is not replaced during the 35k mile service. In fact the only timing components replaced at 35k are the belt, the bank one roller, and the tensioner lever. No concentric roller, no bank 2 roller, no hydraulic tensioner, not even the accessory drive belt.
Kyle's water pump at 75k.....bad bearings
My water pump at 75k.........bad bearings
Dave's water pump at 30k....still fine.
I'll agree, the water pump bolts on these cars seize when you attempt to remove them. It is very important to let the car sit overnight before trying to remove the water pump bolts to allow the aluminum block to shrink. If you try to remove them on a warm engine, thermal expansion of the block combined with steel bolts spells trouble. Make sure they have a pump in stock at the very least, because I'm reasonably sure it will require replacement.

DHall1
January 26th, 2010, 07:26
Mark,

^^ Everything Pat said plus...

Nice work. Get it done at the dealer. They are making a good effort to make you happy.

How about that for cutting prices. Amazing the markup they have on this stuff.

You WILL need a new waterpump. Make sure the car sits overnight before repairs start.

Yes, 2 rollers.

mmaturo
January 26th, 2010, 16:26
Mark,

^^ Everything Pat said plus...

Nice work. Get it done at the dealer. They are making a good effort to make you happy.

How about that for cutting prices. Amazing the markup they have on this stuff.

You WILL need a new waterpump. Make sure the car sits overnight before repairs start.

Yes, 2 rollers.

Thanks gentleman, excellent information, I love the internet. Waterpump it is. On the rollers to clarify it to death there is a 077109244E and 077109244C that are both rollers then the dealer is saying a second 077109244C so three total...

It is amazing what they will do these days when you ask. Before Christmas I got an oil change for $120 on this thing. That made me happy.

V8weight
January 26th, 2010, 16:32
Thanks gentleman, excellent information, I love the internet. Waterpump it is. On the rollers to clarify it to death there is a 077109244E and 077109244C that are both rollers then the dealer is saying a second 077109244C so three total...

It is amazing what they will do these days when you ask. Before Christmas I got an oil change for $120 on this thing. That made me happy.
Correct, you will need two 077109244C's.....And just an fyi, Audi only replaces the one on bank 1 during the 35k service, so the one on bank 2 is getting a little long in the tooth.

mmaturo
January 26th, 2010, 16:39
Correct, you will need two 077109244C's.....And just an fyi, Audi only replaces the one on bank 1 during the 35k service, so the one on bank 2 is getting a little long in the tooth.

Thank you for the response. I am noticing my morning startup is a little loose at the first instant then it gets to normal quick so I can tell it is time.

DHall1
January 26th, 2010, 17:27
Mark,

That is the situation today. Everyone needs to take hair cuts. On down the line.

Except for my plumber that just screwed me at 147/hr to install a backflow valve between my private well and the city water line. I can run any or all my property on city/well/1/2 city/1/2well ect. City didnt like that. Anyways the same plumber I have used for years and never asked for detailed quotes just screwed us for 1500 dollars. Never again for that guy. I hope he has others to screw because we are done with him. And everyone at the hospital I tell.

Good luck with your service. Get er done

DHall1
March 3rd, 2010, 04:03
Arrrr

Got some requests for this thread. Here is a pic to keep ya busy

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad348/03RSTT/RS6pics/Thermostatdiy.jpg?t=1267587931

Kenny
January 25th, 2011, 23:39
whats the cost on all that? and to have it done ?

DHall1
January 25th, 2011, 23:42
700 DIY
1800 Good indy
3500+ Dealer

Kenny
January 25th, 2011, 23:44
ok thank you i will shop around but i wanted to see what others are paying and around what i should pay gives me a good idea to bad i couldn't do it my self lol

Brav
January 25th, 2011, 23:57
Where are you located? Might want to update your info.

