PDA

View Full Version : Who's running a REVO stage 2 tune?

snoopra
December 26th, 2009, 14:25
I'm in the process of getting the REVO flash. There's a new low price of $699 for the flash so I thought, might as well. Anyone using stage 2 tune?

melsas
December 26th, 2009, 23:29
Am I correct that stage 2 changes ECU to ignore o2 sensors
at precats? Avoids MIL if you gut precats. No change to performance settings.

ttrs6
December 27th, 2009, 01:18
what is the hp and tq rateing for revo stage 2 .do you need to change your fuel pump and regulater to.

ttrs6
December 27th, 2009, 01:26
im thinking of gutting my pre and post cats to but don't want the car to smell. how is your car with no cats?O and you need to erase your post cat o2s not ur pre cat o2s.

snoopra
December 27th, 2009, 02:06
Brief fuel odor at start-up. I already have a bosch 044 fuel pump and 5 bar FPR, so not sure about the stage 2 requirements. I'll get the HP/torque specs on Monday-ish.

GBG
December 31st, 2009, 05:14
Snoopra, I had the $699 REVO tune installed a few months ago. REVO claims 515 hp/500 tq. I am happy with it. Car pulls noticeably harder above 2500-3000 rpm.

hahnmgh63
December 31st, 2009, 05:59
I have never heard of Revo Stage 2? I know with the SPS select you can change the timing and bump up the boost from the standard Revo tuning without the Select, or is it the Select plus?

snoopra
December 31st, 2009, 14:39
Tune can be manipulated with the select plus switch. They told me stage 2 removes O2/CAT codes (for catless exhausts:)) and has acouple tweaks for simple upgrades.

hahnmgh63
December 31st, 2009, 14:41
If I decide to remove the front Cats it sounds like that is what I need? I wonder what they'll charge me if I already have the Revo tune?

melsas
December 31st, 2009, 14:58
My question was if pre-cats are gutted, will Stage 2 cancel CEL so I can pass State emissions--

Email from Revotechnik:

Our stage II software is designed to work with vehicles running upgraded downpipes, high flow cats, test pipes or in some cases removed cats without a problem.<O:p></O:p>
You should have no problem running our stage II software with how you plan to modify your software
This software has been tested and is completed but not every one of our dealers has it so please contact your local Revo dealer and they can request the file directly from us.

Email from indy shop-REVO dealer
The software eliminates the 'catalyst efficiency' code where the ECU needs to see a difference between the front and rear oxygen sensors. It does not eliminate other CEL possibilities such as lean conditions, rich conditions and other reasons for check engine lights. The stage 2 software does not have any further performance gains either as it was basically put together to eliminate CELs for cat efficiency problems. so the only gains you will see if any would be for the increased flow from removing the cats. Upgrade cost is 50.00. <O:p></O:p>

snoopra
January 2nd, 2010, 13:51
Thanks melsas, sounds about right.