PDA

View Full Version : Wet carpet on the right side floor

arS6
December 19th, 2009, 23:37
MY turn! :vgrumpy:

Discovered the very wet carpet on my pass side floor right the glove box. Did any of you guys get this before? Where is it coming from?

I know from the other C5 (A6, allroad) it comes from the clogged battery tray under the hood. We don't have one.

V8weight
December 19th, 2009, 23:52
Mine does this as well. It's the black plastic cowl trim directly below the windshield (the one that the wiper arms protrude through). Check to see if it fits snugly against the windshield, there's a cheap foam gasket beneath it and if it's not snapped in tight, the gasket pushes out and allows water to run off the windshield, under the trim piece, and right into the cabin filter and out of the bottom of the heater plenum. I had to buy a new cowl trim as it would no longer snap down tight.

Hy Octane
December 19th, 2009, 23:56
Also, check air con drain hose which tends to clog and do this.

arS6
December 19th, 2009, 23:58
Mine does this as well. It's the black plastic cowl trim directly below the windshield (the one that the wiper arms protrude through). Check to see if it fits snugly against the windshield, there's a cheap foam gasket beneath it and if it's not snapped in tight, the gasket pushes out and allows water to run off the windshield, under the trim piece, and right into the cabin filter and out of the bottom of the heater plenum. I had to buy a new cowl trim as it would no longer snap down tight.

Thanks, I'll try this first. Just my luck. 8-15" of snow tonight.

Yellow RS6
December 20th, 2009, 03:23
This happened to me back in September after a couple days of heavy rain. I was told it can be the sunroof drains and to blow some compressed air through them. I did that and it was fine until yesterday when we got some very heavy rain here in Atlanta. NSXER flew in to buy my car and drive it back to Kansas and he mentioned today that the passenger footwell was wet.

Brian - If you see this thread, try the compressed air through the sunroof drains but also check out the cowl trim below the windshield and the a/c drain hose mentioned above.

NSXER
December 20th, 2009, 04:19
This happened to me back in September after a couple days of heavy rain. I was told it can be the sunroof drains and to blow some compressed air through them. I did that and it was fine until yesterday when we got some very heavy rain here in Atlanta. NSXER flew in to buy my car and drive it back to Kansas and he mentioned today that the passenger footwell was wet.

Brian - If you see this thread, try the compressed air through the sunroof drains but also check out the cowl trim below the windshield and the a/c drain hose mentioned above.
YellowRS6....funny that we just talked about this!
Will check all out tomorrow.

RS6Steve
December 20th, 2009, 08:50
Check all your drain holes, I can almost gaurantee it will fix it. (between engine and windscreen mainly)

Loads of people in the Uk get this problem......

Golffather
December 20th, 2009, 20:49
+1 for the scuttle panel drainage.

Normally leaves and other gunk block up the holes and water starts seeping through. Amazing how quick it becomes a blasted puddle !

mmaturo
December 25th, 2009, 18:26
Also, check air con drain hose which tends to clog and do this.

I had the air-conditioner drain plugged up once... when this happens you can hear the water sloshing back and forth in the condensate pan... till you take a sharp turn and get some on your foot or it does build up in the well too.

R1
December 25th, 2009, 18:59
Audi should have included this as part of the maintenance interval like 35k, 70k, etc ....