PDA

View Full Version : Turns are not for S4 and RS4?????

Lennart Jarmyr
December 4th, 2002, 14:05
I talked to the owner of this yellow RS4 on the picture when I was at the Ring in November.
He hade changed exhaust, and now in the winter he would get more power in the engine, he told me.

This day when I talked to him the track was wet and slippery, so I said: today it must be great to drive this car aurond the Ring.
No, he said, the car is too heavy so I have great problems to take the corners when the track is wet.

This is what my freinds always told me, when I've said I'd like to drive an S4 at the Ring. "S4 is for the Autobahn, not for the Ring":mad:
Iwas so disappointed when the RS4 owner told me the same thing, as my friends. Audi is too heavy in the front when the road turns.:cry:
Lelle

Nrn
December 4th, 2002, 14:21
Ge some nice caoilovers from Hohenester and it will work fine on the ring! ;) At least the TT:s handling abilitys increases greatly with only a good set of coilovers!

The swedish magazine bilsport had a test with the TT in the superstage and it improved from 1.35.5 to 1.30.5 with only new brakes a coiloverset and a powerincrease less than 35bhp.

Regards /Nicke

Erik
December 4th, 2002, 14:29
Well it is no secret the M3 is a little faster on track.
quattro has its advantages and disadvantages, it adds weight but also adds a lot of traction.

The RS6 has a weight distribution of 40/60 while the M5 is more like 48/52 just as a reference. Not sure about the RS4 vs. M3 but it would be similar I guess.

zonek
December 9th, 2002, 21:05
The M5 may be a reference, but all the tests I have read comparing the M5 and the RS6 show that the RS6 does better in a track than the M5. It simply goes quicker in curves.
Even if the same tests show that the M5 accelerates faster at least until 200 km/h. So the RS6 definitely handles better in turns.

As for RS4 I guess if you compare it with a lighter car (like a Lotus Elise) or a Porsche, you may be disapointed... but on the track it is not ridiculous compared with similar cars that you can also drive every day, like the M3, also quite heavy.

The S4 is still quite different from the RS4, and I agree the standard S4 is more for the Autobahn... not talking about the brakes, I simply wouldn't dare to try mine on a track.

However with better brakes, and arround 60 mm lowered with KW suspensions as what I have, I would give it a try... in curves has so much grip, and it is well balanced... and when it's raining you can accelerate really quickly without any feeling of loss power... so I think with the torque it has (more than the RS4 at low rev)... it would have a chance. But it would remain a 1,6 T. car, quite heavy for the track in comparison with lighter cars with less HP.

But in the daily life, on the nice streets... and on the German Autobahns, the S4 is so much fun... even when it's raining.
I still do not find a better compromise either by BMW or any Japanese car.

johann
December 10th, 2002, 23:40
Originally posted by Erik B
Well it is no secret the M3 is a little faster on track.
quattro has its advantages and disadvantages, it adds weight but also adds a lot of traction.

The RS6 has a weight distribution of 40/60 while the M5 is more like 48/52 just as a reference. Not sure about the RS4 vs. M3 but it would be similar I guess.

I don't know why the M3 came up in this thread, is it because it is so good? ;)

Anyway, the RS4 has a weight distribution of 60/40 and the M3 49/51. Even without AWD that suppsosedly adds traction (and it does add a lot when it's not dry) the M3 is faster around Nordschleife as well as around Hockenheim and is also quite a bit faster in slalom and moose test. The RS4 is clearly faster in when it comes straigh line performance though.

One shouldn't take the Sport Auto tests as written in stone and I think the M3 and RS4 as well as the M5 and RS6 are all great cars. :)

One thing I find strange is that the RS6 is faster than the M5 on Nordschleife but not on Hockenheim. The latter is where handling counts most so the M5 may have similar handling but it also has better straight line performance than the RS6 and with similar handling and better straight line performance it should be faster than the RS6 on Nordschleife, right? :confused:

Cheers,
/Johan

Porsche_Carrera
December 17th, 2002, 14:13
why you compare always the S4, RS4 to the M3 , let's get to serious things...
Get a Porsche, then compare!:alig:

Well, i agree, the price...:rolleyes:

Reno
December 17th, 2002, 18:50
i'm sure you can have a lot of fun with RS4's on a track as well,
owkay, they tend to understeer a lot more, but that's a lot safer for most of the occasional "track-drivers". Last summer at the nurburgring i saw an M3-driver (who obviously didn't had al lot of experience) crash his car because he couldn't control his oversteering car.:D :D i don't get whats so much more fun about that???....... perhaps for the people that are watching:D :D

Btw, RS4's do oversteer (i got proof of that!:byeM5: )
:rs4addict

Erik
December 18th, 2002, 16:53
Who said the RS4 can't oversteer? :hihi:

Edit, sorry direct link doesn't work and it's a little bit hard to find if you can't read swedish.

RS4 oversteer...2.2Mb mpeg (http://www.nordicaudi.com/media/filmer/filmer/privata/010214_rs4/RS4_intro.mpeg)

Reno
December 18th, 2002, 16:57
damn, Link doesn't work :error:

remedy
December 18th, 2002, 17:27
Yes it does. :) Very well too, got about 2,5Mbyte/s from it. NordicAudi is a good site too, BTW.

Reno
December 18th, 2002, 17:51
then I'm the problem (very good possible because I'm not that good with computers) it says "direct acces forbidden"
do you have to subscribe or something to view it?

Erik
December 18th, 2002, 17:58
It is correct that NordicAudi doesn't allow direct links. However it seems to have worked for someone?

In any case a 2.2 Mb file with similar driving to the pic above.

remedy
December 18th, 2002, 18:03
Yes, works fine for me. Strange...

johann
December 18th, 2002, 18:04
Originally posted by Reno
i'm sure you can have a lot of fun with RS4's on a track as well,
owkay, they tend to understeer a lot more, but that's a lot safer for most of the occasional "track-drivers". Last summer at the nurburgring i saw an M3-driver (who obviously didn't had al lot of experience) crash his car because he couldn't control his oversteering car.:D :D i don't get whats so much more fun about that???....... perhaps for the people that are watching:D :D

Btw, RS4's do oversteer (i got proof of that!:byeM5: )

What's fun with someone crashing his car? :confused:

johann
December 18th, 2002, 18:08
Originally posted by Porsche_Carrera
why you compare always the S4, RS4 to the M3 , let's get to serious things...
Get a Porsche, then compare!:alig:

Well, i agree, the price...:rolleyes:

Like I said: I don't know why the M3 came up in this thread, is it because it is so good? ;)

With R compund tires on my car I am much faster than a 996 C2 or C4 and they can't use them since the engine will suffer from oil distribution problems and eventually break down (much like the M3 :()

But the GT3! :eek:

:cheers:,
/Johan

Reno
December 18th, 2002, 18:24
Originally posted by johann

What's fun with someone crashing his car? :confused:

that's the point, and as for spectators off course not in every situation, here, it was very obvious that nobody could have got injured. the driver was just very clumsy.
(it was just funny,every single spectator in the corner where i was standing was laughing)

Nrn
December 18th, 2002, 18:32
It is correct that NordicAudi doesn't allow direct links. However it seems to have worked for someone?

In any case a 2.2 Mb file with similar driving to the pic above.
It works for me now if u pick "save target as" and download it!

My misstake :bow:

:roll:

BR /Nicke

johann
December 18th, 2002, 18:32

that's the point, and as for spectators off course not in every situation, here, it was very obvious that nobody could have got injured. the driver was just very clumsy.
(it was just funny,every single spectator in the corner where i was standing was laughing)

Brünnchen?

I've seen quite a few Audis crash at the Ring, some RS4, and I still don't see your point. Next time it could happen to you (or me).

I think most people standing there watching reminds of vultures especially the ones that never drive themself.

I can see that people laugh out of relief but to laugh at someone that just destroyed his car is just low IMO.

OK, I admit it can be fun to watch. :)

Reno
December 18th, 2002, 20:39

Brünnchen?

I've seen quite a few Audis crash at the Ring, some RS4, and I still don't see your point. Next time it could happen to you (or me).

I think most people standing there watching reminds of vultures especially the ones that never drive themself.

I can see that people laugh out of relief but to laugh at someone that just destroyed his car is just low IMO.

