PDA

View Full Version : Fidelity warranty

rle55
November 17th, 2009, 19:32
Just bought an RS6 and called fidelity and referred to Audi dealers in my area only..anyway, the service manager at classic audi in westcehester quoted me $3200 for 48mos/4yrs. is this a good deal? any advice or experience w/ fidelity and from this dealership i would really appreciate.

Ron

Yellow RS6
November 17th, 2009, 19:39
We need more info - how many miles do you have? what's the deductible? what plan (i.e. gold, platinum, etc.)?

btw - I have 64,xxx miles and was quoted $4500 for 4/48 Fidelity Platinum (forgot to ask what deduct.).

rle55
November 17th, 2009, 19:50
thanks, it has 40,400 mi. , its the platinum plan. the car was serviced there from day one...and he said he know the car and the previous owner. anyway, he said no deductible if i get it from them.

Yellow RS6
November 17th, 2009, 19:55
So it's a 4/48 Platinum plan, with no deductible, and from the dealer that has serviced it from day 1, for $3200? That sounds good to me!

AudiRS4ever
November 17th, 2009, 20:41
I just got mine this week. 3 years, 36k. Ask Dave (DHall) He's the one who convinced me. :mech:

DHall1
November 17th, 2009, 20:51
Here I go again,

BUY THAT PLAN ASAP. HECK, WHY NOT GET THE 6/60 PLAN? IT GIVES YOU MORE OPTIONS DOWN THE ROAD IF YOU PLAN TO SELL THE CAR.

ANY RS6 WITH FIDELITY PLAN IS WORTH 5-8K MORE THAN A RS6 WITHOUT. FAST FORWARD 3YRS FROM NOW WHEN FIDELITY IS NO LONGER SELLING PLANS ON 2003 CARS. GUESS HOW MUCH THE FIDELITY PLAN WOULD BE WORTH IF YOUR SELLING YOUR CAR???? A TON. GET THE 6YR PLAN. BEST HEDGE ON THE MARKET YOU COULD MAKE. THERE WILL BE NO COOL CARS IN 4 YEARS. TOYOTA PRIUS, GM VOLT, KIA XYZ WILL BE OUR ONLY CHOICES. IT WILL SUCK.

OR IF YOU TRADE THE CAR IN....YOU CAN REFUND THE UNUSED PORTION OF THE PLAN.

NO BRAINER.

3200 FOR THE 4/48 IS A GOOD PRICE. YOU ARE NOT GETTING SCREWED.

SORRY FOR CAPS.

eurotunedrs6
November 17th, 2009, 20:55
Im in the market for an rs6, and i am definately getting a warranty if one isnt offered with the car. Ive read mixed things about fidelity though, but it doesnt seem like many rs6 owners have had issues with them. how much does a 6/60 platinum plan go for?

DHall1
November 17th, 2009, 20:57
^^ This reply is for eurotuner.

search is your friend. We have 50 threads on the topic. See what Yellow has said below.

We need more info - how many miles do you have? what's the deductible? what plan (i.e. gold, platinum, etc.)?

btw - I have 64,xxx miles and was quoted $4500 for 4/48 Fidelity Platinum (forgot to ask what deduct.).

rle55
November 17th, 2009, 21:14
Thanks Dhall for the reply! will call him now and ask about 6/60 plan, actually he did mention that also, i'll ask and if its still reasonable i might consider it. otherwise 4/48 for $3200 is all in my budget now.

thanks all!

rle55
November 17th, 2009, 21:15
btw, anybody here intersted in Hella smoke tail lights? $200 shipped! let me know

Conaswr
November 17th, 2009, 21:28
Hey Guys, another warranty question. Can you extend your fidelity warranty if it has not run out? You guys are making me think that I should have bought a longer one than 2/24.

sheatisdale
November 17th, 2009, 22:03
I just bought mine for right about $5000 for platinum 6 years/72k miles.

My car has the same mileage as yours.

Try checkered flag audi in Virginia Beach, VA. 866-490-flag. ask for Darlene Epps and tell her I sent you.

Shea

sheatisdale
November 17th, 2009, 22:05
Oh, on the deductible. The fidelity contract is a bit odd in that there is no deductible if it is at the dealer that sells the warranty.

dmross
November 17th, 2009, 22:12
I bought the 6y/60k plan for my RS6, which only had 22k miles on it when I bought it. It has already paid for itself, because I had a failed EGT sensor, a leak in the A/C system and a bad shift lever circuit board. Total dealer cost... $5000, most of which was due to the need to remove the engine to get to the EGT sensor! This one claim was already more than the cost of the warranty and I plan on keeping the car for a long time!

