PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of these rims?

GBG
December 9th, 2009, 17:52
Not cheap, but not quite in the MTM Bimoto range either. Both OZ and BBS are obviously very high quality companies. I like the look of both. As far as the BBS, I know most guys don't like 20s :nono:, but these would probably look so sweet... :cool2:

19" OZ:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=W0180320361BS&wheelMake=O.Z.&wheelModel=Ultraleggera+HLT&wheelFinish=Bright+Silver+Paint&showRear=no&autoMake=Audi&autoModel=RS6&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=Standard+Model&filterSize=All&filterFinish=All&filterSpecial=false&filterBrand=All&filterNew=All&sort=Brand

20" BBS (anthracite accent)

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=CX006APK&wheelMake=BBS&wheelModel=CX-R&wheelFinish=Machined+w%2FAnthracite+Accent&showRear=no&autoMake=Audi&autoModel=RS6&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=Standard+Model&filterSize=All&filterFinish=All&filterSpecial=false&filterBrand=All&filterNew=All&sort=Brand

DHall1
December 9th, 2009, 18:15
BBS looks nice but fitment is wrong. Will not fit without spacers.

Also pricy for cast wheels

Looks alot like the VMR 718s listed in the VMR thread but 3 times the price and you still need spacers.

Not a fan of spacers.

MaxRS6
December 9th, 2009, 18:18
No offense- those BBS make me cross eyed looking at the design. It could certainly just be me...lol

mmaturo
December 9th, 2009, 18:43
No offense- those BBS make me cross eyed looking at the design. It could certainly just be me...lol

I agree, not sure those are right for the car over the regular designs they have. The other ones I think will look a little too thin.

Aronis
December 9th, 2009, 20:18
Does that BBS come with a Left and a Right side wheel? It's an asymetrical design and I would not like one wheel going forward and the other going backwards! Just my two cent's.

They both are very nice looking wheels, but I'd go with the O.Z.

Mike

ben916
December 9th, 2009, 21:09
what about those 20"??? DuckWingDuck knows exactly how harsh they can be...

Spidercat
December 10th, 2009, 00:57

Agree. They remind me of an Escher drawing. Not a big fan.
Like the OZ better (nice weight savings, too), but personally prefer 5-spoke for the RS6.

GBG
December 10th, 2009, 01:40
Now that you mention it, the BBS are making me a it dizzy too... Dave, I just checked out the VMR thread-- very nice! Great price too.

Golffather
December 10th, 2009, 09:40
The problem with the C5 is that it demands a chunky faced rim to compliment the bulk and curves of the 6. Thin spokes or something frisky like the BBS or even the VMR don't suit the car as well as the "euro" 19" wheel, in my humble opinion ofcourse ;)

RS6-4dr911
December 10th, 2009, 14:47
The problem with the C5 is that it demands a chunky faced rim to compliment the bulk and curves of the 6. Thin spokes or something frisky like the BBS or even the VMR don't suit the car as well as the "euro" 19" wheel, in my humble opinion ofcourse ;)

What he said.