PDA

View Full Version : "New" user from Europe with an AVANT!

grambler
December 21st, 2009, 00:59
Hi Guys

I just rediscovered this board, I registered quite a long time ago.

My name's Greg, I'm from Switzerland and I'm working in the IT-Business.

Driving Audi for quite a time now, I bought a '03 RS6 last January as a replacement for my old S6, this was a '00 V8 with manual gearbox.

My RS6 is standard with no tuning, maybe I'll get a power-update and some new 20" rims, but not sure yet. Im really lucky with the car as it is :incar:
I didn't got any bigger troubles with the car, just had to completely change the brakes and refill the misty DRC...

Best, Greg

http://www.abload.de/img/rs6_04x3qc.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/rs6_07z4la.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/rs6_02v0r5.jpg

MaxRS6
December 21st, 2009, 01:53
Congrats and welcome aboard the crazy train!

Erik
December 21st, 2009, 07:09
Hi Greg and welcome!

hahnmgh63
December 21st, 2009, 07:25
Nice looking car. I upgraded to the C5 RS6 from the S6 too. Loved the S6 but the RS is definitely a better car. Welcome.

Daniel
December 21st, 2009, 08:11
nice car greg...;-)

Golffather
December 21st, 2009, 08:53
Congrats Greg,

My route to an RS6 was also via a '00 S6!

Black is the fastest colour .... ;) although in a couple of pics I can't work out if its black or mugello ?!

grambler
December 21st, 2009, 11:22
Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome!

The S6 was nice but it just missed something, and it turned out that the part missing were definitely the two turbochargers in the front. After I drove a RS6 the first i knew that I need one, then I started searching and found this car from a private vendor after about six months. There's a lot of crap around, it really hurts sometimes the see what people do with these cars...

It's actually mugello blue, I don't know why it's so dark on the pictures.
But I've attached you a picture where you can see my mugello and a black one.
http://www.abload.de/img/forum33vqw.jpg

I have absolutely no idea why the color is so dark on pictures, seems that my photographic skills are very limited :D
I really like the combination of the blue exterior with the silver leather in the interior. Had the same in the S6, even with some nice alcantara-leather, and I wanted something similar.

Golffather
December 21st, 2009, 11:49
Looks great and it looks more mugello than black so must be my eyes :P

Where in Switzerland are you?

Is there much of a C5 RS6 scene over there?

grambler
December 21st, 2009, 11:56
I'm living some of the time near Berne, the capital city od Switzerland, and the rest of time I'm currently in St. Gall, a small city (70'000 citizens) at the very eastern end of the country.

We really have a lot of RS6 here, from time to time you see one on the street. Also if you check out the online carselling websites - we have one where most of the cars for sale are listed - currently there are 95 RS6 for sale.
The great thing is that you don't really get noticed if you don't want to and the car is never misplaced, it's practical nobody thinks of it like if it was a Porsche. Great for business use with different clients!

Golffather
December 21st, 2009, 12:14
I honeymoon'd in Switzerland! Lovely country and had a great time.

Stayed in Zurich but travelled around a fair bit. Pilatus, Titles, Black Forrest, Lucerne, Luasanne and some others that I can't remember.

Hope to go back sometime soon but would prefer a chalet location in the mountains - any suggestions for a 2nd honeymoon? ;)

roadrunner
December 21st, 2009, 13:17
Congratulations - great purchase. :applause:

The C5 RS6 Avant is such a classy looking car, still today :addict:

And you got yourself some nice passes around - sure plan on traveling some of them.

Servus from Austria
seb.

grambler
December 21st, 2009, 14:33
Golffather, yep Switzerland really has some beautiful places.
You might enjoy Davos, St. Moritz, Gstaad or Zermatt. Some really nice villages all the year. Wengen is nice too, but no cars allowed there ;)
St. Moritz has some great roads around. Top Gear once drove them with an Aston, a Ferrari and a Porsche, but I don't remember in which episode this video was boradcasted.

roadrunner, you're in rs-quattro.de too aren't you? :)
About the passes - they're here but I ain't got no time yet to try them out with the RS6. Maybe next summer... I hope so!

JRS-RS6
December 21st, 2009, 16:34
Hi again grambler. I have traveled for business many times to Trubbach and Balzers, FL hoping to return soon (Q1 '10 for at least one week). Usually I go south of the lakes Zurichsee and Walensee on the A3 through Sargans to the A13; however, I did it once Via the A1 up through St. Gallen. I also drove south on the A13 through Chur and over the pass in San Bernardino through Tuchino connecting to the A2 jost north of Bellinzona and across Italia to Venice just coming up on two years ago. Too bad it was in an Avis Rental Ford Focus -- I would have really loved driving my RS over there!

grambler
December 21st, 2009, 17:29
Hi JRS
Trubbach and Balzers, sounds like OC Oerlikon?
The trip to italy sounds nice too, I really want to do something like this next year. Southern Switzerland and northern Italy are some really nice places.

Ruergard
December 21st, 2009, 19:26
Hello and welcome aboard! :cheers:

Car looks superb.