PDA

View Full Version : Lawyer and Accountant say car has to go...

uberrs6
November 12th, 2009, 22:30
In the last 6 months my salary has been cut in half. Since my RS6 is NOT my daily driver and I owe money on it, the car has to go. I want the car to go to an enthusiast who can appreciate this car. It will KILL me to see it go to a repo-auction therefore I will sell it for exactly what I owe on it. $24,000. As of 11/10/09 I have stopped making payments. If I don’t sell it in 30 days I will remove the RNS-E Navigation, the blue tooth module, the Sirius radio, the LED tail lights, replacing all the stock items before the repo man comes to get it.

Details on the car:

2003 Audi RS6 Daytona Gray, Ebony interior with the Poplar wood package, 68K miles. Hot weather package, Sound enhancing exhaust. Sun shades on rear doors, power sun shade on rear glass. The car was manufactured in December of 03 with a VIN of 5774 so it was very close to the last one produced.

Modifications:

RNS-E DVD navigation system with Sirius radio and Blue tooth connect. (I removed the On-Star unit and the lojack) all the stock items go with the car.

LED rear tail lights.

VW Phaeton front brake ducts and dust shields.

3M clear bra installed from day 1. There are NO stone chips on the nose of this car and the headlights are crystal clear.

I also have a custom fitted cover for it.

New items:

OEM front brake rotors and pads replaced less than 1000 miles ago.

DRC recall complete by Scottsdale Audi. While it was there, they replaced the upper control arm bushings and did a 4 wheel alignment.

4 matching Goodyear F1 tires with less than 5000 miles on them.

Condition:

I am the 3rd owner of this car. It started life in Utah and moved to Phoenix after just 1 year. All maintenance performed by Audi and is up to date. I have the CarFax to show its history. I DO NOT have an extended warranty on this car.

Outside: A 9 out of 10. There has never been any paint work done to this car. The only blemishes on the car are in two places. Both are the result of the failed DRC. (The DRC recall / upgrade is now complete) 1. Just in front of the wheel on the right lower bumper there are two scrapes from entering driveway skirts and the bumper scraped due to the suspension being too compliant. 2. The left from wheel arch has a paint crack from the tire rubbing on the inside of the fender. Again a result of the DRC allowing the body of the car to compress too much. Since the DRC has been replaced, these places don't hit anymore.

The OEM wheels are perfect with no curb rash or brake dust stains. (when I rotate the wheels I clean and wax the entire wheel including the inside of the rims).

Inside: Also a 9 out of 10. The usual rubber tone flaking off the door handles and typical wear on the leather for a 6 year old car. The car has NEVER been smoked in.

Needs:

It is due for the 70K service including timing belt and transmission service. I bought the fluid, filter and gasket to due the transmission service and I was getting ready to start collecting parts for the timing belt. The car has 68K and change so it’s getting close.

The rear brake rotors are scored but the pads are still in good shape. It will need rear brakes soon.

Letting this car go is one of the hardest things I’ve done in my life. Because it’s not my daily driver I never use it in bad weather and I use it as little as possible in the summer. Turbo cars don't like the heat and I never let it sit out in the sun.

I have posted a bunch of pictures here...

http://picasaweb.google.com/daytonagrayghost/Nov122009#

They were all taken today.

Please call 602-826-1384 or email daytonagrayghost@gmail.com with questions. The price is non-negotiable as this is what I owe. I cant afford to pay you to take my car. It’s either 24K or the repo man gets it.

Thanks for reading this far

AudiRS4ever
November 13th, 2009, 00:08
Very sorry to hear about this. I sent you an email and will be letting people know about your car if they are in the market. Good luck.

DHall1
November 13th, 2009, 01:06
Sorry about the situation.

I am in AZ is the car avail to see asap?
I just sent an email.

