PDA

View Full Version : DSG for TTRS

tailpipe
January 5th, 2010, 20:38
Anyone know any new info on this?

New Golf R is so expensive that TTRS is beginning to look cheap. But you gotta have it with DSG.

artur777
January 5th, 2010, 21:18
how much is new Golf R and TT RS in UK?

The Pretender
January 5th, 2010, 21:51
Anyone know any new info on this?

New Golf R is so expensive that TTRS is beginning to look cheap. But you gotta have it with DSG.
Apparently it will get DSG after facelift, introduction June this year.

tailpipe
January 6th, 2010, 11:45
how much is new Golf R and TT RS in UK?

The TTRS is around £44K-46K. The Golf R is around £36K-38K. That said, Audi Uk is offering quite generous discounts on some models. I reckon you might get a TTRS for £42K, which puts it very close to the Golf.

That said, I'd love a Golf with the 5-cylinder engine and DSG.

Thanks for that Pretender. Most helpful as always.

Qisha
January 6th, 2010, 13:58
Dear Friends,

the DQ500 7-speed transmission for transverse use is ready. (already used within the VW T5 facelift)

It is good for up to 600NM.

You can assume a use within the Audi product portfolio.

Qisha

RXBG
January 6th, 2010, 15:18
Qisha- no DSG for the R8 till 2014 MY right (next gen)?

tailpipe
January 6th, 2010, 15:37
Dear Friends,

the DQ500 7-speed transmission for transverse use is ready. (already used within the VW T5 facelift)

It is good for up to 600NM.

You can assume a use within the Audi product portfolio.

Qisha

Thanks qisha.

600NM? :hihi:

What is the VW T5 facelift?

andreadebi
January 6th, 2010, 16:52
Thanks qisha.

600NM? :hihi:

the Trasporter ;)

tailpipe
January 6th, 2010, 16:56
the Trasporter ;)

:lovl::lovl::lovl:

I thought it was, but couldn't believe it! perhaps I should get a T5 instead of a TT-RS!

I think this gearbox will transform the TT-RS as well as the Golf R. I hope it is used soon in both models.

RXBG
January 6th, 2010, 16:57
the transporter? i dont get it.

The RS6
January 6th, 2010, 17:18
the transporter? i dont get it.

This is the T5:

http://image.carshowroom.autotrader.com.au/jato/photo400/AUS/VOLKSWAGEN/TRANSPORTER/2009/4CC.JPG

tailpipe
January 6th, 2010, 17:40
It needs extra torque for load-carrying rather than sportscar-type performance. ideal candidate for stronger DSG.

Qisha
January 6th, 2010, 17:47
Dear RXBG,

the VW Multivan (T5) facelift uses the all new 2.0 TTDI (Bi-Turbo) engine, 180PS, 400NM combined with the 7-speed DSG. Before the top Diesel Engine was the 5-cyl 2.5 TDI.

Qisha

RXBG
January 6th, 2010, 17:49
Dear RXBG,

the VW Multivan (T5) facelift uses the all new 2.0 TTDI (Bi-Turbo) engine, 180PS, 400NM combined with the 7-speed DSG. Before the top Diesel Engine was the 5-cyl 2.5 TDI.

Qisha

yes but.....

:hihi:

Qisha
January 6th, 2010, 17:54
yes but.....

:hihi:

Well- the pressure is high... and the R8 has not seen a product upgrade yet... :mech:

But from the technical point of view, very challenging to put a double clutch transmission to the layout...

RXBG
January 6th, 2010, 18:28
threadjack:

product upgrade = new RS5 engine. MY 2011.

my personal prediction.

tailpipe
January 6th, 2010, 20:35
Qisha,

To what extent have Audi and Quattro Gmbh's engine plans changed as a result of the Recession?

The 3.0-litre TFSI in the S4 and A6 is very thirsty. Will it be upgraded and further developed? What about the much anticipated 4.0-litre V8 TFSI. Will it debut in the A7 Sportback? And what future for the 2.5-litre 5-cylinder TFSI?

