PDA

View Full Version : Busted center armrest

Jimmy
November 30th, 2009, 16:10
Hallo...new (noob) owner here...about a week. :blush:

Typical...one of the hinges is broke and can't be repaired. Does anyone know of a salvage yard in the USA or Canada that might have an RS6?

Certainly not object to buying a new armrest tho my silver leather one is in great shape. It does have the silly phone apparatus with a big hole in the bottom.....can just the hinge mechanism be bought new? TIA

LIRS6
November 30th, 2009, 16:25
Crazy glue?

shoeboxjoe
November 30th, 2009, 17:13
JB Weld? Otherwise the A6 has a similar armrest and came in black i believe.

Jimmy
November 30th, 2009, 17:24
Its been JB welded once before it looks like.....

Maybe that's what I'll do, get a regular A6 armerest for the hinge parts and switch them over. Thanks ! :mech:

RS6-4dr911
November 30th, 2009, 17:46
The standard one does not have the same leather grain. I used a salvaged one from an A6, looks good enough, but I'm hanging on to the original.

Jimmy
November 30th, 2009, 18:55
Thanx...I'm thinking I could just take the bottom and hinge parts off an A6 armrest and be able to keep my silver(gray) top of my RS6s armrest.

I like your screen name there...RS6-4dr911 ! So very true...though this one puts my 300 hp 911 to shame in just about every aspect. :love2:

RS6-4dr911
November 30th, 2009, 18:57
If you figure it out, let me know. Looks like one of those "1-way" assemblies to me, can't figure out how to remove it without damaging it.

Amulet-S6
November 30th, 2009, 22:56
Scroll down, there was an RS6 being parted out a couple weeks ago...

Jimmy
December 2nd, 2009, 17:07
If you just peel off the top leather portion armrest as a whole (breaking the glued bonding plugs that go from the top piece to to bottom plastic hinge plate piece) it will seperate the two pieces.

I was able to glue my silver top armrest back onto a good hinge plate....then squeeze the hinges to mount it back into the lower cubby holes for them. Pretty easy.... :0: