PDA

View Full Version : Repo man takes it away

uberrs6
December 17th, 2009, 06:26
After long but not so successful negotiations with Capital One for a short sale...no deal. Thanks to dhall for his persistence and patience and for a good attempt.

So the repo man came today and carefully and gracefully took the car away on a flat bed :( I made sure he didn't use chains or hooks, gave him both keys and all the owners books.

The VIN is WUAPV54B73N905774 Keep your eyes open in case you see it pop up. I sure hope it finds a good home. I put a note in the owners manual with my contact information so perhaps the new owner can get in touch with me for the vehicle history.

Meanwhile I am driving a 1991 Honda Prelude that I bought from the original owner for $300 bucks. It's in amazing shape, even the electric antenna still works.

Here is a list of things I have for sale from the RS6.

LED tail lights and the LED license plate bulbs
Custom fit car cover by Covercraft made with their sunbrella fabric.
2 Sirius radio units.
1 for the Symphony II radio
1 for the RNS-E
A transmission service kit with 8 qts of Red Line synthetic ATF

Make offers
Daytonagrayghost@gmail.com

R1
December 17th, 2009, 06:56
wow i feel for you
i wish i had the dough, your car will surely miss yah! but life is life, got to move on, hope things work out for you in the future so you can get a nother RS

Ruergard
December 17th, 2009, 07:07
Sad to hear this, hope everything works out for you and the beast finds a nice home.

DHall1
December 17th, 2009, 07:19
I tried but the banker was a butthead.

Sad day indeed.

Sad to hear this, hope everything works out for you and the beast finds a nice home.

bruce
December 17th, 2009, 16:52
I tried but the banker was a butthead.

Sad day indeed.

If you all thought banks were raping us before, just wait for 2010. They aren't loaning us our money and they're pissed at the new CC rules.

My leasing bank for my first RS6 was a complete jerkoff. I was paying them more per month than the car was depreciating and they wouldn't keep the lease open for a few months for one of their best customers. F'em. I gave it back to them and I paid cash for my new one.

P.S. I don't think they will notice a minor change I made....

bruce
December 17th, 2009, 16:56
Uberrs6

sorry about the car and your situation. It sounds like you are sucking it up pretty well. This downturn will only make your recovery and future success that much more rewarding.

Enjoy your family and the holidays.

Bruce

p.s. - I used to have credit with Capital One. I ran away as fast as I could from them. Complete dicks and no customer service.

ben916
December 17th, 2009, 17:06
I feel ya man, 2008/2009 have been tough years for many, including me.

Like Bruce said, enjoy your family and the holidays.

DHall1
December 17th, 2009, 17:55
Bruce,

+1 on the bonehead Capital One banker. I was amazed, here I sit cash in hand and there he sits 3000 miles away and a car to repo. Here I sit to save his bacon and he will not even talk to me. Ha

Lets see, banks raping us. Hmmm why? Could it be the koolaid money at the fed window? Free FIAT money will do it every time. Banks could care less about small business or loans when the koolaid money is free. :eye:

If you all thought banks were raping us before, just wait for 2010. They aren't loaning us our money and they're pissed at the new CC rules.

My leasing bank for my first RS6 was a complete jerkoff. I was paying them more per month than the car was depreciating and they wouldn't keep the lease open for a few months for one of their best customers. F'em. I gave it back to them and I paid cash for my new one.

Conaswr
December 17th, 2009, 18:40
Sorry about the chain of events. I may be interested in the dns and sirius, shoot me a pm with a price.

crespo
December 17th, 2009, 19:54
I have to chime in on CapOne as well. Had a CC theft issue with them, card was clean then was overcharged by like 2K over the limit. CapOne was impossible to deal with, a bunch of monkeys. I eventually dealt with the collection agency to get rid of that mess and fix my credit. They saw how open I was and immediately helped me out, but CapOne dumped the debt onto them and I still had to pay 1.5K more than I owed. Ridiculous, moronic bank, wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Sorry to hear about your situation. You seem to be dealing with it rather well. go with a reputable bank next time, i guess :\

RS6-4dr911
December 17th, 2009, 20:11
Why don't you just track it down and go buy it back at auction for $0.50 on the dollar? Then drive by CrapitalOne with your ass hangin out the window while giving them a one fingered salute???:lovl:

hahnmgh63
December 17th, 2009, 21:32
uberrs6 (http://www.rs6.com/forum/member.php?u=14769), where are you located? I may be interested in the Redline ATF if it is the D4. hahnmgh@yahoo.com <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_177672", true); </SCRIPT>

uberrs6
December 18th, 2009, 01:55
It is D4. I have 8 qts plus the gasket and filter kit. I live in Phoenix AZ.

Yellow RS6
December 18th, 2009, 18:46
Wait, let me get this straight. Dhall had cash in hand to buy your car (and I see you are right there in AZ also) but Cap One would rather repo it?? Unbelievable!!

This is why I always tell people, if you have the opportunity (through work, spouse, or whatever) to join a credit union - do it! They are so much better than regular banks. I've been with Navy Federal for over 17 years and they've always done me right.

peiserg
December 18th, 2009, 19:13
ahh well. You're the guy by beardsly, right? just up the street from me.

sorry to hear your circumstances have changed. i was wondering why you never followed up on the water injection setup. it's killer.

DHall1
December 18th, 2009, 20:10
Yep,

Not only would Capital One not listen. Capital One would not even speak to me on the phone.

Cash in hand buyer before all the carry costs were on the books, before the repo man was sent out, willing to cut a deal and save Capone's ass on all carry costs.

Would not even take the time of day to speak to me.

hahah, a lesson learned again about how stupid people can really be.