OK, I admit it can be fun to watch. :)

Yep, brunnchen, and you're right it's kind of low(but i think it's some kind of a human reaction to laugh at people falling or crashing or whatever. cfr funniest homevideo's etc.)! and indeed, I saw some pictures off badly damaged audi's too, after there "sortie" at the Ring. My point (i have to agree again) wasn't very clear. i will give it another try; people say that BMW's are more fun to drive, i believe they do, but that's very relative, they do but only for people who already have some experience. occasional track drivers might get surprised, lose control, and crash as a result , and what is then so much more fun about that?
owkay even RS4's crash but on average i think its four-wheel drive makes it a lot easier to handle (i might be wrong because i've never actually driven one of these cars:( but i've read a lot of things about them)

Reno
December 18th, 2002, 20:56
Wow!!! I managed to download that movie, it's indeed the same car as on that picture. it's amazing, it seems like they do a "360-burnout" as well, i never thought that could be possible with four-wheel drive:confused: !!

Yet more then ever :rs4addict

johann
December 18th, 2002, 22:44
My point (i have to agree again) wasn't very clear. i will give it another try; people say that BMW's are more fun to drive, i believe they do, but that's very relative, they do but only for people who already have some experience. occasional track drivers might get surprised, lose control, and crash as a result , and what is then so much more fun about that?
owkay even RS4's crash but on average i think its four-wheel drive makes it a lot easier to handle (i might be wrong because i've never actually driven one of these cars:( but i've read a lot of things about them)

I don't think one can generalize and say that a BMW is more fun than an Audi and vice versa. But if I generalize I would say that a BMW is more involving and has a better steering feeling than Audi.

I think both the M3 and the RS4 has enough power to get a driver into problems if he doesn't know what he is doing on or off track. But both have good stability systems (ESP/DSC) and with that enabled both are pretty safe to drive. In fact I would say it is virtually impossible to get the rear out (too much) with DSC or ESP enabled, you can still get into trouble though.

If you disable these systems it is possible to spin off with both cars when driven on the limit, easiser in the M3 since you can also get the rear out with too much throttle application if you don't watch out. But still the M3 is no oversteering monster, it's almost neutral an can be balanced between oversteer and understeer with just small changes of throttle adjustments.

If we move over to wet surface or even snow and ice, the RS4 will have a clear advantage but if you push it too the limit it, get scared and let go off the gas it will punish you in the same way as the M3 only the limit is much further away when traction is limited.

So I guess you are right when you say that the M3 demands more from the driver, but only when driven on the limit because it can be tailhappy where the RS4 will understeer in most cases. I know what I prefer. :)

Cheers,
/Johan

Reno
December 19th, 2002, 10:08
I guess we have an agreement!:cheers:
you know what, i'll just take them both:)
A M3 (csl?) for the weekend , and a RS4 for during the week:incar:

krm
December 19th, 2002, 16:47

A M3 (csl?) for the weekend , and a RS4 for during the week:incar:

make that the two of us! :incar: :race: :incar:

scoop
December 19th, 2002, 23:14
Wow!!! I managed to download that movie, it's indeed the same car as on that picture. it's amazing, it seems like they do a "360-burnout" as well, i never thought that could be possible with four-wheel drive:confused: !!

Well, it's quite possible. See <a href="http://scoop.kicks-ass.net:81/~scoop/Audi%20Quattro%20burnout.mpg">this video</a>. :360:

Reno
December 20th, 2002, 13:38
Owkay, that's clear!:hihi: i hope his tyres were about to be replaced, if not they will have to now:D

Erik
December 20th, 2002, 15:43
Originally posted by scoop
Well, it's quite possible. See <a href="http://scoop.kicks-ass.net:81/~scoop/Audi%20Quattro%20burnout.mpg">this video</a>. :360:

That's Dahlbacks sport quattro :bigeyes:

http://www.dahlbackracing.se

scoop
December 20th, 2002, 17:39
Here's another: <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/patricklenz/rs4-tg-full.mpeg">Download Video</a>

That's Tiff Needell from Top Gear wrestling with the RS4 on a UK race track. Worth a shot

Reno
December 21st, 2002, 12:44
Yep, that's one of my favourites!! tiff:incar: needell rules!
the one testing the M3 is also great, especially the end:hihi:

Porsche_Carrera
December 21st, 2002, 17:45

Like I said: I don't know why the M3 came up in this thread, is it because it is so good? ;)

With R compund tires on my car I am much faster than a 996 C2 or C4 and they can't use them since the engine will suffer from oil distribution problems and eventually break down (much like the M3 :()

But the GT3! :eek:

:cheers:,
/Johan

hello Johann...:error:
I don't know where you read that.. about the 996, there where a few only cases where that problem happens, but, far, far to be a generality. porsches are bullet proof. Whit mine never had that kind of problem.
Why to be faster, if after the end line you have to brake like a mad, other wise your family size car get crashed.
remember this : always after a straight line there's a ? TURN :roll:
Then the Porsche says .goodbye! :p
Also i found annoying the drag racing..in those racings of course you will be faster...but who cares!.
About the M3, it seems to be un unreliable car, BMW put a high end power machine in a chassis of 3 series...:rolleyes: So a lot of problems coming.

regards.

