PDA

View Full Version : RS6..Love or Hate??

screwscott
December 15th, 2009, 14:10
:rs6kiss:I recently had the opportunity to drive a low mileage(24k)'03 RS6 and was totally impressed.I was then referred to this site for further knowledge,information,availability,etc and while most of you love your 'beasts' I couldn't help being slightly amazed at the apparent amount of serious problems,woes a lot of you seem to have with these cars....and major stuff to a non-technical enthusiast ie engine removal for seal issues,tranny replacements,timing belts,sensors,to say nothing of the suspension recall problems??
As I read various posts I was taken back to my first Audi..an '86 5000 Turbo..loved the car but constantly in the shop for check engine items(thank god for Audi card).Have had many Audis since...S4's,S8's,A6's,etc..all great cars and very insignificant maintenance items including an 05 S4 that was prepared and used at the track quite often.

Want one badly but seeking some objective advice on what to expect..the car would be a daily driver and maintained to the hilt and maturely driven with no intended track application...I would simcerely appreciate your comments.Being retired I don't want a problem "child" that is unreliable,inconvenient or expensive.thank you

AudiRS4ever
December 15th, 2009, 14:21
Screw,

Love the screen name. I still can't stop laughing as I'm writing this. Anyway, you've been around long enough to remember 2 cars that I think will give you an idea of what kind of maintenance and issues you will be dealing with on the RS6. The Porsche 928 and the BMW 850. If you know anything about those 2 cars and their, "issues" then you will have a great idea of the what the RS6 is about too.
These cars are very finicky, but they are very good and very rare cars too. Anyway, good luck if you decide to get one. There is a very low mile one that is 100% stock for sale right now. A lot of us have been discussing it a few threads lower. Check, "The price keeps getting lower." or something like that and you'll see it. Good luck.:incar:

RS6-4dr911
December 15th, 2009, 17:28
You have to keep in mind this is a preselected group, not a random sampling. Most here are gearheads, technofreaks and tinkerers. Often the problems are brought on by either tinkering or pushing the car harder than it was really intended. Additionally, being technically competent types, most can tell immediately when something is the least bit off, while most owners would plod happily along, we sound the alarm and what to know how to get it perfect again.

To be sure, there are some known issues (DRC - factory will fix, seems to work now, tranny, and intercooler leaks) that a brief search will reveal, therefore the importance of a good warranty or deep pockets. The rest of the problems are probably not much different than a base model or other non-japanese brand.

Even with my leaking intercoolers, I wouldn't trade this car just yet. What else would I get for either what it's worth or even what I paid for it 3 years ago?

Count me as it "Love it":addict:

RS6Steve
December 15th, 2009, 17:44
It's a super car that can have a washing machine in the back. yes it costs to run, but it's not that bad.

You look after it and it will look after you.

I love mine, it costs a little, but no way would I get rid of it.

MaxRS6
December 15th, 2009, 18:04
Love or Hate? Yes

DHall1
December 15th, 2009, 20:08
Guys its really very simple.

HURRY UP AND GO BUY THE LOWEST MILEAGE RS6 YOU CAN FIND.

THEN

BUY FIDELITY/AUDI EXTENDED WARRANTY 6/60.

YOU NOW HAVE ZERO WORRIES FOR 6 YEARS.

YOU WILL NEVER HAVE THIS CHANCE TO BUY ONE OF THE BEST DESIGNED VEHICLES ON THE PLANET FOR PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR AND HAVE A 6YR WARRANTY.

MY PERSONAL VEHICLE MAINT COST OVER THE LAST 1.5YRS? $350 DOLLARS.

MaxRS6
December 15th, 2009, 20:18
Guys its really very simple.

BUY FIDELITY/AUDI EXTENDED WARRANTY 6/60.

YOU NOW HAVE ZERO WORRIES FOR 6 YEARS.

A lot of us put more than 10K/year to cut down the cost/mile of original purchase price and enjoy the ride. :hihi:

At 118K I'm out of the warranty and adds to the excitement of walking on the tightline.:snow:

However; I agree- run/do not walk as current prices get you a great car with a lot of fun driving ahead.

