PDA

View Full Version : Need help locating an RS6

Mudguts
November 16th, 2009, 01:50
Hi,

I have been searching for a well cared for & maintained RS6 for the past 2 months. Since I live in Toronto, Canada I would prefer a local 2004 car over importing a 2003 model.

I have a line on a car with 128,000 Kilometers and the dealer swears that it is in excellent condition. Deal maintained, recent DSG, TB @ 108K, interior looks good, etc. The mileage has me a little spooked... Here's the link:

http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_Cars_details/ORANGEVILLE_Ontario_2004_AUDI_RS6+4.2L+Twin+Turbo+ V8_2872968.html?srcid=6383831&source=27&pgno=1&srt=70&CompanyID=ON20080915094205830&r=ontario&ad-attributes=photos

To that end, please contact me if you are aware of anyone up north that wants to part with a nice car.

All leads are welcome, so post a known good car or shoot me a PM.

Thanks (eh),
MG

Mudguts
November 16th, 2009, 22:36
Hi again,

I'm still looking for any leads or guidance on Canadian cars, so please don't be shy...

On the RS6 that I am looking at, the dealer has suggested that I go with Lubrico for an aftermarket warrranty.

Does anyone have experience with Lubrico or what the common challenges are with aftermarket warranties as it applies to RS6's?

I have a Lubico price list, but can't upload the PDF b/c it's over the size limit (863KB). Basically, I could get a basic warranty that covers $3,000 per claim for $1,299 for 1 year or $1,499 for 2 years (max. 20K kilometers per year). Superior warrantly for $1,8939 for 1 year, $2,199 for 2 years and 2,399 for 3 years that covers $5,000 per claim (year 1 & 2 are unlimited kilometers and year three option is up to 60K kilometers).

Is this in line with what you have down south? Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,
MG

DHall1
November 16th, 2009, 23:26
Not many of us up in the north woods.

Too bad you missed a Canadian member selling his car a month back.

There were just a few RS6 models even sold in Canada. I would be weary of an dealer knowing what to service or how.

Search function is good on this site. I have never heard of the ext warranty company that you mentioned.

We use Audi/Fidelity plans backed by Audi. They are not going out of business and have no limit per service.

Mudguts
November 17th, 2009, 01:06
DHall1,

Thanks for your input on the warranty!

I realize that these are rare up north, so am willing to wait for a good one.

The member who sold a month ago - was it a 66Km car with Alcon front brakes in the (613) area code? It looked like a great example, if that was the one.

What about importing an '03 from the US? An importer told me that it wasn't an issue. I did a search and couldn't find anything... It's not on the Audi restricted list, so I am assuming that it would be just a matter of paper work, day time lights... Anyone go through this on the board?

Anyhow, ALL leads are appreciated.

Cheers,
MG

DHall1
November 17th, 2009, 05:40
Yes, import your car from the US.

Prices are cheap in the US right now and your dollar is kicking our a$$.

There are a couple of added taxes but in the end you will win win win.

Oh yeah, and a better subject title would give our Canadian members a clue about your situation. We have a member on the board who imported a US spec into Canada last year. Biggleworth or something like that.

Good luck

DHall1,

Thanks for your input on the warranty!

I realize that these are rare up north, so am willing to wait for a good one.

The member who sold a month ago - was it a 66Km car with Alcon front brakes in the (613) area code? It looked like a great example, if that was the one.

What about importing an '03 from the US? An importer told me that it wasn't an issue. I did a search and couldn't find anything... It's not on the Audi restricted list, so I am assuming that it would be just a matter of paper work, day time lights... Anyone go through this on the board?

Anyhow, ALL leads are appreciated.

Cheers,
MG

Bigglezworth
November 17th, 2009, 07:01
I imported mine just over a year ago. We can talk on the phone. PM me and we can exchange particulars.

Tim

wmgarton
November 17th, 2009, 07:25
I also bought last year (Sept./08).
You can contact me as well with any questions.
Glad to help if I can

Bill

Mudguts
November 18th, 2009, 04:24
Bill/Tim,

PM sent with my work email & cellular. Your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I have gotten a quote from ImportTrader.com which seems reasonable, but need some input.

Cheers,
MG