Capital One. This curb is mine biotch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKFN9pxfGu0&feature=fvw

Wait, let me get this straight. Dhall had cash in hand to buy your car (and I see you are right there in AZ also) but Cap One would rather repo it?? Unbelievable!!

This is why I always tell people, if you have the opportunity (through work, spouse, or whatever) to join a credit union - do it! They are so much better than regular banks. I've been with Navy Federal for over 17 years and they've always done me right.

ini
December 19th, 2009, 18:59
what do you want for the car cover and the radio

uberrs6
December 20th, 2009, 15:19
The custom fit cover is a Covercraft made from their Sunbrella fabric. I paid $400.00 for it, used it a half dozen times. It's in like new condition. I expect to get $200.00 plus shipping.

The Sirius module for the Symphony II radio is the only other thing I have left. I also paid $400.00 for this and only used it for 2 months before I realized you cant use this unit with the RNS-E. I'd like to get $200.00 for this also.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their kind words and support through these difficult times. Many of the members here not only paid my asking price for the items but sent me extra $ to cover paypal fees and shipping.

I've been on the Honda forums learning about my 3rd gen Prleude. Those guys don't nearly have the class that I've enjoyed here on RS6.com

Happy Holidays.
Jim Smith

Aronis
December 20th, 2009, 15:30
So how's that Hope and Change working out?

V8weight
December 20th, 2009, 16:17
We got change alright:nana: And what's that old saying about hope in one hand and crap in the other?:lovl:

Benman
December 22nd, 2009, 20:13
I feel ya man, 2008/2009 have been tough years for many, including me.

Ditto that for my family's business. Hang in there guys! :cheers:

Ben:addict:

uberrs6
December 24th, 2009, 05:49
Update: I received a letter from capital one. The car is to be sold at "Private Auction" on December 27th. They legally have to let me know what the car sold for so I will keep you posted. In the meantime keep your eyes open for WUAPV54B73N905774

R1
December 24th, 2009, 13:19
try to ask Capital One if they will answer you if you ask them how to get in on this "private auction" we will send Dave :hahahehe:

4everRS
December 24th, 2009, 14:41
Update: I received a letter from capital one. The car is to be sold at "Private Auction" on December 27th. They legally have to let me know what the car sold for so I will keep you posted. In the meantime keep your eyes open for WUAPV54B73N905774

Checked Manheim auctions, 3 listed (more than normal). Avus Silver with 73k at Cottage Grove Motors in Seatle, one is Chicago Black with 93k from new luxury motors, and I think, TylerRS6's Mugello in Minneapolis with 56k. I may be wrong but it looks like his. Must have traded for that 911 he was after.

ben916
December 25th, 2009, 08:56
Checked Manheim auctions, 3 listed (more than normal). Avus Silver with 73k at Cottage Grove Motors in Seatle, one is Chicago Black with 93k from new luxury motors, and I think, TylerRS6's Mugello in Minneapolis with 56k. I may be wrong but it looks like his. Must have traded for that 911 he was after.

Cottage LAKE motors in Seattle, and since I am here (hint Topcat92 and any others), I will see if I can spin by there to take a look as YET again, the wife gave the green light for a test drive to see what the BEAST is all about...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=268303412&dealer_id=1366804&car_year=2003&doors=&systime=&listingCounter=0&model=RS6&adModel=RS6&search_lang=en&style_flag=1&start_year=1981&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&lastStartYear=1981&distance=200&min_price=&rdm=1261730560716&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=&fuel=&listingPriority=20&keywords_display=&end_year=2011&showZipError=y&make2=&certified=&engine=&adBodyStyle=&page_location=findacar::ispsearchform&body_code=0&transmission=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&address=98102&color=&sort_type=priceDESC&adMake=AUDI&max_price=&awsp=false&adClassSeries=&make=AUDI&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=14

DHall1
December 25th, 2009, 20:23
Ben,

Funny really, here is the ebay link to the Cottage car. No bids at all even starting at 22k. It looks nice from the pics. 3hrs left on auction....are you headed over there?

Yet Capital One would not even talk to me about Jim's car. Idiots. Play the doggie vid below again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290383013580&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AWNA%3AUS%3A1123

Yep,

Not only would Capital One not listen. Capital One would not even speak to me on the phone.

Cash in hand buyer before all the carry costs were on the books, before the repo man was sent out, willing to cut a deal and save Capone's ass on all carry costs.

Would not even take the time of day to speak to me.

hahah, a lesson learned again about how stupid people can really be.

Capital One. This curb is mine biotch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKFN9pxfGu0&feature=fvw

bruce
December 25th, 2009, 20:55
So how's that Hope and Change working out?

Keep the change....:nono:

ben916
December 26th, 2009, 08:44
Ben,

Funny really, here is the ebay link to the Cottage car. No bids at all even starting at 22k. It looks nice from the pics. 3hrs left on auction....are you headed over there?

excellent info, Dave, as it is listed in AT as $25,995...
http://clients.automanager.com/012674/VD.html?VID=e909f4534fe8f64daa2a401f107496e9

I will be heading there in Monday with questions and camera in hand, for anyone else that is interested in it....

I do have to talk to Greg when I get back to So Cal.... :)

bruce
December 27th, 2009, 01:47
http://clients.automanager.com/012674/VD.html?VID=e909f4534fe8f64daa2a401f107496e9

I will be heading there in Monday with questions and camera in hand, for anyone else that is interested in it....

btw the car is NOT Daytona Gray and the interior is not Gray as the as says.....jeeesh. Looks like Avus to me....

DHall1
December 27th, 2009, 17:58
Someone was sitting on the sidelines and snapped up the car for 22k.

I say nice buy considering the pics.

Ben...did you see the car?

hahnmgh63
December 27th, 2009, 19:06
Only a few miles from me. If I had been paying attention I may have jumped in at the end and tried to get it as a second RS6.