PDA

View Full Version : Just took the plunge!

jefferdr
December 14th, 2009, 02:30
Bought a RS6 this morning and I am flying to Colorado on Wednesday to pick it up. 46k miles, just had the timing belt service done, as well as the suspension recall work. What should i know as a new owner and is there anything that I need to do immediately? Can't wait to drive this thing. My first Audi and the first fast car that I have ever purchased.

hahnmgh63
December 14th, 2009, 03:19
Do a search of the archives and you should be able to find the answers to pretty much all of your questions.

mmaturo
December 14th, 2009, 03:34
Do a search of the archives and you should be able to find the answers to pretty much all of your questions.

or just read back the last few months. Trans is the main thing to watch. At your mileage control arms and other bushings will start to go. Otherwise welcome and enjoy. Its a pleasure to drive everyday.

MaxRS6
December 14th, 2009, 03:40
Welcome aboard the crazy train!

R1
December 14th, 2009, 04:10
Bought a RS6 this morning and I am flying to Colorado on Wednesday to pick it up. 46k miles, just had the timing belt service done, as well as the suspension recall work. What should i know as a new owner and is there anything that I need to do immediately? Can't wait to drive this thing. My first Audi and the first fast car that I have ever purchased.

first audi first fast car, you're a very lucky man:incar:

congrats and enjoy:revs:

NSXER
December 14th, 2009, 04:16

Congrats!
I also just bought an RS6 yesterday and will be flying out to pick it up this week....

Brian

Hy Octane
December 14th, 2009, 04:24
<Got Money?>

AUDI5000CSTQ
December 14th, 2009, 05:49
BUY FIDELITY !!!:deal:

DHall1
December 14th, 2009, 13:56
Really?

:hahahehe:

BUY FIDELITY !!!:deal:

rle55
December 14th, 2009, 14:36
hahaha! yup, BUY FIDELITY!

AudiRS4ever
December 14th, 2009, 14:46
Bought a RS6 this morning and I am flying to Colorado on Wednesday to pick it up.

Congratulations on the new ride. Where in Colorado?

jefferdr
December 14th, 2009, 15:16
Owner is meeting me at the Denver airport. Car was between Ft. collins and Denver, I think. Is there any way that I am not going to get a ticket driving back to Alabama from CO? I hope not, but the likelihood is extremely high....lol.

JRS-RS6
December 14th, 2009, 15:23
Owner is meeting me at the Denver airport. Car was between Ft. collins and Denver, I think. Is there any way that I am not going to get a ticket driving back to Alabama from CO? I hope not, but the likelihood is extremely high....lol.

Go through New Mexico! I remember driving my '93 3000GT through NM in '95. I had the cruise control set for two hours at 125 MPH!

DHall1
December 14th, 2009, 15:27
That was before the current budget crisis.

We cant drive down the block without traffic camera pictures in AZ.

Look out brother

Go through New Mexico! I remember driving my '93 3000GT through NM in '95. I had the cruise control set for two hours at 125 MPH!

Ruergard
December 14th, 2009, 16:59
Congratulations!

Don't forget pics... :thumb:

jefferdr
December 14th, 2009, 19:07
Quick additional post.....

Did i make the right decision?

46k miles
60k timing belt service already done
DRC recall work done in October of this year....new method i think
extra pair of bbs rims and tires in addition to oem wheels and tires
1 owner
$28k

vs.

no record of 50k service done
3 owner car
$25k

p3u
December 14th, 2009, 19:13
Is the car red by chance?

You made a good choice.

Too bad you weren't getting it today, I'm driving up to DIA here in an hour or so.

mmaturo
December 14th, 2009, 19:19

Valentine 1 is a highly needed object in an RS6...i don't get on the interstate without it. This car coasts/cruises in the sweet spot at 90 to 95.

Smoky4Ever
December 14th, 2009, 19:19
Congratulations on the new ride. Where in Colorado?

Wheeww I thought it was Manee! :R8kiss:

mmaturo
December 14th, 2009, 19:23

46k miles
1 owner
$28k

vs.

3 owner car
$25k

Better deal as timing belt service is 1700-2600 alone so right there you have a good extra. The additional set of wheels is worth a few $$ and the miles help. Get the Fidelity extended warranty through a dealer NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then all is good. With the extras your price is a very good deal.