LIRS6
December 15th, 2009, 20:52
Original owner, and original smile still on my face each time I start her up. I intend to hold onto this car because nothing else in the market excites me as much. I just put my snows on in anticipation of a jaunt or two up to Vt etc. It is my daily driver - I take my son and his friends to soccer games, I take the garbage out in this car - it does it all. Mechanically it is stock save for the suspension ...and it is fast. Badgeless, it is a real sleeper.

Get the car and a warranty, and find a dealer who will give you a loaner when necessary.

Good luck! :rs6kiss:

Oh, and Mugello is the fastest color

ben916
December 15th, 2009, 20:57

I thought WHITE was...
Or maybe YELLOW...
Or RED????

You know what? I have it all wrong... It is the YELLOW cab that is the fastest...:lovl:

mmaturo
December 15th, 2009, 21:22
Love or Hate? Yes

I smiled...I'm back to full love today though. 4 1/2 years of enjoyment here. Its not cheap but worth it. I run mine hard so my maintenance is up on DHall's for pads rotors, oil changes, tires at a pretty good rate of consumption but we have found affordable outlets for pads/rotors now compared to years ago. My car eats trannys and front suspension bushings but you may be lucky and depending on your roads not punish things as much as chicago roads do.

My comment is you can't buy a better car today in the mid $20s than this period...I'm still happy and i paid 3 times that. Find a clean one warranty it up as long as possible and enjoy it.

peiserg
December 15th, 2009, 22:01
while it is definitely not japanese in reliability, neither is it japanese in luxury or performance.

Headaches? occasionally.

Would i do it again? yes. in fact i just plunked down ANOTHER 4.3k for an add'l 6 yrs warranty. That's mainly because i know there is no way i could slide into a comparable car for under $65k. so the 4.3k keeps me in the car for 5+ more years.

MaxRS6
December 15th, 2009, 22:15
while it is definitely not japanese in reliability, neither is it japanese in luxury or performance.

Hmmm...I thought it would work
http://www.who-sucks.com/wp-content/uploads/icons//2007/07/korean-hara-kiri.jpg

screwscott
December 16th, 2009, 04:08
Thanks everyone...your input is totally appreciated and valued and somewhat comforting.
That 24k car that I mentioned I had driven just cost 7000 to replace an "O" ring(oil leak) somewhere on the back of the engine,oil cooler area,as I recall...engine,tranny all out for a $129 part so that knowledge contributed greatly to my concerns.
I'm driving '06 C55 AMG(18k mi) which quite frankly is one of the favorite 20 odd cars I've had over the past few years,just edging out 3 E39 540s and third would be an 02 S8.But when I drove the RS6 it just had that extra..starting with the sound and complimented by a totally competent driving statement sensing equal capability whether boulevard touring or race track hustling...few cars can claim that imho(ZO6 exception)..if track competent uncomfortable on the street and vice versa.
Thanks for thoughts on this Fidelity warranty...sounds like it's available through an Audi dealer?Curious would the above problem have been covered?btw did I say I was a canuck?
In summary I'm ready to go and speaking to a one owner low 30s miles with drc recall done and the 35k service completed..individual has babied the car so likely a good unit for me to consider...it does have MTM chip work which was done a number of years ago and no problems... anyone want a deal on a C55??
I"ll keep you posted and look forward to being part of the "beast owner group"...that sounds good,at my age I haven't qualified for such a membership in a while!!
Season's best wished to you all....Scott

GBG
December 16th, 2009, 04:08
:rs6kiss:I recently had the opportunity to drive a low mileage(24k)'03 RS6 and was totally impressed.I was then referred to this site for further knowledge,information,availability,etc and while most of you love your 'beasts' I couldn't help being slightly amazed at the apparent amount of serious problems,woes a lot of you seem to have with these cars....and major stuff to a non-technical enthusiast ie engine removal for seal issues,tranny replacements,timing belts,sensors,to say nothing of the suspension recall problems??
As I read various posts I was taken back to my first Audi..an '86 5000 Turbo..loved the car but constantly in the shop for check engine items(thank god for Audi card).Have had many Audis since...S4's,S8's,A6's,etc..all great cars and very insignificant maintenance items including an 05 S4 that was prepared and used at the track quite often.

