PDA

View Full Version : RS4 - with V8 biturbo

Graeme
August 28th, 2003, 22:05
Myself and a colleague of mine were lucky enough to see part of Audi's developement tech spec for the eagery anticipated RS4.
From what i could gather, the car will use a version of the RS6 engine along with a modified twin clutch system as recently released in the TT. I imagine there will be a manual as well though, but it wasnt shown. Audi are ploughing a lot of money into the development of their paddle shift type gearing system, so i expect that will feature strongly on the new RS4 and all future performance models.
As for body shape. who knows, but an avant would be the traditional and more popular choice.:rs4addict

Erik
August 28th, 2003, 22:08
Thanks a lot for the information.

Nice to hear about the V8. :0:

roadrunner
August 28th, 2003, 23:10
Is Cosworth located in the north east, or was it south west. Just kidding - but THIS info looks verry solid to me :cheers: and whereelse, if not at Cosworth could this info be obtained.

Never mind - the important part is that the peaces slowly come toghether:

:deal:
- V8 Bi-Turbo :bang:
- DSG :incar:
- Lighter and more "compact" than the RS6 :0:

Too good to be true :bunny2:

If I look into my fortuneteller glassball :roll: , I see you guys (the
:addict: owners) switching the seats in near future. But there is enough time left to enjoy your beast. ;)

seb.

Graeme
August 28th, 2003, 23:21
Although this isn't solid information - I imagine that after Audi got a fair amout of grief about the RS6 being a 'bit too soft' for the real driver enthusiasts, the RS4 replacement will be a far sharper and more focused car than the RS6 is. Should be a good'un when it arrives.
I doubt very much if this S4 bodied big brother will be called an RS4 though as that's been used. It will almost c#certainly wear an RS Badge, but it wont be with a four after it. Food for thought maybe ?

Erik
August 29th, 2003, 09:09
Don't forget DRC - Dynamic Ride Control. :cheers:

I think it will be called RS4...and it will be offered in saloon and avant.

V8BITURBO
September 10th, 2003, 23:43
I Hvae been going aroun wondering when and if the DSG
Box will show up in the A4 Body.... Finally i got the answer !!

Thank you so much !!!!!!!!!:roll:

Mvh

Stian

CarbonFibre
December 16th, 2003, 07:10
I'm still skeptical a little bit in terms of them actually fitting the engine in there since the B6 S4 4.2 n/a was a tight fit as it was. They will probably just make the car slightly extended as we have seen in a couple pics as of late and akin to what they did for the A6 4.2.

I still say they should use the 3.0 V6 biturbo for weight savings. We all know it exists and in the Seat Cupra GT race trim it pushes 500 hp :MTM: