PDA

View Full Version : Another new owner here

4everRS
November 13th, 2009, 21:25
Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first, err second time post-er here. Been watching this forum for a long time and reading nearly every thread. Finally bought a C5 RS6 yesterday. I don't have it yet and is coming to me in MN from PA. It is a one owner car, spotless carfax and great service history. Fred Baker Audi in Ohio has done the service from day 1. Anyone had an expirence with this dealership? Has 73k on the clock and is Daytona Grey with Silver interior. Price was 24k. I had a 1999 A6 before this and was very happy with it besides the performance.
DRC has been done and I hope it doesn't have the allroad look. Front brakes were done at 65k. One of the first things to do is buy a set of EBC reds as I am sure the dealership put on the pagids. I'll post some picts when I get the car in a week or so.
P.S. Apologies to AudiRS4ever for having a similar screenname. Realized it after I set it up.

MaxRS6
November 13th, 2009, 21:43
Welcome aboard the crazy train! Look forward to your pic and comment posts after delivery.

AudiRS4ever
November 13th, 2009, 22:21
Welcome aboard. This is by far the best RS6 forum around. It sounds like a great car and we'll look forward to pics when you get it. If the DRC recall has been done there's a 99.9% chance that is looks like an Allroad now. Congrats again and don't worry about the screen name, I'm flattered. :jlol:

V8weight
November 13th, 2009, 23:13
where in MN are you located?

4everRS
November 14th, 2009, 00:11
if your in st paul park, I am north of you about 100 miles. North of st cloud a little ways. We'll have to get together sometime. I have spoken with another board member TylerRS6, and he let me know of a cool looking club, cars and coffee. Do you go?

V8weight
November 14th, 2009, 03:48
if your in st paul park, I am north of you about 100 miles. North of st cloud a little ways. We'll have to get together sometime. I have spoken with another board member TylerRS6, and he let me know of a cool looking club, cars and coffee. Do you go?
Yep, I frequent the cars and coffee shows. It's a great event, good chance to see cars you never imagined lurking around MN.

4everRS
November 14th, 2009, 04:33
Can't wait to make it there. I assume they postpone for winter and start again in the spring. Your El Camino has a 396? Great ride. I have a 64 chevy c-10 that I customized a bit.

V8weight
November 14th, 2009, 04:58
Can't wait to make it there. I assume they postpone for winter and start again in the spring. Your El Camino has a 396? Great ride. I have a 64 chevy c-10 that I customized a bit.
No, just a 350, but considerably tweaked. It's running about 440 hp, and I retrofitted a 4l60 4 speed overdrive with a 10" stall converter and I'm running a 3:73 auburn posi. Here's the only pics I could find, kind of dirty but this is the car in a nutshell. I did the body restoration when I was 18. Any pics of the C10? Oh, by the way. Apparently the Cars and Coffee event will be running the first Saturday of the month all winter this year. Pretty much park the cars and retreat to the clubhouse.
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/032.jpg
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/031.jpg

4everRS
November 14th, 2009, 22:14
Beautiful car! Didn't find any of mine so I snapped a couple quick picts. Hibernating for winter.
Ready for winter is the 1000cc Thundercat - quickest machine I have ever been on.

Ruergard
November 14th, 2009, 22:33
Welcome aboard and congratz to he car!

Post pics when i arrives! :)

Erik
November 15th, 2009, 18:37
Welcome 4everRS, I encourage more lurkers to go online. Makes it easier to search if you're looking for something.

4everRS
November 16th, 2009, 02:57
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am anxiously awaiting delivery. Of course I am now thinking of all the things that could go wrong with the car when I get it. Paranoia is trying to set in. For all the lurkers out there, just join, and be respectful.