DHall1
November 17th, 2009, 22:19
Yes,

You must 1st buy the new plan with the proper time/mileage limit.

Then you cancel the first policy and you will get the refund.

You could think? "Oh, I can just wait till the 2 yrs runs out." But, I doubt Fidelity will be selling plans on 2003 cars two years from now. You see the catch.

This is the last chance to lock the warranty in till 2014-15.

No brainer unless you think Nancy Pelosi is going to allow the new RS5 over here. :nana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAqPMJFaEdY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FyBprbxXEU&NR=1

Hey Guys, another warranty question. Can you extend your fidelity warranty if it has not run out? You guys are making me think that I should have bought a longer one than 2/24.

Conaswr
November 18th, 2009, 20:21
Had a terrible experience today. I purchased my fidelity warranty on 10/28, subject to an inspection. Car passed clean.

Fast forward to yesterday. Had car in for DRC repair, the r tech found a few issues to fix, including control arms. I told the service advisor about my warranty. It was declined, referred back to selling dealer of warranty(Schaumburg Audi). The warranty co said it was too soon to have these damages the selling dealer would have to fix it (eat the cost).

So as a good Audi owner, I called SA told them the car was apart, cheaper to fix it at Continental etc. The service advisor told me that I would have to pay for the repair myself, either they missed it inspection or Continental did it during drc repair. Am I right, I let them inspect the car, they want me to pay because they are on the line for the repair? $3000 for a warranty and future business and service to screw you over for $550. They would have made the money back after one service.

I have already filed a complaint with the BBB, and sent an email to AOA. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I had Continental fix it for $550, I going to buy a new 5/60 (cancel old Fidelity from them) from them and had them do the 55k service.

DHall1
November 18th, 2009, 20:43
I would say you just found a new dealership to do business with.

To be honest....a tech doing an overall inspection can miss some worn control arm bushings. He does not have the luxury of having the DRC apart and looking right at the bushing.

You needed to get the longer policy anyway and you should be all sorted and good to go for 5yrs.

I would not make a huge deal out of it.

Had a terrible experience today. I purchased my fidelity warranty on 10/28, subject to an inspection. Car passed clean.

Fast forward to yesterday. Had car in for DRC repair, the r tech found a few issues to fix, including control arms. I told the service advisor about my warranty. It was declined, referred back to selling dealer of warranty(Schaumburg Audi). The warranty co said it was too soon to have these damages the selling dealer would have to fix it (eat the cost).

So as a good Audi owner, I called SA told them the car was apart, cheaper to fix it at Continental etc. The service advisor told me that I would have to pay for the repair myself, either they missed it inspection or Continental did it during drc repair. Am I right, I let them inspect the car, they want me to pay because they are on the line for the repair? $3000 for a warranty and future business and service to screw you over for $550. They would have made the money back after one service.

I have already filed a complaint with the BBB, and sent an email to AOA. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I had Continental fix it for $550, I going to buy a new 5/60 (cancel old Fidelity from them) from them and had them do the 55k service.

Conaswr
November 18th, 2009, 20:49
Happy about the service and should be buying the new warranty today or tommorow when the car is ready from continental. Just not too keen on asking me to pay for a repair after their inspection and knowledge that they can't bill it out to the warranty company.

Yellow RS6
November 18th, 2009, 21:11
If the the control bushings were shot, that should have been spotted on the inspection. They are a common failure point on these cars (heck, on any Audi from what I've heard), and should have been checked. But it sounds like it's working out in the end, after some hassle and expense.

Conaswr
November 18th, 2009, 23:36
Dhall, I am only going to purchase the 5/60 because of your post. It makes so much sense to buy it since you get a refund if you dont use it. The resale value should be huge when Fidelity stops issuing them.

DHall1
November 19th, 2009, 00:16
Mr shopper

:vhmmm: You have the choice between this 2012 GM Pelosi xr4gt R1 bomber.

:harass: Or Mr Conaswr's old jalopy RS6 w/450hp and the worthless Audi/Fidelity extended warranty.