The Pretender
January 6th, 2010, 21:23
I would like to see the Next Gen R8 to get a ± 400 hp 2.5TFSI as a base engine and a ± 550+ hp 4.0TFSI for the top model.

KK265
January 6th, 2010, 23:47
Dear RXBG,

Qisha
So I am expecting new Sharan 2.0 TTDI bluemotion with 7-speed DSG!Current Sharan is too old model now...

The Pretender
January 6th, 2010, 23:54
That are FWD's

PeterJohn
January 7th, 2010, 18:44
Well- the pressure is high... and the R8 has not seen a product upgrade yet... :mech:

But from the technical point of view, very challenging to put a double clutch transmission to the layout...

On the other hand, the Gallardo with which the R8 shares a drivetrain is up for replacement soon, and that will certainly need a DSG to compete with the new generation of supercars.

I read that the Merc SLS has the same transaxle gearbox as the Italia. So a high performance gearbox for the transaxle layout is available for different manufacturers. I also seem to remember that the Audi/Lambo E-gear was from the same source as the Ferrari "F1"-gearbox. So I suspect Audi/Lambo will outsource the gearbox again, meaning that it won't take long to see it incorporated.

KK265
January 17th, 2010, 18:48
That are FWD's

So what?T5 is FWD and optional 4WD.Perhaps new sharan has this option.

RXBG
January 17th, 2010, 20:30
On the other hand, the Gallardo with which the R8 shares a drivetrain is up for replacement soon, and that will certainly need a DSG to compete with the new generation of supercars.

I read that the Merc SLS has the same transaxle gearbox as the Italia. So a high performance gearbox for the transaxle layout is available for different manufacturers. I also seem to remember that the Audi/Lambo E-gear was from the same source as the Ferrari "F1"-gearbox. So I suspect Audi/Lambo will outsource the gearbox again, meaning that it won't take long to see it incorporated.

i didn't know the DSG was outsourced. or maybe i did and now remember, either way i am sure that the problem is not the availability but retrofitting it that is too expensive. definitely- sounds like the upcoming lamborghini jota (murci replacement) will have one along with a V12 engine. we can look forward to seeing this transmission in the later-to-come LP560 replacement in 2013.

andreadebi
January 18th, 2010, 11:00
i didn't know the DSG was outsourced. or maybe i did and now remember, either way i am sure that the problem is not the availability but retrofitting it that is too expensive. definitely- sounds like the upcoming lamborghini jota (murci replacement) will have one along with a V12 engine. we can look forward to seeing this transmission in the later-to-come LP560 replacement in 2013.

interesting about chassis..

http://www.gtspirit.com/2010/01/15/spyshots-2012-lamborghini-jota-murcielago-replacement/

One of the biggest changes over the outgoing Murcielago will be the adoption of the Audi R8’s aluminum spaceframe chassis as well as a carbon-fiber bodyshell

but about no dsg....

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/Lamborghini-Murci%C3%A9lago/246530/

Unlike some rivals the new Lambo will not feature a DSG transmission because it would be “too complex and too expensive” to engineer. Instead, the new Murcielago may come with the option of a sequential seven-speed manual, with a more conventional seven-speed paddle shift as standard. A traditional open gate manual will almost certainly not be available this time round.

SimonH
January 20th, 2010, 12:34
So is it DEFINATE, that the TT RS will get the S-Tronic gearbox?. I think this will open the market right up for the RS. I would certainly be more interested in the car with it. After getting used to the TTS with S-Tronic, i wouldnt want to go back to manual. The only consideration then will be, not to make the car too expensive. I saw the first UK GT-R, for sale today at the £45 mark with 9k miles, so performance wise, this will leave the RS behind.Granted, not everyone wants a GT-R, so i hope a TT RS with S-Tronic will be sensibly priced, regards, SIMON.

The Pretender
January 27th, 2010, 22:17
.....The only consideration then will be, not to make the car too expensive.
Most likely 2300+ euro's for DSG.

The Pretender
January 27th, 2010, 22:23
This.

http://www.avus-performance.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads//IMG_3126_med.jpg
http://www.avus-performance.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads//IMG_3150_med.jpg
http://www.avus-performance.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads//IMG_3162_med.jpg