PS: This said, i'm looking for a family car since i have a baby, So i 'll sell the Porsche then get a S4. :vsad2: I have to find a solution...

johann
December 21st, 2002, 21:47

hello Johann...:error:
I don't know where you read that.. about the 996, there where a few only cases where that problem happens, but, far, far to be a generality. porsches are bullet proof. Whit mine never had that kind of problem.
Why to be faster, if after the end line you have to brake like a mad, other wise your family size car get crashed.
remember this : always after a straight line there's a ? TURN :roll:
Then the Porsche says .goodbye! :p
Also i found annoying the drag racing..in those racings of course you will be faster...but who cares!.
About the M3, it seems to be un unreliable car, BMW put a high end power machine in a chassis of 3 series...:rolleyes: So a lot of problems coming.

regards.

You have no idea what R-compound tires are nor do you drive on tracks do you? :rolleyes:

Reno
December 22nd, 2002, 17:51
Johann, i've just seen a movie of you racing the nurburgring!!
that was very impressive:0: :bow:
you sure know how to handle your car:incar:

this movie is really great;Johann M3 @ Ring (http://www.boost-o-holics.com/video/falco/1409/1409johann.wmv)
(found this one on bmwm5.com (http://www.bmwm5.com) )

Porsche_Carrera
December 22nd, 2002, 21:50

You have no idea what R-compound tires are nor do you drive on tracks do you? :rolleyes:
Oh ! yes I know! teacher! for. ex a Toyo T1-S would be good but... it will not change the world. and yes ! i did tracks.:devil: about that i EAT a white a M3, the guy still have night mares!:Ill:
But i'm not a good driver.
I would like to drive a turbo or a GT3 but the skills of the driver have to follow. you know dear Johann Tyres are not All the solution. You will need MUCH MUCH more than that..

best regards and happy new year.

Reno
December 25th, 2002, 13:06
this image says enough:vsad:

johann
December 28th, 2002, 07:04

Oh ! yes I know! teacher! for. ex a Toyo T1-S would be good but... it will not change the world. and yes ! i did tracks.:devil: about that i EAT a white a M3, the guy still have night mares!:Ill:
But i'm not a good driver.
I would like to drive a turbo or a GT3 but the skills of the driver have to follow. you know dear Johann Tyres are not All the solution. You will need MUCH MUCH more than that..

best regards and happy new year.

You have much to learn.

Too start with tires make a HUGE difference. On a typical GP circuit it's at least 5 s per lap, that is an enormous difference. On a track like Nordschleife it's makes more than 10 s more than enough to make an E46 M3 a lot faster on a typical race track as well as NS than a 996 Carrera.

2nd, the 996 with the exception of GT3, Turbo and GT2 can not be drivfen on a track with R Compound tires since the wet sump oil system can not provide the engine with enough oil with the added corner speed given by the better grip, Therefore R compund tires are not allowed on the 996 Carreras. All Porsche track enthusiasts knows this, clearly you are not one of those.

3rd. Just because you managed to be faster than ONE M3 on a track yo can't conlcude anything from it that he probably was an even worse driver than you. You even say it yourself that you're not a good driver, so clearly your car wasn't driven to it limits and not was the M3 because a well-driven M3 will blow a poor or average-driven 996 away. ;)

4th, Ever heard of 993 RS? That Porsche will run circles around your 996 no matter wheter it is on Autobahn or on a track. The Porsche on the video to follow is a 993 RS on R-tires driven by a guy who even races. It is filmed from inside of my M3.
http://london.leanback.se/bil/filmer/E46M3vs993RS.wmv

I think you should spend more time on tracks instead of reading your Porsche fan club magazine so you learn a thing or two about real life. Yes Porsche build some great cars but they are not invencible, at least not the standard Carrera.