Want one badly but seeking some objective advice on what to expect..the car would be a daily driver and maintained to the hilt and maturely driven with no intended track application...I would simcerely appreciate your comments.Being retired I don't want a problem "child" that is unreliable,inconvenient or expensive.thank you

Scott,

The nature of these boards invites discussion about problems, but don't let that discussion pollute your overall view of the 2003 RS6. It's a masterpiece of engineering. Another example of this phenomenum: the 911 Turbo is the most bullet-proof super car ever made, yet spend some time on 6speed or Rennlist and you would think that the car is a piece of junk. In other words, don't assume that much discussion on this board about RS6 problems = many RS6s with many problems. Yes, this car is a finely tune machine that has its share of issue-- like any other high perfomance car does-- but it's absolutely worth owning because on balance the fun far outweighs the problems.

BTW, in fairness, the following point should also be made: posting your question (i.e., love or hate an RS6?) on an RS6 board will probably not yield the most balanced points of view. We are here because we love these cars. :heart:

You said 24k miles??? Go buy it before someone else does and you're left kicking yourself. :doh:

DHall1
December 16th, 2009, 15:12
Keep both.

I have a E55 supercharged and the RS6 sitting out in the front garage. :rs6kiss:

And yes, the Fidelity would have covered the oil leak.

Fidelity also covers repairs in Canada. Talk or PM "mudguts" on this board. He just purchased a car in NY and had it shipped to Canada.

Thanks everyone...your input is totally appreciated and valued and somewhat comforting.
That 24k car that I mentioned I had driven just cost 7000 to replace an "O" ring(oil leak) somewhere on the back of the engine,oil cooler area,as I recall...engine,tranny all out for a $129 part so that knowledge contributed greatly to my concerns.
I'm driving '06 C55 AMG(18k mi) which quite frankly is one of the favorite 20 odd cars I've had over the past few years,just edging out 3 E39 540s and third would be an 02 S8.But when I drove the RS6 it just had that extra..starting with the sound and complimented by a totally competent driving statement sensing equal capability whether boulevard touring or race track hustling...few cars can claim that imho(ZO6 exception)..if track competent uncomfortable on the street and vice versa.
Thanks for thoughts on this Fidelity warranty...sounds like it's available through an Audi dealer?Curious would the above problem have been covered?btw did I say I was a canuck?
In summary I'm ready to go and speaking to a one owner low 30s miles with drc recall done and the 35k service completed..individual has babied the car so likely a good unit for me to consider...it does have MTM chip work which was done a number of years ago and no problems... anyone want a deal on a C55??
I"ll keep you posted and look forward to being part of the "beast owner group"...that sounds good,at my age I haven't qualified for such a membership in a while!!
Season's best wished to you all....Scott

Mudguts
December 16th, 2009, 16:10
Love or Hate - Impressions from a new owner & fellow Canuck:

Per DHall1's note, I recently bought, imported & put the Fidelity warranty on my RS6 and here's my $.02:

I paid $32,500 for a very clean and well cared for southern RS6 from a dealership located in NY. I could have found a cheaper car, but the couple of thousand dollars in potential savings was less important to me then getting well sorted example with references.

Thanks to DHall1 for recognizing the car and connecting me to it's past owner. I was able to validate that it had new tires, new brakes, oil changes at twice the recommended intervals along with meticulous maintenance by a former RS6.com board member.

Love:
- Quiet, comfortable, Bose sound system
- Torque! The RS6 makes my M3 feel slow on the highway - simply ridiculous!
- Fun & safe four season sports car

Hate:
- Stock Nav is crap - must get RNS-E or aftermarket double din deck!
- Need vagcom b/c it throws codes.
- Need warranty: a tranny, oil leak or torque converter will drain the bank

For a daily driver, this is a fantastic pick...

CHeers,
MG

bruce
December 16th, 2009, 16:36

After having a Daytona and now a Mugello, I tend to agree.:race:

bruce
December 16th, 2009, 16:49
I have driven the '03 RS6 for approximately 90,000 miles. First one 88,000 miles and now on 2nd one and still going.

Summary of Service:

Regular Prescribed Maintenance
Sun Visor clip replaced
DRC recall fixed

Total Cost = $15

Anything else? Nope, that's it. nada.

There is one expense that is much higher than most and that is this car chews through front tires. At $300 a pop you need to just accept that you will need good shoes often, roughly 15,000 miles....

I've owned BMW, Porsche, Mercedes & Lexus. RS6 has been by far the best of the pack.

