PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filter, how often to change?

skyegtb
December 3rd, 2009, 08:24
<TABLE class=forumline border=0 cellSpacing=1 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=row1 vAlign=top rowSpan=2><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD><!-- http://www.rs6.com/forum/./modules/PNphpBB2/templates/PNTheme/images/spacer.gif --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=row1><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=postbody vAlign=top>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>I am away from home just now, otherwise I would have refered to my Bentley, but hopefully someone can supply a quick answer to the above? Is it every 10,000 miles? Also, where is the filter located?
Thanks in advance,
Angus
MTM568

SAFE4NOW
December 3rd, 2009, 13:40
I suggest replacing every 15k Service.

The filter itself is located on the passenger side ( right ) front of fuel tank.

I attached a picture of it's location.

Steve

SAFE4NOW
December 3rd, 2009, 13:47
I suggest replacing every 15k Service.

The filter itself is located on the passenger side ( right ) front of fuel tank.

I attached a picture of it's location.

Steve

one with a little less close up.. LoL

AudiRS4ever
December 3rd, 2009, 14:28
I would have to disagree, solely on the fact that it is the smallest filter I have ever seen. And it's on a car that sucks fuel at a very high rate. They are cheap and easy to replace so I change mine annually. Just my .02

SAFE4NOW
December 3rd, 2009, 14:32
I would have to disagree, solely on the fact that it is the smallest filter I have ever seen. And it's on a car that sucks fuel at a very high rate. They are cheap and easy to replace so I change mine annually. Just my .02

You are correct sir... 15k interval's.... I went back and checked my service history and found that is also what has been done on my car to date.

What's with the small filter anyways.. everything else is over engineered, you'd think the filter would be too.. LOL

Good Catch.

S

hahnmgh63
December 3rd, 2009, 14:37
Did anyone happen to mention that it is a pain in the ass to get at the fittings and remove and replace tucked up there with the primary fuel pump.

skyegtb
December 4th, 2009, 02:27
Thanks for the replys guys.