PDA

View Full Version : Shipping recommendations?

bobski
November 19th, 2009, 00:07
I am thinking of shipping my RS6 from New Mexico to DC towards the end of December. Have you had good experience with any shippers in particular?

Thanks in advance.

Avus-RS6
November 19th, 2009, 01:00
I'll drive it for a nominal fee beyond the cost of gas and 1 night hotel. :)

Mudguts
November 19th, 2009, 01:24
No affiliation and never used them, but Intercitylines gets great feedback all the time on 6speedonline.com.

Hope that helps,
Matt

bruce
November 19th, 2009, 02:45
Just make sure you use an actual company. By that I mean, there are tons of "transport companies" on the web, but very few actually use their own trucks and drivers. Most of them are just brokers and subcontract out the work to other (typically low budget independent) carriers so you never know who actually has your vehicle.

After going through this recently, I think there are really very few companies that have their own trucks, but they are out there.

snoopra
November 19th, 2009, 03:09
+1. I can confirm what bruce said. Back in '07, I shipped vehicles from both Texas and the Chicago area, had to jump through several hoops to locate them when delivery was late.

bobski
November 19th, 2009, 13:41
Anyone else?

DHall1
November 19th, 2009, 14:23
Pay me top dollar and find a return leg car to bring back to the west and I will take your car 1st class to DC. :rs6kiss:

We are planning a trip out east in December with the motorhome. I could swing thru NM and pick up your car with my 2008 Haulmark enclosed car trailer. No cars packed like sardines, no cars on top of one another, just 1 car in the the enclosed car trailer. Who knows it may work out so I will throw it out there.

Anyone else?

shoeboxjoe
November 19th, 2009, 14:28
http://www.uship.com/ (http://www.uship.com/)

Someone else on the forum recommended uship to me. Just put what you're shipping and the locations and you gets bids from different companies, each having ebay type feedback. I'm hoping to book shipping today if the wire transfer is confirmed.

DonS
November 19th, 2009, 15:29
I've used uship multiple times. Its like eBay only in reverse - shippers bid the price down. Feedback works the same as eBay. If you select someone with good feedback, you'll have a good experience. Stay away from those with minimal or bad feedback. There is no way for the shipper to select or modify the feedback it is raw from the customer. uship connected me to Frank's Transport to move my RS6 from SoCal to my cul de sac in Madison, WI. The truck was a spotless chrome beauty with my RS6 sitting in a prime locaiotn just behind the trucks cab. My neighbors are still talking....

bruce
November 19th, 2009, 16:59
I could swing thru NM and pick up your car with my 2008 Haulmark enclosed car trailer. No cars packed like sardines, no cars on top of one another, just 1 car in the the enclosed car trailer.

He has experience in smuggling cars around the country....:rotflmao: I'd take him up on it..

DHall1
November 19th, 2009, 17:29
You got your wifes AMG a month too soon. I could have brought it back on the return leg.

LOL

He has experience in smuggling cars around the country....:rotflmao: I'd take him up on it..

bruce
November 19th, 2009, 17:57
You got your wifes AMG a month too soon. I could have brought it back on the return leg.

LOL

First, she wouldn't have waited. :w:

Second, now I know you provide this service. :jlol:

Third, I just have no more cars to move....thank god.

:incar:

btw the AMG is pretty nice. In a pinch I could drive it. However, what is it with Germans and Controls? Mercedes Nav sucks almost as much as my old RS6. Her 2003 Lexus is WAY better, touchscreen, no toggle switch, easy menus, etc....

p3u
November 19th, 2009, 18:03
I used Franks shipping to get my car from Colorado to Chicago last week for my transmission rebuild, took just two days and got there in good fashion it seems. I'm using them again next week to get my car back, I would use them again and reccomend them.

Holiday
November 19th, 2009, 18:14
I used Intercity when I had my RS6 sent down to San Diego from Seattle. Overall, outstanding experience! Excellent communication and tracking, on time shipping, and pleasant to deal with. They even sent me various pickup/delivery pictures, as I couldn't be there in person for either.
Believe they're offering a discount for all 6speedonline.com members right now.