Mudguts
December 16th, 2009, 16:53
LOL...
I have the fastest Maur Blue Prl in NA :)

screwscott
December 17th, 2009, 03:11
Further thanks to you all for excellent feedback...I'm very comfortable with ownership issues and actually look forward to proactively maintaining such a good vehicle.
Sounds like the key exposure for warranty consideration is a tranny but surely normal,daily driving doesn't cause issues? otherwise we're getting close to a contradiction on this supposed engineering marvel.Personally I'm surprised that the turbos haven't been more of a maintenance item.
Now I have to decide on that Cal car.

papadoc
December 17th, 2009, 05:22
Original owner, 86k, APR chip and exhaust 2 years ago. DRC fixed. Nothing out there for under 100K is better; for under 35K what is the hesitation?? I bought extended warranty and never used it. I think one consideration is having a GOOD shop to take it to; I have a good dealer but excellent independent shop (Streetwerke) to use. It chews up the Michelin PS2s, just switched to Conti Extreme Contact for hopefully better longevity, without sacrificing performance. I've never seen anyone post with a turbo issue. To re-emphasize, be sure you have a good local shop; they will make your life much more pleasant...

droogie5
December 17th, 2009, 05:51
Screwscott, I know the Cali car you're speaking of, because I bought it yesterday.:rs6kiss: Flying out to pick it up. Sorry dude! But that would be one more thing -- don't wait too long to decide once you find a good one.

I missed a couple by hesitating, as the nice ones move fast if they're priced at all realistically.

DHall1
December 17th, 2009, 07:25
+2

I have driven them all.

RS6 is the best. :rs6kiss:

Bruce,

Call me tomorrow. I was out when you emailed. Fighting the traffic war between Phoenix and Casa Grande. All the idiots were out on I-10 tonight. The beast had to show them which lane to drive in.

I have driven the '03 RS6 for approximately 90,000 miles. First one 88,000 miles and now on 2nd one and still going.

Summary of Service:

Regular Prescribed Maintenance
Sun Visor clip replaced
DRC recall fixed

Total Cost = $15

Anything else? Nope, that's it. nada.

There is one expense that is much higher than most and that is this car chews through front tires. At $300 a pop you need to just accept that you will need good shoes often, roughly 15,000 miles....

I've owned BMW, Porsche, Mercedes & Lexus. RS6 has been by far the best of the pack.

DHall1
December 17th, 2009, 07:25
Which one did you buy?

Congrats!

Screwscott, I know the Cali car you're speaking of, because I bought it yesterday.:rs6kiss: Flying out to pick it up. Sorry dude! But that would be one more thing -- don't wait too long to decide once you find a good one.

I missed a couple by hesitating, as the nice ones move fast if they're priced at all realistically.

MaxRS6
December 17th, 2009, 12:01
I've never seen anyone post with a turbo issue.

As is recommended, when one goes out they both have to be replaced. However; I seem to be a rare bird that has had a turbo issue.

R1
December 17th, 2009, 13:04
hmnn better think about changing your name lol

droogie5
December 17th, 2009, 14:52
It's the avus silver / black / carbon 34k miles in Santa Barbara. One-owner, nice guy in his 60's who only drove it on Fridays. Seriously. Very proactive maintenance (talked to his dealership) DRC done, timing belt done, garaged and babied. The only negative for me is it has an MTM ECU/TCU upgrade, I'd rather buy a car stock, but... It was dealer-installed and the guy knows how to treat a car... I have to say "500 horsepower" sounds 50 cooler than 450 but I'll be watching that TC for sure. Will definitely be shopping Audi/fidelity warranty straight away...
:mech: :revs: :love2:

And BTW, screwscott, don't think i screwed screwscott out of the car you were after - I only found this thread and joined AFTER I bought this beast, I've been looking for six months. It came down to this car and the black one on Autotrader, 29.5k miles in AZ, has a sick B&B custom exhaust. really nice car, well cared for... but the guy wants a couple k more than I'm willing to spend.

You can set prefs on autotrader to alert you when a new RS6 pops onto the market. Good luck, the hunt is part of the fun.

DHall1
December 17th, 2009, 15:00
A twin to my car.

Good choice. Hurry up with the Fidelity.

