PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Stock set of wheels and tires in fair condition. Must be in the south west

DHall1
November 14th, 2009, 01:13
As the title states.

If you have a cheap set of stock wheels/tires or whatever will fit over RS6 brakes....LMK.

Fair condition is ok but location to AZ must be close.

Thanks

GEN XER
November 14th, 2009, 18:23
Im sorry Dave. I have just what you want, unfortunately Im in VA. I have shipped a set of chrome wheels to the west coast before and you don't want to do that. The shipping kills the deal, unless like in my case the buyer just had to have the wheels and I got them to him at a good price even with shipping. Good luck on your hunt. I have to keep mine so I can get out of the tickets I get when I drive mine. The whole calibration thing you know.

bruce
November 14th, 2009, 18:27
Are you going to do what I think you are?

I think we've been thinking the same thing....

DHall1
November 14th, 2009, 18:36
Bruce,

Too funny. I sent you a PM

Willie-thanks and your correct the shipping will kill the deal. Call me next week if you want to learn a few more hedge options.

RS6-4dr911
November 15th, 2009, 13:00

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Are you thinking he's thinking what I think he's thinking? Wait . . what are you thinking?

I might have a set that's in very good condition since I just picked up a set this weekend and I'm planning on doing what either of you may be planning - a poor man's Bi-Moto: Polish/machine the lip and spokes, paint the rest body color (Daytona Gray). If you think shipping from TX to AZ is not too far, let me know.

Is that it? Do I get a chicken dinner?

SAFE4NOW
November 15th, 2009, 14:40
FYI: USPS will ship a wrapped wheel from DFW to Boston, FL, or San Diego for $24. per wheel.

DHall1
November 15th, 2009, 18:10
Really? Did you use usps.com or just take the wrapped wheel/tire down to the post office?

FYI: USPS will ship a wrapped wheel from DFW to Boston, FL, or San Diego for $24. per wheel.

DHall1
November 15th, 2009, 18:14
I dont know about poor mans Bimoto but I will never own Bimotos in this lifetime. :cool2: They can stick em where the sun dont shine. Polished or not.

Tell me about your extra set. If we can get them shipped for 100 it would be worth it. PM sent

No free dinners but you guys are giving me good ideas. :deal:

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Are you thinking he's thinking what I think he's thinking? Wait . . what are you thinking?

I might have a set that's in very good condition since I just picked up a set this weekend and I'm planning on doing what either of you may be planning - a poor man's Bi-Moto: Polish/machine the lip and spokes, paint the rest body color (Daytona Gray). If you think shipping from TX to AZ is not too far, let me know.

Is that it? Do I get a chicken dinner?

RS6-4dr911
November 15th, 2009, 19:03
No free dinners but . . . . :deal:

Oh really ? Fine. I'm not shipping squat then until you divulge what you're planning.

DuckWingDuck
November 15th, 2009, 20:00
ya, shipping isn't that bad, it was a tad over a hundred from LA to Connecticut, no tires though, just packed wheels

SAFE4NOW
November 16th, 2009, 02:28
Really? Did you use usps.com or just take the wrapped wheel/tire down to the post office?

On several different occasions. In the beginning , I spent alot of time wrapping, then boxing up wheels to ship.

Lately, I have had the same luck bubble wrapping then shrink wrapping the wheel only.

There is a major postal hub 10m from the office, so I drop them off after work.

12 for 12 ( sets of wheels sold ) with out a hitch. ( knocking on wood )

Steve

DuckWingDuck
November 16th, 2009, 02:43
always a good excuse to bring up this classic:

http://pictures.twilightstar.net/d/21094-3/IMG_0448.JPG

bruce
November 16th, 2009, 19:08
Oh really ? Fine. I'm not shipping squat then until you divulge what you're planning.

I'm thinking I might want another set myself.

DHall1
November 16th, 2009, 19:12
See what I get for giving out top secret information.

:doh:

I'm thinking I might want another set myself.

bruce
November 16th, 2009, 19:57
See what I get for giving out top secret information.

:doh:

he he he

I was thinking what I was thinking before you were thinking what you were thinking.

he he he

:vhmmm:

DHall1
November 16th, 2009, 21:50
:brag:

It was my idea!

:w:

No it was my idea first but I didnt tell anybody.

:nono:

It was myyyyyyy idea because my car is faster and I will beat you to the jackpot.

LOL - you cant make this stuff up. Were all crazy.

RS6-4dr911
November 17th, 2009, 22:36
and you still haven't divulged wtf you're up to . . .

bruce
November 19th, 2009, 17:04
:brag:

It was my idea!

Did you find your wheels? I found a great set of OEM RS6 wheels and am contemplating my options.....

DHall1
November 19th, 2009, 17:26
Not yet.

What did you find? With tires?

I want a average set of rims with so/so tires. cheap. Not asking for much....I know.

Did you find your wheels? I found a great set of OEM RS6 wheels and am contemplating my options.....