PDA

View Full Version : Vagcom- Acceleration Module

MaxRS6
December 27th, 2009, 03:47
I was too lazy to search {ducks, holds child up as human shield}- How accurate have you all found the acceleration times/speed to be with the Vagcom Acceleration module?

I am not a 1/4 mile freak. Therefore; launching is merely putting it in S and taking off with approx 2/3 throttle. Vagcom showed the 0 - 60 mph to be 4.5 sec, and 1/4 mile to be 12.8 seconds. I'm running 19 inch wheels so I assume this slows the acceleration to some degree. I was carrying a passenger, golf clubs and other normal stuff in the car. Just found it interesting and wanted to see what Vagcom would report.

Thanks in advance for input from the RS6 brain trust.

RS6-4dr911
December 27th, 2009, 19:14
I tried to respond to this last night but the thread disappeared (???).

I used this an excuse to try it on mine. I can't imagine what could be more accurate, it's pulling data right off the speedo input so unless your speedo is off significantly it should be very accurate. Interestingly, mine produced results that were very consistent with my Dynolicious iPhone results - poor, in other words. 0-60 in roughly 5.5-5.8 sec. For now, I'm chalking it up the leaking intercoolers, due to be replaced this week. After that, I'm out of excuses.

And by the way, I resent the comment about having to be good in 2010 after getting LED tails for Christmas. Are you implying I was undeservingly naughty in 2009??

MaxRS6
December 27th, 2009, 19:24
I tried to respond to this last night but the thread disappeared (???).

I used this an excuse to try it on mine. I can't imagine what could be more accurate, it's pulling data right off the speedo input so unless your speedo is off significantly it should be very accurate. Interestingly, mine produced results that were very consistent with my Dynolicious iPhone results - poor, in other words. 0-60 in roughly 5.5-5.8 sec. For now, I'm chalking it up the leaking intercoolers, due to be replaced this week. After that, I'm out of excuses.

And by the way, I resent the comment about having to be good in 2010 after getting LED tails for Christmas. Are you implying I was undeservingly naughty in 2009??

night and so I reposted.

LOL- I meant you have to be good now in 2010 to get another mod under the tree since it worked so well in 2009. With any luck, you'll find a explorer that needs a rack adjustment. :jlol::jlol:

MaxRS6
December 27th, 2009, 19:40
mine produced results that were very consistent with my Dynolicious iPhone results - poor, in other words. 0-60 in roughly 5.5-5.8 sec.

for pink slips before you find the root cause? :race: j/k

I wish you luck in resolving the issue and keep us posted to your findings after the i/c repair. The forum's collective brain trust always seem to enjoy helping to find/resolve issues for our collective group.