PDA

View Full Version : What action should be taken when you (The driver) is confronted by a...(long)

Klint
August 29th, 2003, 04:02
...loona tick, who has a grudge about you?

Earlier today (Thursday) I took my gran and my mother out shopping. Everything was going well...A really enjoyable day.

But, there was this guy in a Land Rover Discovery who was tail gating me. This is at around 50mph, so there was speed in his car and the opportunities to have easily taken over. This guy was soo %$^£ close that I couldn't see his number plate in my rear view mirror..This tail gating carried on for a good 8 miles. So, I made it more obvious to the driver that I wasn't taking anymore of it having fragile accupants on board.

A :byeM5: out the window (letting a fly out of the window ;) )...so at the next chance the guy took over and did the *a*ker signal to me. (1 to me 1 to him, evens right?) I gave him a straight face...I noticed after this he was trying to bait me in to tail gate him back...Maybe to provoke a rear end shunt in his favour.I wasn't soo stupid to fall for it, so I let him get on with his merry day...But no this guy wanted more...a futher 4 miles down the road there is a big hill that has a give way at the top which is based on a fast sweeping corner. Both directions of the corner can be seen down clearly for about quarter a mile each way. Hence the give way. Well, when approaching the crest of the hill about 50 yards away from the junction. I see the same car parked some distance away from the kerb about 2 metres-ish. At first I thought he was waiting for traffic but i noticed he was paying more attention to his side mirror more than anything...Naturally you go round, so i did...to have him swing his door open barracading my car with it's occupants between his car door and him. He ran round to the drivers side (my side with me strapped in. RHD don't forget) swung the door open and tried to physical get me out and verbally abusing me at the same time. Fortunately it wasn't the other side or he would of been in serious bother (my gran was in the front passenger seat) fortunately i was able to see around him down to the right to find the road was clear and I noticed his door had closed with the wind? (V fortunately)...Well..I floored the 325 and tested it's get away menouveours...It got me and the car's occupants to safety..

Futher down the road, we turned around to get hold of his lisence plate to report him. We did this to be confronted by him again but in his car...this time we had the doors locked aswell. He was very aggresive in his positioning of his vehicle (barricading us in?) He got out but i shot off again...He got reported (and some other things, I know abit more about this guy then he thinks, His spare would be deemed useless when it comes to going to work in the morning ;) ) and things will go from there.

Accelerating away from him, when he had hold of me was the best I could of done. I got the occupants, the car and himself un-injured and away safely...it was quiet a adrenalin rush..It would of been a differently story if I wasn't tightly held by a seatbelt...and that'll be in my favour...He would of definitely shit himself if i had stood up (6 foot 4er, 200lbs or 100kgs ish) :hihi:

anyone know what can actually be done when an attack like this takes place? I actually think it's different for the circumstances...ah well...Just had to share the story.

On top of that, I got my GCSE results (Not as good as i hoped for) went shopping, visited some relatives, done a 'mini' photshoot at high speeds at night: hence being up at 2am and the usual.

What a day it's been! Looking forward to actually getting some sleep...:)

Drive safely people...and remember to keep the cool behind the wheel.

Disclaimer for the police: 99% of the story if false ;)

gmbh6
August 29th, 2003, 07:22
wow klint i'm really sorry to hear that. :(

there are some really psychotic azzholes out there. :mad:

but you did the right thing :0: .....get away from him and report him.......don't stay around and try to :argue: .

that only leads to :vvangry: more anger that usually leads to something you'll regret for a long long time.

don't know if you read about the wacko that keyed my H2?

but yesterday some lady was honking and honking at me.........till she finally passed me up......she gave me the thumbs down because of my truck :confused: ....that stupid bytch was in a SUV also........WTF!!!!!

just 'cause hers gets 15 miles to the gallon instead of 11.......it's okay?

there's no use trying to understand them because their not normal.........don't let it get you down. :bye:

Klint
August 29th, 2003, 19:26
Thanks for the kind words..:)

Sorry to hear about the H2...:mad:

Some people are really perculiar in their actions. It's not even worth trying to understand why, how and the causes. Best to crack on with your own thing really and take negative commentsetc like a pinch of salt...although it may give the impression that your an arrogant a-hole but it's best really.

Take Care

:cheers:

Benman
August 29th, 2003, 22:31
People like that should just be shot. All they do is take up air that the rest of us need to breath. Don't let em get you down.:cheers:

Ben:addict:

EBMCS03
August 31st, 2003, 11:27
Yikes... i always wondered what to do in these situations...

thecakid: Yikes sorry to hear about your H2... did u hear about the H2 burnings in West Covina and Arcadia? You still brave enough to drive your H2 around? Hey come out for a photo shoot.. hehehe always wanted to get a pic of the H2 and the MINI together... Largest car and smallest car side by side... :incar:

gjg
August 31st, 2003, 16:29
I agree with Benman - where I live people get shot for pulling stunt like this.

Been there - drive away and ignoring azzhole worked best for me. Birdie only adds fuel to the fire. 911/112 call (whatever side of Atlantic you are) with license plate and filled claim may do the trick long term specially when you have witnesses in your car.

S&W works well as interpreter too.

:vvangry: