PDA

View Full Version : Audi R8 V8 and V10 vs Lambo LP560 vs Nissan GTR

trev0006
December 28th, 2009, 08:40
Audi R8 V8 and V10 vs Lambo LP560 vs Nissan GTR (http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-09/12-28-09page-Super-Sports-Class-Battle.htm) The GTR overheats at the end and the R8 V10 breaks down in the begining.

The RS6
December 28th, 2009, 09:38
Great job by the V8...kept behind those two with alot more HP and auto trannys...

KK265
December 28th, 2009, 09:53
Audi R8 V8 and V10 vs Lambo LP560 vs Nissan GTR (http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-09/12-28-09page-Super-Sports-Class-Battle.htm) The GTR overheats at the end and the R8 V10 breaks down in the begining.
R8 V10 =power steering problem

Damienr8
December 28th, 2009, 12:50
humm looks like 2 R8 V10's to me. One with rtronic and one with 6-speed manual.:vhmmm:

The RS6
December 28th, 2009, 13:51
humm looks like 2 R8 V10's to me. One with rtronic and one with 6-speed manual.:vhmmm:

Nope, white one with the manual is V8...

Ruergard
December 28th, 2009, 19:12
The V8 really did do a great job there, would been interesting to see the V10 play along for real.

RXBG
December 29th, 2009, 14:47
basically they put audi's best with the GTR- of course it can't keep up with the LP, but i am sure a properly sorted V10 would have also been ahead on that track. i would really like to see what a manual GTR would be capable of.

xotic
December 30th, 2009, 17:25
nice cars and good job from the v8 :)

whats funny is that the LP has a little moment, a small slide and after that the driver switches the gearbox to automatic. hahah, real pros racing...
So yea, a good driver in a V8 R8 can keep up with any supercar if the driver of the faster car doesnt know what hes doing.

artur777
December 30th, 2009, 17:48
r8 v8 kept up very decent
gtr overheated
v19 broke down
lp560 was a little bit nervous

the drivers are not pros at all

crespo
December 30th, 2009, 18:36
yes, they are mostly professional drivers. the difference is they don't drive at 10/10ths the whole race (edit: i may be wrong here, just watched the video again and they are driving pretty hard). they usually practice more gentlemanly racing, although if one car's clearly quicker than the other they do overtake.

i believe they all race in Super GT except for Tsuchiya who raced in the 24hLM a few times.

and he didn't put the gearbox in auto, he switched the ESP to sport.

xotic
December 31st, 2009, 11:19
sorry crespo i have to disagree.

About the gearbox, look at 4:22, the LP changes gear without hand movement, again at 4:28, the most obvious is 5:28 where his hand is not even close to the gear lever for upshifts. The gallardo is driving in automatic. They may be racers tho, anyone who can afford to pay can race, there are many gentelmens' championships like that around for enthusiasts, but it doesnt say anything about driver skills. The guy in the LP is a horrid driver and the GT-R behind him probably knew this and was keeping his distance to protect the cars.

crespo
December 31st, 2009, 15:52
I'm still not 100% sure about the gearbox, you don't need drastic hand movements to shift gears in that car, one finger's enough (the 5:28 point is the one that's most obvious, I don't know what you're talking about re his hand being not even close when it shifted, it was right on top of the paddle), but you still may be right.

But the point you're trying to make about these guys, especially Tsuchiya (the Lambo driver), being bad drivers is ridiculous. Tsuchiya is a highly accredited driver with tons of racing experience, and has a rep for being a master of car control. You don't know what you're talking about if you say he's a horrid driver. Read his wiki (click) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiichi_Tsuchiya) for crying out loud. Hell Yuji Ide, one of the regular drivers on that program, is ex-F1.

You may have a point with the gearbox, but your inept driver argument is way off the chart.

Kram
December 31st, 2009, 17:11
Only adding to crespo, Ara is a former Le Mans overall winner driving the R8.
Tsuchiya is a class winner there also. He is a kind of a hero there!

They just can't, or shouldn't, crash the cars. . . . .and protect their own industry. :hahahehe:

Benman
December 31st, 2009, 18:44
i would really like to see what a manual GTR would be capable of.

I think better than most think. No doubt I agree with you though that the current tranny Nissan uses is superior... for numbers. ;)

Ben:addict:

quattrogeek
January 4th, 2010, 03:10
Best motoring isn't the first source i'd turn to for unbiased accurate comparison tests....:vhmmm: