PDA

View Full Version : chipped?

rle55
December 11th, 2009, 04:58
Hi All,

I just bought an RS6 and would like to know if there is a way to find out if the car is chipped or not?

contact the dealer where it was serviced from day one but the service manager won't tell me... although he faxed me 22 pages of service records on the car...he also said he knew the car...and it was in great shape and last time he saw it we some very highend rims...???

also bought the extended warranty through the dealer where it was service, (thanks Dhall...)

the car has speedtechnik sticker at fender..., has Eisenmann full exhaust, and Hsport sway bars, DRC has been done, new brakes and rotors done at 36k miles (car has 41k noww) -

if i find out the car is not chipped, should i still keep the exhaust? or should i sell and put oem's

hope anyone can share and help...

thanks!
Ronnie

DHall1
December 11th, 2009, 05:30
Vagcom data log block 115. Post the results. Your logging boost....if its at or over 15psi...your chipped.

Are you sure the full exhaust has been changed? pics?

Hi All,

I just bought an RS6 and would like to know if there is a way to find out if the car is chipped or not?

contact the dealer where it was serviced from day one but the service manager won't tell me... although he faxed me 22 pages of service records on the car...he also said he knew the car...and it was in great shape and last time he saw it we some very highend rims...???

also bought the extended warranty through the dealer where it was service, (thanks Dhall...)

the car has speedtechnik sticker at fender..., has Eisenmann full exhaust, and Hsport sway bars, DRC has been done, new brakes and rotors done at 36k miles (car has 41k noww) -

if i find out the car is not chipped, should i still keep the exhaust? or should i sell and put oem's

hope anyone can share and help...

thanks!
Ronnie

rle55
December 11th, 2009, 13:26
thanks dhall. i will take pics tonight of full exhaust. as far as vagcom anybody in the area i can borrow? or should i get one? how much do they cost and do i really need it?

AudiRS4ever
December 11th, 2009, 14:12
or should i get one? how much do they cost and do i really need it?

I don't think you can own an RS6 without one. They come in very handy, as you're seeing from various posts where we need to clear faults, or reprogram. Definitely a must for your Christmas list this year. :race:

hahnmgh63
December 11th, 2009, 14:18
I second AudiRS4ever about the Vagcom, and not just for the RS6. If you own other Audi/VW cars that are '96-on the Vagcom will work, some back as far as '92 with a 2x2 cable adapter. I drive a 225bhp tt roadster as a daily driver and use the Vagcom on it too, not just for Mx & code reading but their are some cool adaption features in Vagcom too.

bruce
December 11th, 2009, 17:34
I don't think you can own an RS6 without one. They come in very handy, as you're seeing from various posts where we need to clear faults, or reprogram. Definitely a must for your Christmas list this year. :race:

Santa has already shipped mine and it's on the sleigh now.

I must have been a good boy...

terrytcl
December 11th, 2009, 17:37
thanks dhall. i will take pics tonight of full exhaust. as far as vagcom anybody in the area i can borrow? or should i get one? how much do they cost and do i really need it?

what area would that be?

uncfrk
December 11th, 2009, 22:53
I have one in Iowa. (Land of the giant snow drift)

papadoc
December 12th, 2009, 03:46
Turn ignition key on without starting the car, and hold in the button on cruise control for over 5 seconds. If APR chip is installed, you will see the CEL flashing; one flash separated for a second for stock, two flashes for 91 octane chipped, 3 for 93 octane, etc. If you don't see this, you don't have an APR chip, and you should then get one! :0:

ben916
December 12th, 2009, 04:38
Turn ignition key on without starting the car, and hold in the button on cruise control for over 5 seconds. If APR chip is installed, you will see the CEL flashing; one flash separated for a second for stock, two flashes for 91 octane chipped, 3 for 93 octane, etc. If you don't see this, you don't have an APR chip, and you should then get one! :0:

excellent info!

Shoppinit
December 12th, 2009, 08:40
I have seen the ECU interrogated using vagcom to access a counter of ECU flashes. This was done on my car to see if it had ever been chipped. I can't for the life of me find out how to do it myself though, even though I saw it done with my own eyes.