PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Hotchkis ARBs with standard DRC suspension?

Golffather
December 24th, 2009, 09:46
Hi, just looking for some opinions on the behaviour of the car with DRC and Hotchkis ARBs?

Is it worth doing?

What differences have you felt?

Characteristics in normal driving as well as enthusiastic jaunts?!

Frank and honest opinions - good or bad - all appreciated.

Thanks

DHall1
December 24th, 2009, 19:52
It works fine. Does what it says it does.

V8weight
December 24th, 2009, 20:07
It works fine. Does what it says it does.
Dave, what position do you have your rear bar set to?

snoopra
December 24th, 2009, 21:08
I noticed an immediate improvement in handling. I have the rear on the firm setting, no wheel hop. I will be dumping the DRC for a set of KW V3's that's been sitting in storage for months:doh:, well as soon as I get suspension parts I ordered(mounts, bushings, etc.)

DALLAS_RS6
December 24th, 2009, 21:10
I went on my first "drive" with the Hotchkis setup and I notice a considerable improvement in handling. I am now happy with my DRC.

MaxRS6
December 24th, 2009, 21:55
I noticed an immediate improvement in handling. I have the rear on the firm setting, no wheel hop. I will be dumping the DRC for a set of KW V3's that's been sitting in storage for months:doh:, well as soon as I get suspension parts I ordered(mounts, bushings, etc.)

and have Hotchkis on the firm setting, combined with the KW v3's with the recommended settings. The car really sticks to the road and much more flat around curves. I did both at the same time and the combo is great IMHO.

MaxRS6
December 24th, 2009, 21:58
I went on my first "drive" with the Hotchkis setup and I notice a considerable improvement in handling. I am now happy with my DRC.

you like the setup. I'm headed to Dallas to the TMS DE that Safe4now is helping organize on 4/30. If you are in the neighborhood or going to attend the event, it would be great to meet up with you. I'll keep in touch as it draws closer.

GEN XER
December 24th, 2009, 22:19
What size bar do we use?

DHall1
December 24th, 2009, 22:50
Could be why I like the DRC so much. I have always had the Hotchkis. Doc Weiner put them on way back when they first came out. In fact, Hotchkis in SoCal installed the bars and reset the factory alignment.

Rear firm

There was also a thread on alignment settings some time back. Its not by accident that Hotchkis has the toe in set to a certain end of the factory settings.

My car does not push or plow when pushed properly

DALLAS_RS6
December 24th, 2009, 22:57
Could be why I like the DRC so much. I have always had the Hotchkis. Doc Weiner put them on way back when they first came out. In fact, Hotchkis in SoCal installed the bars and reset the factory alignment.

Rear firm

There was also a thread on alignment settings some time back. Its not by accident that Hotchkis has the toe in set to a certain end of the factory settings.

My car does not push or plow when pushed properly
Will be switching to firm soon.

MaxRS6
December 24th, 2009, 23:08
What size bar do we use?

and the below link is what I purchased.

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?autoMake=Audi&autoModel=RS6&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=Standard+Model&brand=all

Golffather
December 25th, 2009, 01:07
and the below link is what I purchased.

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?autoMake=Audi&autoModel=RS6&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=Standard+Model&brand=all

As did I and will get them on asap.

Thanks for the feedback guys - sounds like they're worth every penny (or dime ;)