PDA

View Full Version : Video: Porsche 60 years

eric.r
December 10th, 2009, 14:18
A nice tribute to the different models from Porsche.

http://ericrokeberg.blogspot.com/2009/12/video-porsche-60-years.html

Benman
December 10th, 2009, 20:26
Really cool. I like this one even better:

"Family Tree"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQpkDrtVx00

Ben:addict:

Ruergard
December 10th, 2009, 20:50
Very nice both of them.

tailpipe
December 11th, 2009, 12:30
I have been giving a lot of thought to what Dr Ferdinand Piech has in mind for Porsche as it looks ahead to the ext 40 years and its 100th Anniversary.

Here's a very subjective summary of the changes I hope we'll see:

- Create brand new 911 replacement that is a technological showcase
- Continue production of existing 911 until existing buyers realise that new one is better and stop buying it
- Create an entry level sports car below Boxter / Cayman
- Discontinue Panamera and Cayenne
- Develop flat-4, flat-6, and flat-8 engines used across the range: Porsche's USP lower centre of gravity due to engine mass being closer to the ground
- Move to rear mid-engine configuration instead rear-mounted behind back axle engines (heresy for some, engineering integrity for me because of friends who have died in 911s)
- Sack the entire design department in Weissach and bring in designers with some semblance of originality to create an entirely new design language for the brand
- Return Porsche to its sports car roots
- Porsche to compete in F1 with a flat-8 engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And win, of course)

Benman
December 11th, 2009, 20:06
I have been giving a lot of thought to what Dr Ferdinand Piech has in mind for Porsche as it looks ahead to the ext 40 years and its 100th Anniversary.

Here's a very subjective summary of the changes I hope we'll see:

I disagree with:

Cancelling 911
Entry car below Cayman/Boxter (i.e. Poor Man's Porsche 914 memories, although I owned one and liked it :D).
Cancel Panamerica/Cayenne (I think they need the sales)
Sacking the design team, I personally like the slow evolution vs in your face restyling
Has Prosche ever left it's sports car roots?

Best,

Ben:addict:

Benman
December 14th, 2009, 21:37
Damn... these spammers are relentless!