PDA

View Full Version : Another New Member

ShadyBill
December 17th, 2009, 23:49
I am excited to be another BeastMaster here on the RS6 board. Got my Mugello Blue monster with 70k on the odometer in Columbus, OH, about a month ago. It is pretty stock with the exception of KWV3 coilovers. I also just picked up a Fidelity warranty after reading all the advice here. 4/48 warranty for $4495.

A kind of funny story, When I first test drove the car, I fell in love immediately. But, there were no manuals with the vehicle. There were too many things I didn't know how to operate, so I searched on Ebay and found a set complete with leather cover, quick start guides, and maintenance log. They were kind of expensive, ($150). But I needed them, so I held my nose and bought them. Well after checking the maintenance log, I noticed the history was similar to the car fax history on the on line listing. Sure enough, the VIN on the maintenance log matched the VIN in the garage. Oh, yeah, the manuals came from California.

I emailed the book seller and asked how he got the manuals and told him they were for my car. He said, "Happens once in a while with the rare ones", said he gets them from ebay auctions and used car lots. I think somebody has a nice little scam going there. Anyway, I am happy to have my maintenance records. Found out the 75K major service was done at 62K, so I should be good to go for a while.

Also, thanks for all the knowledge you members share with the noobs.

MaxRS6
December 17th, 2009, 23:50
Congrats and welcome aboard the crazy train. Too funny about the manual- Small World as Disney is prone to say..

DHall1
December 18th, 2009, 00:23
Too funny!

Where did you buy the Fidelity plan from? That is a good price. Others may want to price shop.

Good luck!

I am excited to be another BeastMaster here on the RS6 board. Got my Mugello Blue monster with 70k on the odometer in Columbus, OH, about a month ago. It is pretty stock with the exception of KWV3 coilovers. I also just picked up a Fidelity warranty after reading all the advice here. 4/48 warranty for $4495.

A kind of funny story, When I first test drove the car, I fell in love immediately. But, there were no manuals with the vehicle. There were too many things I didn't know how to operate, so I searched on Ebay and found a set complete with leather cover, quick start guides, and maintenance log. They were kind of expensive, ($150). But I needed them, so I held my nose and bought them. Well after checking the maintenance log, I noticed the history was similar to the car fax history on the on line listing. Sure enough, the VIN on the maintenance log matched the VIN in the garage. Oh, yeah, the manuals came from California.

I emailed the book seller and asked how he got the manuals and told him they were for my car. He said, "Happens once in a while with the rare ones", said he gets them from ebay auctions and used car lots. I think somebody has a nice little scam going there. Anyway, I am happy to have my maintenance records. Found out the 75K major service was done at 62K, so I should be good to go for a while.

Also, thanks for all the knowledge you members share with the noobs.

ShadyBill
December 18th, 2009, 00:29
The fidelity warranty (platinum) was purchased at Midwestern Auto Group in Dublin, OH. Bob Schaal. I was a little surprised, no inspection, proof of mileage, just my word.

Erik
December 18th, 2009, 10:11
Hi and welcome!

Golffather
December 18th, 2009, 11:16
Congrats and welcome.

Beastly
December 18th, 2009, 16:26
great story - enjoy your Beast!

bruce
December 18th, 2009, 16:33
Welcome aboard.

You can find almost anything on eBay.....

Beastly - maybe see you around? I'm in a Mugello with smoked tail lights...

Beastly
December 18th, 2009, 17:49
bruce - sure will be looking for you, I am black on black with LED tails live in SJ and work in Cuptertino. Also put some 19s on yesterday will post some pix later...