PDA

View Full Version : Estimated hours to pull engine/tranny and put back

MaxRS6
December 5th, 2009, 10:07
1) Estimate hours to pull engine and tranny

2) Estimated hours to put engine and tranny back in car

I realize others have been able to rebuild the tranny without pulling the engine. HOwever; they were able to take care of a few items for me (rubber torque mount, downpipes, and a few other misc. items.

I am scheduled to pick up my car today and would like some information in order to audit the bill. I'm not looking for the shop to be exact to the manual. However; I'd like to be able to compare the estimated hours to what they charge for the service.

Thanks in advance for the input!

gooseleg
December 5th, 2009, 14:48
I'm doing the TC and it's 30 hours of labor

Innovator
December 7th, 2009, 04:33
1) Estimate hours to pull engine and tranny

2) Estimated hours to put engine and tranny back in car

I realize others have been able to rebuild the tranny without pulling the engine. HOwever; they were able to take care of a few items for me (rubber torque mount, downpipes, and a few other misc. items.

I am scheduled to pick up my car today and would like some information in order to audit the bill. I'm not looking for the shop to be exact to the manual. However; I'd like to be able to compare the estimated hours to what they charge for the service.

Thanks in advance for the input!

We did it in 11 hours, in and out, but I did not take the engine out. The downpipes have to come off to get the trans out, so that should not be extra. Once the trans is out, it's pretty easy to do any other mod with the engine still in. To take the engine and trans out as a unit would take 2-3 hours more each way..

MaxRS6
December 7th, 2009, 13:10
Thanks for the information guys