Never mind in 2012 that VAG will be the largest car maker in the world. Never mind that every fly by night ext warranty company will be out of business. :cool2:

Its simply a hedge. If you love the RS6 and wish to keep the long term carry cost low, the SO happy and your money in the bank. No brainer.

Dhall, I am only going to purchase the 5/60 because of your post. It makes so much sense to buy it since you get a refund if you dont use it. The resale value should be huge when Fidelity stops issuing them.

Conaswr
November 19th, 2009, 01:19
LOL,

Cars may never be the same again, the classics are always great to look at. Never mind we might not have any gas to put into them. But the cost per year basis vs shorter term is much better. Also if I ever do decide to sell the car, I am sure someone on this forum will want it with the Fid warranty.

Thanks for your help, I just traded in my 2000 m5 dinan s2 car for the rs6, the support on both of the enthusiast boards are just great.(m5board.com) It makes owning the cars much more enjoyable

Innovator
November 23rd, 2009, 01:22
If the the control bushings were shot, that should have been spotted on the inspection. They are a common failure point on these cars (heck, on any Audi from what I've heard), and should have been checked. But it sounds like it's working out in the end, after some hassle and expense.

The upper arms are not that easy to to check, and require two men to really check all four uppers. The lower arms last more than twice as long.

You know, I am reading through these posts, and I can't believe how much you guys bleed for the stealership. They are truly on crack !

Like this tranny I just replaced on my car. We did it at a fraction of the time the book gives. I just don't know why the dealer charges so much more for this car when it's only slightly different to work on than the A6 4.2.. It would be no problem for us to charge half as much as the dealer and still be profitable on a timing belt job with a waterpump and rollers. It's the same damn thing as a 4.2!! I just don't get it.:vhmmm:

DHall1
November 23rd, 2009, 02:30
Rick,

You are 100% on the money. The timing belt job is really no different than a 4.2 A6. That is why as we go along in time....many of us are doing things out in the garage. Many of the "horror stories" of $$ maint on the RS6 are just old wives tales. Brake job on all 4s for less than 200 bucks with EBC Reds. I dont know what the big deal is.

Start doing some work for your locals up there. Its nice to have a real owner and tech that actually drives the car.

Heck, I am about to buy my 2nd RS6. Call me crazy but these are the best cars on the road. I may never need another car. 2 RS6s paid for and out in the garage.

Pelosi and all the gang can do what they wish. I will be set.

The upper arms are not that easy to to check, and require two men to really check all four uppers. The lower arms last more than twice as long.

You know, I am reading through these posts, and I can't believe how much you guys bleed for the stealership. They are truly on crack !

Like this tranny I just replaced on my car. We did it at a fraction of the time the book gives. I just don't know why the dealer charges so much more for this car when it's only slightly different to work on than the A6 4.2.. It would be no problem for us to charge half as much as the dealer and still be profitable on a timing belt job with a waterpump and rollers. It's the same damn thing as a 4.2!! I just don't get it.:vhmmm:

Innovator
November 23rd, 2009, 14:21
Rick,

You are 100% on the money. The timing belt job is really no different than a 4.2 A6. That is why as we go along in time....many of us are doing things out in the garage. Many of the "horror stories" of $$ maint on the RS6 are just old wives tales. Brake job on all 4s for less than 200 bucks with EBC Reds. I dont know what the big deal is.

Start doing some work for your locals up there. Its nice to have a real owner and tech that actually drives the car.

Heck, I am about to buy my 2nd RS6. Call me crazy but these are the best cars on the road. I may never need another car. 2 RS6s paid for and out in the garage.

Pelosi and all the gang can do what they wish. I will be set.

I enjoy being on a forum with mature individuals. If you research my screen name, you'll see I was very active on AW when the B5 S4 came to this country. Those guys all thought they knew everything about their cars..:lovl: I developed a product called the DTS for the B5 and C6, that stabilized the driveline on the 6 speeds, and that gained me some fame, but they were brutal none the less... So far, I like this place, and I hope I can be an asset here.:mech: My website is www.broadwayautoclinic.com (http://www.broadwayautoclinic.com), if you need anything..

Rick

Innovator
November 24th, 2009, 14:44
btw, anybody here intersted in Hella smoke tail lights? $200 shipped! let me know I am.. Are they in new condition?

rle55
November 24th, 2009, 16:18
sorry they were sold

Mudguts
November 30th, 2009, 18:58
Gents,

I just did some leg work over the phone on warranty for my RS6 with ~45,400 miles and this is the best I have managed to do.