:cheers:
/Johan

johann
December 28th, 2002, 07:09
Johann, i've just seen a movie of you racing the nurburgring!!
that was very impressive:0: :bow:
you sure know how to handle your car:incar:

Thanks! :)

It was a fun lap but not a very good lap, the line is far from perfect in many places and also we (me and my friend in the yellow 964 RS) both have passengers so we don't drive max.
Taking that and the traffic into a consideration I am quite suprised that it was that fast, 8.39 BTG.

I've driven 35 s faster than, no need to say with a lot less traffic. Still I think there is another 10s to be gained with some (i.e. a lot) more practice. :)

/Johan

Porsche_Carrera
December 28th, 2002, 15:41
of course this wil run in circles around mine but

You have much to learn.

Too start with tires make a HUGE difference. On a typical GP circuit it's at least 5 s per lap, that is an enormous difference. On a track like Nordschleife it's makes more than 10 s more than enough to make an E46 M3 a lot faster on a typical race track as well as NS than a 996 Carrera.

2nd, the 996 with the exception of GT3, Turbo and GT2 can not be drivfen on a track with R Compound tires since the wet sump oil system can not provide the engine with enough oil with the added corner speed given by the better grip, Therefore R compund tires are not allowed on the 996 Carreras. All Porsche track enthusiasts knows this, clearly you are not one of those.

3rd. Just because you managed to be faster than ONE M3 on a track yo can't conlcude anything from it that he probably was an even worse driver than you. You even say it yourself that you're not a good driver, so clearly your car wasn't driven to it limits and not was the M3 because a well-driven M3 will blow a poor or average-driven 996 away. ;)

4th, Ever heard of 993 RS? That Porsche will run circles around your 996 no matter wheter it is on Autobahn or on a track. The Porsche on the video to follow is a 993 RS on R-tires driven by a guy who even races. It is filmed from inside of my M3.
http://london.leanback.se/bil/filmer/E46M3vs993RS.wmv

I think you should spend more time on tracks instead of reading your Porsche fan club magazine so you learn a thing or two about real life. Yes Porsche build some great cars but they are not invencible, at least not the standard Carrera.

/Johan :D
With pleasure i answer your funny points! (Sorry the expert ;))

You think your car can suppot a r-tyres sinces the chassis of your car is not designed as sport car but a 3 series normal chassis?
The answer is ...?( I would not do it since i would like to keep my car running!! ):Ill:
To your 2nd point:
why you make exceptions (GT3, TT and GT2)since you are talking of the top of the brands's car? ( M3 top from 3 series). You started to compare :error: I'm not sure about the wet sump oil .Even that seems not to be exactly.
So let's compare apples with apples and on and on!! ;). So what about your 3 car series against ..come on why not f.ex a GT2 ...:)))) upss... :error:
To your 3 point:
the guy from the White M3 said that he runs as a proffessional driver from the BMW club from Netherlands!. ...so...
I ATE that car so sorry to disapoint you ;)..
And i would say exactly the same as you, a 996 well driven, can do much better than me. and give a lesson to some big mouths around..since they want that..
4 TH :
Ever heard about the 993RS ?? never!LOL! never as the BM318 i ;). I can't believe you that this guy races this 993RS, in your video, it looks like in slow motion, even my grand mother could drive it fast! Note the 993 how he brakes too late and too much before the corners, and the distance when he gets the internal side of the corners. Also from the noise of your car is no at the top of high end RPM . even the oposite..so...

I should advice you the same as you since all the information that you get is not completed, erroneus even based on some details, and not whole thing. And the comment about the real live !! that's the best one...!never said The carrera was invencible , it was you!;)
sorry Michael Schumaher...

Happy hollydays.
And waiting impatiently for your answer. LOL!

johann
December 28th, 2002, 17:48
You think your car can suppot a r-tyres sinces the chassis of your car is not designed as sport car but a 3 series normal chassis?

If you really think that all M Gmbh do is to put a bigger engine in a normal 3 serie car, tham ignorance muts be a blizz for you.

why you make exceptions (GT3, TT and GT2)since you are talking of the top of the brands's car? ( M3 top from 3 series).

Well Mr Einstein could it have something to dow with the fact that you brought Porsche up in the first place, that you own a C4 (or at least claim to own one), that we were discussing weaknesses of the oil distrubution on the normal Carreras, etc.? ;)

You started to compare

No, You did!

