PDA

View Full Version : Dealer scan yields following:

LIRS6
December 13th, 2009, 23:06
"78418 hook up scanner to perform GFF code=P0441 evap emission control system incorrect flow, P0456 evap emission control very small leak detected, KP1453 exhaust temp sensor 1 open/short, P1457 exhaust gas temp sensor 2 open/short, purge valve not holding vacuum needs purge valve, exhaust tem sensor left and right out of factory spec, must order parts"

Can anyone translate the above for a technically-challenged owner?
Is the above relatively minor in nature or ...

Thanks in advance

Shoppinit
December 14th, 2009, 08:16
The evap emission control sounds minor. Probably a perished vacuum tube that's letting air in.

The EGT errors are more worrying, but you don't say whether these are intermittent or solid codes.

I would first fix the evap problem and see if the EGT codes go away when you reset them.

LIRS6
December 14th, 2009, 13:39
The evap emission control sounds minor. Probably a perished vacuum tube that's letting air in.

The EGT errors are more worrying, but you don't say whether these are intermittent or solid codes.

I would first fix the evap problem and see if the EGT codes go away when you reset them.

The EGT Codes were cleared about 5 weeks ago, then returned last week. The dealer did not clear them (Saturday), but the CEL went out on its own y'day (Sunday).

geheibel
March 8th, 2010, 13:29
Hi, I have a CEL issue, dealer says it's failed exhaust temperature sensor, that would cost ~$3500.oo to fix, because of labor to remove motor and transmission.
OUCH! Is this correct? I have to pass inspection in New Jersey this month, and I am not happy to hear about this at all! Any recommendations?

Thanks,
George

LIRS6
March 8th, 2010, 18:04
Hi, I have a CEL issue, dealer says it's failed exhaust temperature sensor, that would cost ~$3500.oo to fix, because of labor to remove motor and transmission.
OUCH! Is this correct? I have to pass inspection in New Jersey this month, and I am not happy to hear about this at all! Any recommendations?

Thanks,
George

My dealer said they were able to change them w/o removing the engine/tranny .. check around

MaxRS6
March 8th, 2010, 20:26
The EGT bank 2 of mine was replaced without removing engine/tranny a few months ago.

Shoppinit
March 8th, 2010, 21:24
Would be interesting to have an idea of how to change it without removing the engine.