The breakdown is by Year/mileage: discounted cost w/$50 (MSRP) or $100 deductable (MSRP):

3y/36K: $3,999 ($5,700) or $4,239 ($6,428)
4y/48K: $4,834 ($7,400) or $5,074 ($7,998)
4y/60K: $5,679 ($9,100) or $5,919 ($9,788)
5y/60k: $5,768 ($9,276)or $5,998 ($10K)

No 6/60 or 6/72 plans offered, so I am ass-u-me'ing that they aren't available anymore...

Does this look right? Has anyone cut a better deal in the last few weeks??

Cheers,
Matt

DHall1
November 30th, 2009, 19:20
How many dealers did you call? Which ones did you call?

Prices sound high.

I assume these are Platinum plans.

If you did not call these dealers...you may give them a try.

Chandler Audi in AZ
McDonald Audi in CO

Gents,

I just did some leg work over the phone on warranty for my RS6 with ~45,400 miles and this is the best I have managed to do.

The breakdown is by Year/mileage: discounted cost w/$50 (MSRP) or $100 deductable (MSRP):

No 6/60 or 6/72 plans offered, so I am ass-u-me'ing that they aren't available anymore...

Cheers,
Matt

Holiday
November 30th, 2009, 20:10
Mudguts,

Thanks for posting. I currently have a Fidelity plan, but am interested in extending it for another 3-4 years. That said, I'm in the market for a new Fidelity plan.
We should continue to share/post "deals", as I'm sure there are several of us in the market.

Dhall- have you found considerably lower prices from the two dealers you suggested?

Gents,

Cheers,
Matt

Mudguts
November 30th, 2009, 20:14
I spoke with Checkered Flag and am waiting for Chandler to get back to me.

The folks at Audi of Bernardsville quoted:
5yr/60k $6537
4yr/48k $5413
3yr/36k $4578
2yr/24k $3724

I'll try McDonald Audi now...

Any intell is appreciated.

Thanks,
MG

DHall1
November 30th, 2009, 20:19
Yes to the lower prices from those two dealers.

I purchased my 6/72 from McDonald for....are you ready? 3200. :cool2:

Doc Peiserg got his chicken dinner at Chandler .... 6/72 for ~4,000 but his car has more miles.

Mudguts,

Thanks for posting. I currently have a Fidelity plan, but am interested in extending it for another 3-4 years. That said, I'm in the market for a new Fidelity plan.
We should continue to share/post "deals", as I'm sure there are several of us in the market.

Dhall- have you found considerably lower prices from the two dealers you suggested?

AudiRS4ever
November 30th, 2009, 21:50
McDonald is also where I got my warranty. That is also where I buy my Audi's from.

bruce
November 30th, 2009, 22:17
Those are too high.

I got 48/60,000 for $3,674 w/ $100 deduct Platinum

Be sure you ask for the service customer discount....

SAFE4NOW
November 30th, 2009, 23:19
There are several varibles when it comes to quoting good warranties. Year, miles, the date the contract is sold ( a quote today changes each month that passes as well as miles added )

The first two are " Supreme " coverage ( everything is covered except what is listed as Not Covered ) the last one is " Deluxe " covered, which is almosts the same, but is a listed coverage contract that mirrors Fidelity contracts as is.

Anyways... as of today, Quotes are:

Protective ( TPP/TSP ) 2003 Rs6

UNDER 40k Miles $100 deductible:
48/48 $4084
36/36 $3277
24/24 $2750
12/12 $2393

OVER 40k Miles $100 deductible:
48/48 $5485
36/36 $4142
24/24 $3267
12/12 $2673

OVER 70k Miles $100 deductible:
36/36 $5095
24/24 $3836
12/12 $2980

Steve

Innovator
December 1st, 2009, 00:24
48 month 48,000 miles Fidelity Platinum with 100 deduct cost me 3,000 plus 8% tax. My car has 44K on the odo.. It was 45 dollars extra for them to check out the car before the warranty sale, as that is part of Fidelitys requirement . Dealer cost is between 2700 and 2800. The rest is mark up, based on their level of greed.. The trick to getting a good price is, to tell them what YOU want to pay for the warranty.