Kenny
January 26th, 2011, 00:02
I am in omaha nebraska ....

terrytcl
January 26th, 2011, 03:24
just finished up mine.

just waiting for some stern motor mounts as mine were blown.

it's not bad, but you'll need patience and a manual.

mark.cosway
March 8th, 2011, 00:10
Seeing the threads on the parts list for a 75K service on my RS6. Looks like timing belt (and associated parts), thermostat, water pump etc. What should the total parts cost range be? And labor if done at an Audi dealer?

Thanks for any suggestions or tips!!

Mark

JSRS6
March 8th, 2011, 00:18
Seeing the threads on the parts list for a 75K service on my RS6. Looks like timing belt (and associated parts), thermostat, water pump etc. What should the total parts cost range be? And labor if done at an Audi dealer?

Thanks for any suggestions or tips!!

Mark

450 for parts if you buy them. ~800 just for the parts if you have the dealer do it. Add 1500-2k for labor. DIY is a no brainer, if you can do it.

mark.cosway
March 8th, 2011, 00:25
Thanks for the quick reply. Recommendation as to best source of appropriate parts if I were to buy them myself???

Mark

marklar182
March 8th, 2011, 00:36
For OEM; genuinevwaudiparts.com <----- I recommend using Audi branded OEM

For OE Supplier; ecstuning.com

JSRS6
March 8th, 2011, 00:43
^^^agreed.

You can also find kits on eBay. I got mine shipped for 460. All OE.

Kenny
March 8th, 2011, 01:03
Does anyone have pictures of how to do this ?

DHall1
March 9th, 2011, 06:19
Nope

Just general pics during the job.

Does anyone have pictures of how to do this ?

kevin
March 9th, 2011, 11:09
isn't there a couple special tools required? like a cam locking bar and something to pin the crank?

V8weight
March 9th, 2011, 13:29
isn't there a couple special tools required? like a cam locking bar and something to pin the crank?
Yep, you will need T40005 (Cam lock bar), 3242 (Crank pin), T40011 (Locking pin for tensioner dampener), and T40001 (Two arm puller). You don't necessarily need the VW two arm puller, I've used a Chrysler dampener puller. These can all be bought reasonably through Baum tools, or I can borrow them out for the cost of shipping, and maybe a small deposit.

kevin
March 9th, 2011, 13:56
Yep, you will need T40005 (Cam lock bar), 3242 (Crank pin), T40011 (Locking pin for tensioner dampener), and T40001 (Two arm puller). You don't necessarily need the VW two arm puller, I've used a Chrysler dampener puller. These can all be bought reasonably through Baum tools, or I can borrow them out for the cost of shipping, and maybe a small deposit.
I have a drawer full of VAG special tools, just thought it would be good for the DIY'rs here to know this. :)

V8weight
March 9th, 2011, 13:58
I have a drawer full of VAG special tools, just thought it would be good for the DIY'rs here to know this. :)
Oh, I forgot.....You service BOTH of the Audi's in Waterloo.....;)

kevin
March 9th, 2011, 14:26
Oh, I forgot.....You service BOTH of the Audi's in Waterloo.....;)

actually, there are 6 here now counting the 4 in Cedar Falls.

V8weight
March 9th, 2011, 14:48
My girlfriend was actually born in Waterloo, and all of her extended family is down in Cedar Rapids, so I make regular trips to the area. We'll have to grab a beer next time I'm coming through, Waterloo is about the "Close enough for a beer" point. :)

kevin
March 9th, 2011, 15:07
My girlfriend was actually born in Waterloo, and all of her extended family is down in Cedar Rapids, so I make regular trips to the area. We'll have to grab a beer next time I'm coming through, Waterloo is about the "Close enough for a beer" point. :)

Sounds good! I'll take you up on that sir.

skyegtb
March 9th, 2011, 15:30

Hi Pat, is this ALL the special tools required for the job? I am looking to order all I need in advance of hopefully purchasing the timing kit from you.
Thanks, Angus