PDA

View Full Version : Road advisory- I40 Memphis/Little Rock

MaxRS6
December 5th, 2009, 15:31
If you are on I40 between Memphis & Little Rock this early afternoon, beware of objects coming up in the rear view much much faster than they should...:bigeyes:

After 47 days in the shop- the tech just called and I am headed out the door to get the beast.

Current Work Order:deal:

IPT Rebuilt Tranny & TC
New Filter and Pan (LOL)
Milltek Downpipes
Venair Turbo Hoses
Rubber Torque Mount
EGT sensor
O2 sensors
Alignment
A/C recharge
Various seals and gaskets while the motor was out

Currently
28 F outside temperature w/ sun
2 hour drive home back from the shop
The APR tune will be tested on the way home :incar:

snoopra
December 5th, 2009, 16:15
I'm jealous:), can't wait for my turn. I'm glad your getting a great and early Xmas present! BTW, what's the rubber torque mount? Any reason you chose APR?

DonS
December 5th, 2009, 19:41
How was the drive? Hopefully you didn't lap any cops.

MaxRS6
December 5th, 2009, 23:17
I'm jealous:), can't wait for my turn. I'm glad your getting a great and early Xmas present! BTW, what's the rubber torque mount? Any reason you chose APR?

1) I like being able to change programs from the cruise control stalk

2) Feedback from others generally favorable

3) The APR home base was on my route to Daytona last year (12/08) for the DE event

4) I toured their place and the personnel were great. I enjoyed my time at their shop, and spending some limited time with the engineers and getting a crash course.

5) One negative, the APR diverter valve does honk/goose sound at low boost. After having another set with "stiffer" springs sent to me the problem persisted. I just had the Stratmosphere valves installed and the "honk" is gone.

6) Had some money that I had to get rid of:jlol:

MaxRS6
December 5th, 2009, 23:24
How was the drive? Hopefully you didn't lap any cops.

and I hope to keep it out of the shop for a few months. It is soooo much better than the Jetta I had been scooting around in. :hihi:

The tranny seems to shift very sharp. Of course, it may just be the expensive placebo effect. :stick: Either way, ignorance is bliss and it feels like a rocket. Of course, after the extended time in the pedal car waiting for the repairs, almost anything would seem quick.