PDA

View Full Version : Break in process of new tranny-

MaxRS6
November 25th, 2009, 01:45
I am In the final stages as the IPT rebuilt tranny should be back at the shop tomorrow.

I'd like comments and input on how to hit the road when I get it back. Should I just drive it like normal, don’t stay in a constant gear for extended times, baby it for a number of miles, or as some say “drive it like I stole it”?

TIA<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

TozoM8
November 25th, 2009, 01:50
Automatic transmission doesn't require break-in, just drive it like you did before.

p3u
November 25th, 2009, 01:51
I am In the final stages as the IPT rebuilt tranny should be back at the shop tomorrow.

I'd like comments and input on how to hit the road when I get it back. Should I just drive it like normal, don’t stay in a constant gear for extended times, baby it for a number of miles, or as some say “drive it like I stole it”?

TIA<O:p></O:p>

You know you want to :incar:

From what Tozo has told me and from Amsoils website, the answer seems to be no. Enjoy! I know I will when my car arrives Thanksgiving day :hahahehe:

MaxRS6
November 25th, 2009, 03:05
You know you want to :incar:

From what Tozo has told me and from Amsoils website, the answer seems to be no. Enjoy! I know I will when my car arrives Thanksgiving day :hahahehe:

as ready as I am to get back in and let it roll:addict:

MaxRS6
November 25th, 2009, 03:06
Automatic transmission doesn't require break-in, just drive it like you did before.

after getting it back and ripping it around a track?

TIA

TozoM8
November 25th, 2009, 03:12
I wouldn't worry about it.

MaxRS6
November 25th, 2009, 03:13
I appreciate the input. Thanks again.

terrytcl
November 25th, 2009, 04:58
i'd replace the fluid and filter before getting on it.

that'd just be me though :)