Make them know that they (the dealer) will utlimately be getting paid by the very warranty they are selling to you. That can be their profit. For the dealer, it's like money in the bank with these cars..:rs6kiss:

Mudguts
December 1st, 2009, 01:39
Innovator - what dealer sold you the warranty?

THanks,
Matt

wmgarton
December 1st, 2009, 01:48
I spoke with Checkered Flag and am waiting for Chandler to get back to me.

The folks at Audi of Bernardsville quoted:
5yr/60k $6537
4yr/48k $5413
3yr/36k $4578
2yr/24k $3724

I'll try McDonald Audi now...

Any intell is appreciated.

Thanks,
MG
Matt,
Do Canadian Audi dealers honor warrantieis purchased in U.S?
Bill

Mudguts
December 1st, 2009, 02:18
Yes.

The Fidelity warranty covers US and Canada. I called an Audi deal in Toronto and they confirmed that they work with extended warranty providers. Upon identifying any warranty, the dealer would contact Fidelity for authorization of service. If authorized, they pay by corporate credit card, so it's a win-win...

-MG

wmgarton
December 1st, 2009, 03:16
Can the warranty be purchased in Canada?
If you purchase in the U.S., does your car need to be inspected there first, or can it be purchased in U.S. with inspection in Canada?

Mudguts
December 1st, 2009, 04:47
Yes. The warranty can be purchased in Canada and I don't think that an inspection is mandatory.

In fact, all the places I spoke with offered a payment plan at zero interest over 18 payments (1 per month) with 10% down.

So far, I got 5yr/60K quoted at just under $5K... This seems high considering Innovator scored 4 yr/48K for $3,000!

If you have a contact for better pricing, I would really appreciate the hook-up!

Thanks,
Matt

Mudguts
December 1st, 2009, 20:19
Gents,

My car will arrive soon, so need to get this figured out...

To date, the best deal I have seen that is recent is $3,000 for 48/48 by Innovator in the NY area.

I just got a quote of just under $4,700 for 60m/60k with $100 deductable...

Anyone else find better then $4,700 for 60/60?

Cheers,
MG

Mudguts
December 4th, 2009, 04:06
quick bump for any input before I dive in @ 4700 for 60/60??

Thanks,
MG

DonS
December 4th, 2009, 04:21
Your price seems about right depending on the miles. Six months ago I was quoted a Fidelity Platinum from Keyes Audi for:

"Fidelity Platinum coverage ... <O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
6/72 $4717.00<O:p</O:p
6/60 $4100.00<O:p</O:p
5/60 $3964.00<O:p</O:p
4/60 $3910.00<O:p</O:p
4/48 $3514.00<O:p</O:p
3/36 $2998.00<O:p</O:p
2/24 $2530.00<O:p</O:p
1/12 $2172.00<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:pAll prices eligible for a 10% discount if warranty purchased within 30 days."<O:p</O:p

My car had 39k. I grabbed the 6/72 and took the 10% off.

Mudguts
December 4th, 2009, 12:19
Thanks DonS.

6/72 is off the table from what I can tell, but this tells me that I am getting closer the bottom line...

Anyone else?

Yellow RS6
December 4th, 2009, 13:40
About a month ago, I was quoted $4500 for 4/48 with 64,000 miles.

DHall1
December 4th, 2009, 14:56
Everyone,

I think Matt needs to know which dealer you used or called for the said quotes.

I posted the two dealers I have used and that is the extent of my knowledge. One of those dealers has the low price right now.

Post your dealers name.:eye:

Yellow RS6
December 4th, 2009, 15:33
My quote was from Jim Ellis Audi in Marietta, GA. He can try them, but I was inferring that since I was quoted $4500 for 4/48, he should take his 6/60 for only $200 more. Unless there are even better deals around.

DHall1
December 4th, 2009, 16:03
Its a phone call to see. Your car has 20k more miles and that plays a role in the $$ calcs.

Which members used that big dealer out in VA? I think GenXer and a couple of others have used them for Fidelity.

Anyone

My quote was from Jim Ellis Audi in Marietta, GA. He can try them, but I was inferring that since I was quoted $4500 for 4/48, he should take his 6/60 for only $200 more. Unless there are even better deals around.

RS6VA
December 14th, 2009, 02:05

I am dealing with a similar issue with SA, I will update this week once I determine how they handle it. So far their so called inspections must be done by some very shady and/or inexperienced techs as they are missing very obvious things - I beleive on purpose.