PDA

View Full Version : ECU and OEM 19" Wheels

MileHighRS6
August 31st, 2003, 20:45
Which company does the best upgrades on the ECU? Also, is there a Factory suspension tuning difference between the Euro cars with 19' wheels and the US cars with 18" wheels. I'm wanting to upgrade to the OEM 19" wheels without changing my ride quality.

Thanks, MileHighRS6

nene
August 31st, 2003, 22:04
1) For ECU upgrade I'd recommend MTM, as that would be what I'd get if I were to 'chip' the car.

2) There is no change in suspension from Euro cars to the US bound cars as far I'm concerned.
However, going from 18" rims to 19" rims will affect the ride quality, since you will be running on less rubber. To keep the rolling diameter the same as you got now, or within range, you will have less rubber between the road the rim's edge. That will surely affect the ride quality. You'll probably feel the bumps/holes in the road a bit more. Also, usually 19" rims are a bit heavier, but that won't be an issue with so much power.

jconley
August 31st, 2003, 22:05
Originally posted by MileHighRS6
Which company does the best upgrades on the ECU? Also, is there a Factory suspension tuning difference between the Euro cars with 19' wheels and the US cars with 18" wheels. I'm wanting to upgrade to the OEM 19" wheels without changing my ride quality.

Thanks, MileHighRS6

Best is a matter of opinion. MTM has a good rep, as does APR (not available yet)

as far as i know there is no diff in the suspension for 19s. Your ride will be stiffer with 19s, i can assure you.

J

k2
September 29th, 2003, 21:20
APR chip should be out today ... just spoke with the rep ... said the website will be updated tomorrow with Dynos