If anyone wants a visual.....I plan to look at the car asap. LMK

Dave

BenA
November 13th, 2009, 16:20
Is the CarFax clean? Has it ever had a paint analysis to determine if there was body work done not reported to CarFax? The rear bumper looks significantly different than the rest of the car... which I know can happen even from the factory... but is more often result of replacement bumper.

uberrs6
November 13th, 2009, 16:49
The CarFax is clean. I have not done any kind of paint analysis but I have been a hard-core car guy and in the industry ( many years ago I worked in a body shop) long enough to know that all the paint is original. I clay bar and only use the finest of polishes. I am very critical of paint condition and reflected light. Both front and rear bumpers are a shade darker than the rest of the car. The camera and the cloudy skies make it much worse than when you look at the car in person. All other Daytona Gray cars that I have seen are like this from the factory.

mmaturo
November 13th, 2009, 17:50
The CarFax is clean. I have not done any kind of paint analysis but I have been a hard-core car guy and in the industry ( many years ago I worked in a body shop) long enough to know that all the paint is original. I clay bar and only use the finest of polishes. I am very critical of paint condition and reflected light. Both front and rear bumpers are a shade darker than the rest of the car. The camera and the cloudy skies make it much worse than when you look at the car in person. All other Daytona Gray cars that I have seen are like this from the factory.

Hope its the lighting in the pic. Mine is actually rather close in the rear and it is definitely the original paint. My front i resprayed though and clear-bra'd from rock damage. I see a difference more on Avus cars than i have on Daytona.

Nice car obviously, good luck with the sale, i have faced pay reductions and have stared at my car many times in the last two years that it must go but i owe a little more than you do so its still too much to cover the spread if i sell it

RS6Driver
November 13th, 2009, 17:57
Something is really fishy with that rear end, pretty sure it has been repainted...

MaxRS6
November 13th, 2009, 20:30
Something is really fishy with that rear end, pretty sure it has been repainted...

Look at picture blckpckg3 and it has the same issue..:eye:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19668

terrytcl
November 13th, 2009, 21:24
yeah, the rear bumper looks a bit odd. you can notice a bit of a color difference between the rear bumper and the rest of the car, but not to that extent.

also, how much for the RSNE?

:)

uberrs6
November 13th, 2009, 22:12
I will take offers on the RNS-E, the Bluetooth module, the Sirius radio and the LED tail lights. I already have a few offers via email.

Please remember I prefer to sell these items with the car. I will wait 30 days to see if there are any bites on the car. So On December 12th if the car has not sold I will remove the items and replace them with the stock components. Then will choose the highest offer for each item.

Thanks

RS6-4dr911
November 14th, 2009, 04:45
PM sent.

uberrs6
November 15th, 2009, 18:42
Here is a picture of the car taken in better light with a better camera. This is more like the way the car looks in person. If the rear bumper has been painted they did a hell of a job matching the orange peel texture of the rest of the car, the clear coat gloss and texture. There is also no sign of overspray and no signs of tape flashing.

eurotunedrs6
November 17th, 2009, 07:06
I'm in the market for an rs6, well a newer car but I'm hoping for an rs6. Just curious how much a 70k service like you described usually goes for since I would technically pretty much be paying that additional money for the car. Nice car, I wish more of the rs6s I have been looking at had the carbon fiber trim though. Once I hear back on other cars, as well as figure out how much the 70k service is I might be in touch with you.

Yellow RS6
November 17th, 2009, 13:48
It's actually a 75K service, so that gives you a few thousand more miles. Figure around $3000+ at the dealer, but check with indy shops. You should be able to get just the timing belt part of the service (not including oil, filters, etc.) for around $1600.

eurotunedrs6
November 17th, 2009, 17:45
ok 75k gives some breathing room, but not very much. It is a nice car though and the RNS-E is a nice upgrade. Ill keep this car in my mind.

ben916
December 2nd, 2009, 03:07
status????

DHall1
December 2nd, 2009, 03:10
RNSE and Phaeton ducts with new rotors are in my car. :incar:

Car is going back to the bank. :w: Bank does not want to haggle. :nana:

status????

SAF
December 2nd, 2009, 03:12
Someone is working on a deal I believe. ;)

SAF
December 2nd, 2009, 03:13
Oh no! Really?

DHall1
December 2nd, 2009, 03:15
Not looking good. Lets see if the bank calls me on my bluff. Actually its not a bluff its a once and final offer.

Will know more tomorrow.

Someone is working on a deal I believe. ;)

ben916
December 2nd, 2009, 03:18
oppss! Hope I didn't burst your bubble/secret.... I am really good at that!

DHall1
December 2nd, 2009, 04:36
No worries,

The final call is tomorrow morning. I hope to give the car a new home but its totally up the banker.

Dont hold your breath.

ben916
December 2nd, 2009, 04:46
i was hoping for a wicked XMAS present...