DHall1
December 14th, 2009, 19:26
Only if you take advantage of the low mileage and buy the Fidelity ext warranty.

We are on a string of bad transmissions/torque converters. Dont get bitten.

And yes that was a great price. You dont need a major service till 75k

46k miles
1 owner
$28k

vs.

3 owner car
$25k

jefferdr
December 14th, 2009, 19:32
Ok, I have decided to get the warranty. $3430 for 4/60k is the quote that I have gotten directly from Fidelity. My local dealer didn't offer plans through them - they only offer extended service plans on cars that they sell.

bruce
December 14th, 2009, 20:28
Ok, I have decided to get the warranty. $3430 for 4/60k is the quote that I have gotten directly from Fidelity. My local dealer didn't offer plans through them - they only offer extended service plans on cars that they sell.

I don't think you can get it "direct" from Fidelity. I think they will refer you to a dealer for the sale...:deal:

Congrats on the new car. :rs6kiss: I'm on my 2nd one.

jefferdr
December 14th, 2009, 20:36
http://www.fidelityautomotivesolutions.com/quote-request.html

this was the site that I went through. maybe it isn't the same one? Spoke with a girl named Robin.....

bruce
December 14th, 2009, 20:46
http://www.fidelityautomotivesolutions.com/quote-request.html

this was the site that I went through. maybe it isn't the same one? Spoke with a girl named Robin.....

That's the wrong one. Here:
http://www.audiworld.com/pureprotection/content.shtml

See last Paragraph. Need a dealer.

bruce
December 14th, 2009, 20:50
Also check this thread out:

http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19739

DHall1
December 14th, 2009, 20:52
^^ What he said

You need the Audi/Fidelity plan sold thru Audi dealers only.

If your local Audi dealer does not sell it. No big deal. The service WILL take it no questions asked.

You can call any Audi dealer and buy the plan.

Call McDonald Audi in Denver and buy it.

Call Penske Audi in Chandler AZ and buy it.

Amulet-S6
December 14th, 2009, 21:34
Congrat's on the Rs6 purchase. You will find the torque addictive... REMEMBER, it's down hill from Denver. If you need help when passing through Kansas City, give a shout.

Second the aftermarket warranty and Valentine 1 suggestions. All audi's require a bit more maintenance.

Where in Alabama? I grew up in Fairhope, AL.

Jim
Avus/Black
Kansas City

droogie5
December 16th, 2009, 15:03
Tried to snipe it on the last :10, and eBay popped up a box asking for my CC# to place a bid! WTF? :vgrumpy:

You got a great deal, dude. Congrats! I've been looking for an RS6 for six months... I'm going to buy a different RS6 (my first) next week and pay 4k more. Without the BBS wheels.

Did you pick it up? Did you buy a warranty?

DHall1
December 16th, 2009, 15:15
Damn that sucks. It was a good deal if the car is clean. The BBS wheels are a bonus.

Tried to snipe it on the last :10, and eBay popped up a box asking for my CC# to place a bid! WTF? :vgrumpy:

You got a great deal, dude. Congrats! I've been looking for an RS6 for six months... I'm going to buy a different RS6 (my first) next week and pay 4k more. Without the BBS wheels.

Did you pick it up? Did you buy a warranty?

3audis_sofar
December 17th, 2009, 16:52
That's the wrong one. Here:
http://www.audiworld.com/pureprotection/content.shtml

See last Paragraph. Need a dealer.

One caveat: Audi Pure Protection Extended Service Contracts may be purchased on any Audi vehicle as long as any of the original 4 year/50,000 limited manufacturer warranty remains.

What about for a car that is out of original warranty?

bruce
December 17th, 2009, 17:06
One caveat: Audi Pure Protection Extended Service Contracts may be purchased on any Audi vehicle as long as any of the original 4 year/50,000 limited manufacturer warranty remains.

I believe ALL of us are out of the original warranty.

I just bought Fidelity, so I guess they still are selling....

mmaturo
December 17th, 2009, 18:05

I had an offer for the Audi Pure Protection well after my original warranty was history and would have started right as my CPO ended, however the dealer said his cutoff was 75,000 miles which i am now past unfortunately. But it was no problem at 75K miles, what did help though as they have always serviced my car so no inspection etc necessary.

They didn't have a payment plan and i didn't have the $3K so i am off into dangerous waters but at least I just had all the big stuff replaced.