PDA

View Full Version : It Keeps dropping in Price

ben916
December 11th, 2009, 18:57
This IS a repost so save it..

It started (on ebay) at the astronomical price of $54k with 18k on the clock.
3weeks ago, it was at $49k.
Today, it is $42k.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=270734914&dealer_id=64769107&car_year=2003&rdm=1252615205509&model=RS6&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2003&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=AUDI&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=91943&advanced=&end_year=2003&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=681&standard=false

RS6-4dr911
December 11th, 2009, 19:48
I even e-mailed the seller and told her if she wanted to sell she was going to have to drop into the 30's if she was serious, gave her some tips on writing the ad as well. Looks like she's slowly coming around. Probably a good car, just needs to get right on price.

Mine was somewhat the same way, they listed it 3-4 times, lowering the Buy it Now price each time, til I finally clicked on it.

DHall1
December 11th, 2009, 23:06
Considering the miles and the ext warranty already in place.

I think 42 is fair if its as nice as stated.

Good luck to them.

AudiRS4ever
December 12th, 2009, 00:13
Considering the miles and the ext warranty already in place.

I think 42 is fair if its as nice as stated.

Good luck to them.

I agree. I was about to ask what price you guys thought it should be. Anything in the 30's becomes unfair to the seller IMHO. How rare is it to see an RS6 totally stock with hardly any miles on it?
Anyway, I really am curious what everyone else thinks. If I was selling it I would ask 45 and take 41-42. JMHO.

ben916
December 12th, 2009, 00:34
I agree. I was about to ask what price you guys thought it should be. Anything in the 30's becomes unfair to the seller IMHO. How rare is it to see an RS6 totally stock with hardly any miles on it?
Anyway, I really am curious what everyone else thinks. If I was selling it I would ask 45 and take 41-42. JMHO.

Yes, it is a fair price, I think

much less and someone is stealing it

Born2be
December 12th, 2009, 04:02
Just FYI, the car has multiple minor dings, dents, scratches, etc. DRC not completed.

Nice lady and her service rep equally forthcoming and honest. Original price was based on what her huband had seen historically originally listed thruout the web based on the mileage...actual selling price notwithstanding.

W>

DHall1
December 12th, 2009, 04:24
Nice information. Thanks

That area of the country has weather issues and depending on the driving habits of the owner you will have many wear issues. Chips, nicks, scrapes.

Even if she never drove it in the winter....the cinders and sand are on the road always. That $hit tears up cars when driven at hwy speeds.

Just FYI, the car has multiple minor dings, dents, scratches, etc. DRC not completed.

Nice lady and her service rep equally forthcoming and honest. Original price was based on what her huband had seen historically originally listed thruout the web based on the mileage...actual selling price notwithstanding.

W>

ben916
December 12th, 2009, 04:34

W>

Um.... did you fail to mention SOMETHING????

Mugello Blue???

RS6-4dr911
December 12th, 2009, 05:25
Um.... did you fail to mention SOMETHING????

Mugello Blue???

Are we looking at the same car? Isn't that Avus Silver?

Born2be
December 12th, 2009, 14:28
LOL...no, Ben (who apparently doesn't miss a thing) is referring to the new addition to my signature :rs6kiss:

I am flying up to San Jose in 30 minutes to pick it up and drive it back to its new home here in Escondido:incar:

Details to follow :addict:

W>

uncfrk
December 12th, 2009, 17:30
Congrates --- Great car at a Great price if it is as it seems.

Born2be
December 13th, 2009, 03:24
No, I didn't buy the car being discussed; a different one. Once it stops raining here I'll clean things up and post pix.

W>

ben916
December 13th, 2009, 05:14
No, I didn't buy the car being discussed; a different one. Once it stops raining here I'll clean things up and post pix.

W>

look out for the trees falling, there were two around here with a collection of power lines....

Holiday
December 13th, 2009, 13:09
LOL...no, Ben (who apparently doesn't miss a thing) is referring to the new addition to my signature :rs6kiss:

I am flying up to San Jose in 30 minutes to pick it up and drive it back to its new home here in Escondido:incar:

Details to follow :addict:

W>

Great news- yet another SoCal RS6. Congrats! :0:

JRS-RS6
December 13th, 2009, 13:16

I noticed this one a while ago too and have been watching it. I prefer the black interior to white. What is the electronic display in front of the key in this picture (5th pic of 7 in ad) of the car being dicsussed in this thread: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/img_popup.jsp?car_id=270734914&photoIndex=4&isStock=false

I got my car with 35,400 miles for <30K almost totaly stock and purchased a 4 year/ 48K miles warranty. The DRC was just done and the Timing belt was done in February. It also supposedly has GIAC ECU (Engine and Trans) done by AWE. AWE and GIAC confirm the VIN as being done by the dealer where I bought it.

RS6-4dr911
December 13th, 2009, 14:50
Although I'd like to think those that feel the car is fairly priced are right (makes me feel warm and fuzzy believing my car is not underwater) I think the example of your recent purchase is closer to the real value of this one. The miles are low, but as most know, too few miles can almost be as bad as too many. This one's that that low, but I still think low to mid 30's is where it will end up moving.

The display is the aftermarket Bluetooth adapter - a detraction in value in my opinion.

Born2be
December 13th, 2009, 15:22
Also, service rep had recommended 35k service due to the age of the vehicle (he said he would do it for $1800) but the owners declined. Brakes are good, tires at 50%. Interior good.

I'm going to drive my newly acquired beast up the 78 to Ramona right now...freakin' wet roads will limit my fun though.

W>

bruce
December 13th, 2009, 22:03
...freakin' wet roads will limit my fun though.

W>

^^^^^^^^^noob :incar: :rs6kiss:

Born2be
December 14th, 2009, 00:38
Are you familiar with the run up the hill on the 78???

W>

AUDI5000CSTQ
December 14th, 2009, 06:51
Ben,Holiday,Born2be
When are we getting together?
Now two blue RS6 in north county.:addict:
BTW just added a Bronco to the stables.
See attachment
downturn has brought some great buys on cars.

DHall1
December 14th, 2009, 13:59
That is sweet! Damn

Now that picture is not from Socal. Where did you find it?

Ben,Holiday,Born2be
See attachment

AUDI5000CSTQ
December 14th, 2009, 14:26
EBAY, waterford MI
Now if I can just get the shipping company to pick up and deliver, its been 2 weeks.

ben916
December 14th, 2009, 17:14
Ben,Holiday,Born2be
See attachment

Looks like some fun!

Finding a nicely restored Bronco with some updates to things is hard to do AND not cheap.

AUDI5000CSTQ
December 14th, 2009, 17:37
DHALL
Thanks for DVN, up 3.5+ today
Bought DVNAV on the way down at .85, .70, .55
Sold all at $1.55 today.
Not bad for a week.
Paid for half the Bronco and its not even here yet.
Hey, good luck on the second RS6.
Sounds like a good time for it but I need to still add 64 Falcon and a 67 firebird 400 with hood tack.:lovl:

DHall1
December 14th, 2009, 19:37
62.50 was the support that held last week. No brainer but you still need the balls.

You mean the "AN's" right? Jan 70s

:) LM's were even better.

Gap was a nice one.

AUDI5000CSTQ
December 14th, 2009, 22:59
DHALL,
Yes "AN's", and you question if I have the Balls?
Who was riding your A$$ up to Juliun?:cool2:

DHall1
December 15th, 2009, 00:46
Whats that old Roxette song?

He's got the :harass:balls or something like that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFgCLJE9QPw

Oh yeah, she's got the look. :doh: Close enough

LOL

DHALL,
Yes "AN's", and you question if I have the Balls?
Who was riding your A$$ up to Juliun?:cool2:

Born2be
January 17th, 2010, 21:23
Just curious if anyone knows if this car sold?

W>

melsas
January 20th, 2010, 03:22
Back on ebay at 39.5K.

ben916
January 20th, 2010, 04:15
Back on ebay at 39.5K.

yep....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AVUS-SILVER-18-5K-PAMPERED-MILES-EXCELLENT-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ150406977962QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ US_Cars_Trucks?hash=item2304f459aa