Enjoy

It's the avus silver / black / carbon 34k miles in Santa Barbara. One-owner, nice guy in his 60's who only drove it on Fridays. Seriously. Very proactive maintenance (talked to his dealership) DRC done, timing belt done, garaged and babied. The only negative for me is it has an MTM ECU/TCU upgrade, I'd rather buy a car stock, but... It was dealer-installed and the guy knows how to treat a car... I have to say "500 horsepower" sounds 50 cooler than 450 but I'll be watching that TC for sure. Will definitely be shopping Audi/fidelity warrantuy straight away...

droogie5
December 17th, 2009, 15:14
Already have a set of 19" Hartmann S5 replicas, geman-cast, 22 lbs each, correct 23mm offset, waiting to go on.

http://shop.achtuning.com/ProductImages/images/product_images_hartmann/Hartmann_Audi_S5_209.JPG

think LED tails would also be a nice update (there are pretty classy, not ricey ones on eBay)... anybody do those?

also need to do RNS-E RIGHT AWAY... can't seem to find any in stock out there, tho.

bruce
December 17th, 2009, 16:40
also need to do RNS-E RIGHT AWAY... can't seem to find any in stock out there, tho.

(Not to burst your bubble but some have had bending issues with Hartmanns.)

eBay is your friend for rns-e.

Congrats and welcome. That is a clean car. I've been watching it.

ben916
December 17th, 2009, 16:59
It's the avus silver / black / carbon 34k miles in Santa Barbara. One-owner, nice guy in his 60's who only drove it on Fridays. Seriously. Very proactive maintenance (talked to his dealership) DRC done, timing belt done, garaged and babied. The only negative for me is it has an MTM ECU/TCU upgrade, I'd rather buy a car stock, but... It was dealer-installed and the guy knows how to treat a car... I have to say "500 horsepower" sounds 50 cooler than 450 but I'll be watching that TC for sure. Will definitely be shopping Audi/fidelity warranty straight away...

And BTW, screwscott, don't think i screwed screwscott out of the car you were after - I only found this thread and joined AFTER I bought this beast, I've been looking for six months. It came down to this car and the black one on Autotrader, 29.5k miles in AZ, has a sick B&B custom exhaust. really nice car, well cared for... but the guy wants a couple k more than I'm willing to spend.

You can set prefs on autotrader to alert you when a new RS6 pops onto the market. Good luck, the hunt is part of the fun.

This one??? I was watching this one for about a week or more...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=270649523&dealer_id=64759597&car_year=2003&rdm=1252615205509&model=RS6&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2003&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=AUDI&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=91943&advanced=&end_year=2003&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=189&standard=false

droogie5
December 17th, 2009, 17:08
I've heard that about the hartmanns... figured they were worth a shot as most of the problem seems to be with asia-cast wheels. These appear to be german-cast (stamped into the metal) and I'm used to the Chicago pothole slalom. + I have a pretty good wheel straightening shop down the road.

They appear to be really high quality... If budget were no concern, I'd do OEM S5's or forged BBS.

Anyway, you'll all find out how soft they are soon enough :hahahehe:

droogie5
December 17th, 2009, 17:12
This one??? I was watching this one for about a week or more...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=270649523&dealer_id=64759597&car_year=2003&rdm=1252615205509&model=RS6&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2003&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=AUDI&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=91943&advanced=&end_year=2003&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=189&standard=false

Yep. Bad cameraphone pix kept her from selling.

bruce
December 17th, 2009, 17:15
I've heard that about the hartmanns... figured they were worth a shot as most of the problem seems to be with asia-cast wheels. These appear to be german-cast (stamped into the metal) and I'm used to the Chicago pothole slalom. + I have a pretty good wheel straightening shop down the road.

They appear to be really high quality... If budget were no concern, I'd do OEM S5's or forged BBS.

Anyway, you'll all find out how soft they are soon enough :hahahehe:

Friend of mine just bent a aftermarket $1000 rim on his SL55. Guess what? He can't find a replacement so will probably have to buy a whole new set. I'm looking at rims now and thinking I'll buy 5 of em.

droogie5
December 17th, 2009, 17:28
Friend of mine just bent a aftermarket $1000 rim on his SL55. Guess what? He can't find a replacement so will probably have to buy a whole new set. I'm looking at rims now and thinking I'll buy 5 of em.

That's right. I shouldn't be a cheapskate. I should buy a 5th.

Amulet-S6
December 17th, 2009, 17:44
droggie,

Congrat's on the purchase. Post a picture when you get the S6 wheels mounted, I'm interested in that look. I'd call the MTM chips a bonus. You'll appreciate the extra "oomph"

Also, look a couple posts down at the thread titled "Repo man takes it away" He got a set of red tail lights for sale.

Jim
Avus/Black
Kansas City

RS6Steve
December 17th, 2009, 21:51
Just Do It... You will not regret it, mine puts a smile on my face just looking at it. They are fantastic machines.

Yes, they have the quirks, but doesn't every car.

And the respect you get from other road users is fantastic.... Most just Bow to your pressence, or stop and talk to you.

HighCountryRS6
December 17th, 2009, 22:18
I have read (with surprise) about all of the problems you guys have had. Mine is about 36k miles, bought new. The only problem I've ever had is the shock recall. It is the best car I've ever owned - including 2 850's, a C63, an RS4, and a couple of Porsches. Just plain the best all around daily driver out there. Whether you drive it hard or just commute, snow or sun. Oh, and I'm not so sure about Mugello Blue but I know the cruise control in my Avus car works at 150 - mph not kph!

screwscott
December 17th, 2009, 23:05

Well done droogie..that's a good car for 31K!!...You've helped me make up my mind as the local car is a good option for me...24k mi all in sunny Cal with a celebrity heritage plus knowing that the leaks are fixed and I have a world class race repair facility that now knows the car for my future maintenance requirements....extra $$$ involved but it's landed here in Canada with many variables eliminated.
Will touch base with details when officially established as a beast owner.
Thanks to all for your prompt comments.

Spidercat
December 17th, 2009, 23:07
Already have a set of 19" Hartmann S5 replicas, geman-cast, 22 lbs each, correct 23mm offset, waiting to go on.

http://shop.achtuning.com/ProductImages/images/product_images_hartmann/Hartmann_Audi_S5_209.JPG

Was that a typo? You mean 32mm offset?
Are they 8.5 inch wide?

Nice find on the RS6, BTW! I, too, would consider the MTM ECU/TCU a bonus given the level of care that the car appears to have had. Oh, and welcome aboard!

MaxRS6
December 17th, 2009, 23:45
I have read (with surprise) about all of the problems you guys have had. Mine is about 36k miles, bought new. The only problem I've ever had is the shock recall.

really began around the 70K mark. Mine was meticously maintained since new purchase at dealer. However; even with this maintenance, the car required sigificant repairs after the 70K mark (thankfully most covered by warranty) that included

1) Turbos
2) Camshaft
3) Driveshaft
4) Multiple seals and gaskets such as the valve gaskets (expected)
5) EGT sensor
6) ABS module
7) Multiple control arms etc. (expected)
8) Tranny (complete rebuild just completed by IPT)
9) DRC replaced with KW

With all that said, I still can't part with it as it is too much fun to drive when it is right...& right now it is definitely right with the current work that was just completed..:rs6kiss:

screwscott
December 18th, 2009, 23:54
really began around the 70K mark. Mine was meticously maintained since new purchase at dealer. However; even with this maintenance, the car required sigificant repairs after the 70K mark (thankfully most covered by warranty) that included

1) Turbos
2) Camshaft
3) Driveshaft
4) Multiple seals and gaskets such as the valve gaskets (expected)
5) EGT sensor
6) ABS module
7) Multiple control arms etc. (expected)
8) Tranny (complete rebuild just completed by IPT)
9) DRC replaced with KW

With all that said, I still can't part with it as it is too much fun to drive when it is right...& right now it is definitely right with the current work that was just completed..:rs6kiss:

Hi Max...just trying to finalize a deal and become insane beast owner!!Can you explain what you mean by point 9) above...is it K&W coilovers instead of the drc system?Thanks

MaxRS6
December 19th, 2009, 01:19
Hi Max...just trying to finalize a deal and become insane beast owner!!Can you explain what you mean by point 9) above...is it K&W coilovers instead of the drc system?Thanks

ago and haven't looked back. I had constant issues with the DRC, and I"m glad to be rid of it.

Good luck on finding the right one for you!

gdavison
December 19th, 2009, 03:08
I'm Lucky as I live in the UK and we get the C6 ...... love mine ... :)

4everRS
December 19th, 2009, 03:58
I'm Lucky as I live in the UK and we get the C6 ...... love mine ... :)

hmmmm. I can't seem to find the smile icon that gives the finger! J/K You guys are lucky.