PDA

View Full Version : Who feels like looking at some logs?

RS6-4dr911
November 19th, 2009, 00:47
I'm convinced somethin' aint rite.

Car is slow off the line - roughly 0-60 in 6 secs. Mid range up seems fine. Did the pulls in third gear in tip mode from roughly 2000 to 6400. Not sure what I see in this but any help is obviously appreciated. (ESP Light come on briefly at the end, as it often does after extended high speeds)

RS6-4dr911
November 19th, 2009, 19:33
Seriously guys? Nobody?:vhmmm:

p3u
November 19th, 2009, 19:41
I looked, and I couldn't really see anything too out of line. Only thing I would say is the variance on the MAFS seem a bit high, so you could start by cleaning them and making sure your air filters are clean as well.

Also do some logs of enigine speed vs vehicle speed to see if the RPMS match up to the speed you are driving. Thats how I found my transmission was slipping and causing all of my problems before it blew.

RS6-4dr911
November 19th, 2009, 19:49
Thank you.

Filters are brand new, I'll try cleaning the MAF's, nice trick on the RPM vs Speed trick, I'll take a look at that.

I'm still confused about what the stock boost level should be, lot's of different claims out there, I appear to be at the lower end of the claims.

RS6-4dr911
November 21st, 2009, 04:37
Also do some logs of enigine speed vs vehicle speed to see if the RPMS match up to the speed you are driving. Thats how I found my transmission was slipping and causing all of my problems before it blew.

So I did that today, (input shaft RPM v.s vehicle speed) once on the throttle, pretty consistent throughout the range (2000-6000rpm) in 3rd. Std Deviation of roughly 1%. Seems like a clean bill of health on that front.

Sat and watched the graph of MAF volume, seems like a significant difference between the 2. Gonna try cleaning them and see if that makes a difference.