"why you compare always the S4, RS4 to the M3 , let's get to serious things...
Get a Porsche, then compare!"
Are you so ignorant that you don't even remember what you wrote?

I'm not sure about the wet sump oil .Even that seems not to be exactly.

Ignorance is a blizz. :rolleyes:

So let's compare apples with apples and on and on!! ;). So what about your 3 car series against ..come on why not f.ex a GT2 ...:

If we should compare apples to apples the E46 M3 should be compared to the Carrera. Comparing it to the GT2 is unfair since the GT2 is made as a pure tarck car and the M3 (or the Carrera) is not. Also the GT2 costs about 3 times as much. If you really want to compare the GT2 to an BMW it should ne compared to the M3 GTR but that is not fair since the GTR is a race car. For the record the GT3 was 30 s faster around NS. ;)

the guy from the White M3 said that he runs as a proffessional driver from the BMW club from Netherlands!. ...so...
I ATE that car so sorry to disapoint you ;)..

At which track was this? Any video, lap times, photage to support your claim?
Are you sure he wasn't driving a 316i? :haha: You surely don't seem to know the difference.
If you really think a poorly driven C4 will blow an M3 driven by a proffessonal race driver away you surely are the most ignorant person I've ever "met".

I can't believe you that this guy races this 993RS, in your video, it looks like in slow motion, even my grand mother could drive it fast!

If you look at any lap from a well driven car you will realize that it looks slow, the reason is because it is smooth which is the key to be fast. Sliding all over the place and going sideways may look impressive but it surely isn't the fastest way around a track.
If you were a good track driver you would know.

Note the 993 how he brakes too late and too much before the corners, and the distance when he gets the internal side of the corners.

How can you judge that when you haven't been on that perticular track?

Also from the noise of your car is no at the top of high end RPM . even the oposite..so..

I guess you know better than my rev meter since I stayed above 5000 rpm all that time and at some stages hit 8000 rpm.
Agian, ignorance is a blizz for you.

I should advice you the same as you since all the information that you get is not completed, erroneus even based on some details, and not whole thing.

Which infomation was incomplete, erroneus or taken out of its context?

never said The carrera was invencible , it was you!;)

What about these quotes then?

why you compare always the S4, RS4 to the M3 , let's get to serious things... Get a Porsche, then compare
or
remember this : always after a straight line there's a ? TURN

No, you brought it up and also it had nothing to do with the topic of the thread nor with the discussion foing on. Not very constructual, like the rest you write...

sorry Michael Schumaher...
I prefer to be called Fangio. :haha:

While we're on the subject, Sport Auto has testedthe C4 as well as the M3. The M3 had better brakes, faster acceleration to 200 km/h, better lap time at NS, better in gear acceleration, was faster in slalom, etc, etc. Not bad for a family 3 series to beat such a pure sports car as the Carrera. ;) Not to mention the fact that it beat the helll out of the Carrera in Evo's Car of the year last year, mainly because it was so much more fun than the Carrerra. Go figure! hiha

Did I forget to tell that you can drive the E46 M3 on R Compund tires so it will run circles around a C4 on any track. :hihi:

Erik
December 28th, 2002, 17:59
I'm not sure about the wet sump oil .Even that seems not to be exactly.

This is a well know fact that some Porsche models cannot use R-tyres on track. This is to prevent the engine from being damaged.
Quite strange actually.

Porsche_Carrera
December 29th, 2002, 19:02
..Blah-blah, :rolleyes:

I keep what i said,
then it would be better to see all this at the track, i will be with some friends of the Club Porsche from Basel CH. the 22 february in Nurburbring, can you come? or the 29 march in Magny cours France.
A friend tell me, Some M3's guys are well known to have a big mouth but nothing inside the pants..;)
So, Is Better fact than words . :) .
I would be so happy to see you. ;) .
bye.

scoop
December 29th, 2002, 19:08
*sigh* Can't we just all get along? :eye:

Reno
December 29th, 2002, 19:11
Apparently not, just:cheers:

Porsche_Carrera
December 29th, 2002, 19:24

This is a well know fact that some Porsche models cannot use R-tyres on track. This is to prevent the engine from being damaged.
Quite strange actually.

You're right erik some models as the Boxster f. ex. :cheers:
Even though i saw one at the track with this R-tyres, In Dijon France , but it seemed to be prepared by Gemballa.
Very impresive though.

johann
December 29th, 2002, 21:37
..Blah-blah, :rolleyes:

I keep what i said,
then it would be better to see all this at the track, i will be with some friends of the Club Porsche from Basel CH. the 22 february in Nurburbring, can you come? or the 29 march in Magny cours France.
A friend tell me, Some M3's guys are well known to have a big mouth but nothing inside the pants..;)
So, Is Better fact than words . :) .
I would be so happy to see you. ;) .
bye.

I'll be at Nürburgring during Eastern, I'll be happy to race you there at that time. :)

Not that it is fair, since it will be like stealing candy from a baby. :hihi:

Well maybe some M3 guys have nothing inside their pants but better than then nothing inside their head. ;)

BTW, Which infomation was incomplete, erroneus or taken out of its context?

Cheers,
/Johan

Porsche_Carrera
December 31st, 2002, 13:21

I'll be at Nürburgring during Eastern, I'll be happy to race you there at that time. :)

Not that it is fair, since it will be like stealing candy from a baby. :hihi:

Well maybe some M3 guys have nothing inside their pants but better than then nothing inside their head. ;)

BTW, Which infomation was incomplete, erroneus or taken out of its context?

Cheers,
/Johan
Hello , could you be more accuarate with the dates in eastern..!

Also if you don't mind, every thing will be recorded, and put it on the net. (Also with the famous statement that you put in this forum...) Also my car will be drove by Karl Fieldmann from CH. a good driver. ;)

It was a mistake to put in the same level the M3 ant the Porsche carrera since your car is a sport sedan , then the Porsche is a sport car.
The fact to believe that you'll finish running a track with the R-tyres. Theorically, the M3 can have it, but pratically...is a piece of crap.
The fact as you described your film.
Be there.

This is my last reply.
Happy new year to every body..

Erik
December 31st, 2002, 15:42
Porsche_Carrera, why don't you drive yourself?

Is it ok for johann to pick Sabine? In that case you would be beaten both by a piece of crap and a girl :hihi:

Reno
December 31st, 2002, 16:03
Johann, just show Mr. porsche carrera how your "piece of crap" looks from behind:D
Weird that he does'nt drive himself, seems to me he is'nt that confident in beating Johann at all!

quattro
December 31st, 2002, 16:08
I don't know how Mr. Carrera can be so confident either...
Well, he isn't since he don't drive himself. :)

E46 M3
8.22 Ring :race:
1.17,2 Hockenheim

C4
8.24 Ring
1.16,6 Hockenheim

Street tires.

Also, many magazines - like AMS - rate the Boxster as a better car :hihi:

johann
December 31st, 2002, 16:09
Even when Sport Auto tested the cars, 996 C4 and E46 M3, the E46 M3 was faster with the C4 at 8.24 and the M3 at 8.22. That was with street tires.

Sport Auto tests 200 m shorter than a full lap and I have already driven a full lap at 8.30 and 8.04 BTG. The latest with a passenger in the car.

I also don't understand why you don't drive yourself since you already "ate" a M3. ;)

Then I guess it's ok for me to get another driver, right?

Erik B's suggestion is really good, imagine your fantastic C4 being beaten by a girl in a crap car. :hihi:

Happy new year!

/Johan

johann
December 31st, 2002, 17:00
Hello , could you be more accuarate with the dates in eastern..!

Easter=Ostern=pasqua=Pâques
Have no idea what it is in Rätoromanisch. ;)

krm
December 31st, 2002, 20:34

Erik B's suggestion is really good, imagine your fantastic C4 being beaten by a girl in a crap car. :hihi:

better yet, let's have Sabine drive the bigger piece of crap M5 and Johann and others can sit in the back of that sedan taking photos and videos while blowing by him.
:hihi: :race:

quattro
January 1st, 2003, 13:27
C4 8.24 Ring

Even the RS6 can cover the Nürburgring in 8.20 so it will eat the Porsche.

In my view there is no longer a need to get a Porsche just for pure performance, many family cars come close and some even beat it.

Don't get me wrong, Porsche is a nice car, but one has to face the facts it is not invincible and many cars offer better performance for a lot less money.

A business collegue of mine has a C4 and since he knows I enjoy cars he asked me if the Subaru Impreza GT was a fast car. :confused:
Sure I said and asked why he wanted to know.
The truth was that he had raced one and lost :hihi: :eek:

Another sad fact with Porsche (and many similar sportscars) is it attracts people who can afford them but haven't got the slightest idea or interest in learning how to drive them. I'm afraid it looks like we have one of these persons on the forum.

Start talking about 911 Turbo, GT2 or GT3 and I start to like the idea of owning one again :)

Reno
January 1st, 2003, 21:43
Another sad fact with Porsche (and many similar sportscars) is it attracts people who can afford them but haven't got the slightest idea or interest in learning how to drive them. I'm afraid it looks like we have one of these persons on the forum.
I tottaly agree with you there. I know this woman who uses her brand new 996 targa, only to go shopping in the supermarket and stuff like that, i'm sure there are a lot of people like her, who buy a porsche only for the image and the looks, :vvangry: that's a sad thing, it's like a lion being caged in a zoo.
(I'm getting poetic of it:cool2: )
There should be something like a universal declaration of "car" rights:hihi:

Erik
January 13th, 2003, 14:02
RS4 - There's no understeer :hihi:

http://www.tyresmoke.net/attachments/10623-1024_auto_1.jpg

Reno
January 13th, 2003, 22:08
No understeer here as well :D

http://bewall.free.fr/audi5g.jpg

Erik
March 2nd, 2003, 23:25
Got your hotels booked?

It's soon Eastern :hihi:

Lennart Jarmyr
March 5th, 2003, 10:36
I'll be there the week before Easter, 11 to 13 April, to look at the VLN-Cup.:incar: :race: :cheers:

johann
March 15th, 2003, 22:51
Got your hotels booked?

It's soon Eastern :hihi:

You bet! :race:

Porsche_Carrera
March 16th, 2003, 13:07
of course!
;) :roll:

Lennart Jarmyr
April 5th, 2003, 21:59
When I was at the Ring last weekend I met a Dutchman who normally drives an M5 at the Ring, but also an A4 ABT Q.
This weekend though he had borrowed an A6 3,0 Q, from the Audi dealer were he lives, because the A4 ABT didn’t have as many h-p as they had promised him.
This guy has done the Scuderia Hanseat course the last 14 years, so he knows the Ring. I asked him about his opinion of driving an Audi Q on the Ring. He said “I love to drive the Q on the Ring specially when its wet”. I told him what the RS4 driver said to me about the trouble he had to take the RS4 through the curves in the wet.
If you can drive a Q you know that you must let up the throttle before the curve and then get on it when you are on your way out from the curve. It’s so much fun driving a Q if you know how to do it he told me so to be honest I’d hoped that there should be rain this weekend he said.
I saw him drive very fast at the Ring so now I know you can go very fast at the Ring in an Audi Q. :D :incar:

Erik
April 22nd, 2003, 16:16
Porsche_Carrera did you ever go to the Ring this weekend?

johann was looking for you! :D

krm
April 25th, 2003, 17:22
Porsche_Carrera did you ever go to the Ring this weekend?

johann was looking for you! :D

:hihi:

johann
April 26th, 2003, 11:04
Porsche_Carrera

I didn't see any Swiss 996 Carrera and I was at Nürburging from Tue April 15 to Tue April 22. So where were you? ;)

Cheers,
/Johan

WRX SE
April 26th, 2003, 11:11
I was at the Ring for 5 days at Easter as well...I saw Johann and lots of Swedish 911s, but no Swiss 911s to be seen...

Maybe the R tires caused lubrication problems before you even arrived at the Ring? :rolleyes:

Porsche_Carrera
April 27th, 2003, 13:14
Yes, i did'nt come, unfortunatelly for personals important reasons, for me it was impossible.
good luck and health to every body.

WRX SE
April 27th, 2003, 17:17
Do I hear rematch? :deal:

Erik
April 27th, 2003, 17:20
Originally posted by WRX SE
Do I hear rematch?

I heard it :D

johann
July 16th, 2003, 15:00
I saw a Swizz 996 C4 at the Ring this weekend. Maybe someone we know? ;)

Cheers,
/Johan

Porsche_Carrera
July 17th, 2003, 11:15
not me , i sold the car. :vsad2:

WRX SE
July 20th, 2003, 17:23
The terms "crow" & "eat" spring to mind...

Oh yeh Johan - while we're at it my Carrera GT will kick your M3's butt all over the Nurburgring as well. And that's even without asking my close friend Michael S. to drive it on my behalf. :trash: