PDA

View Full Version : 625 hp RS6

Jetset
August 28th, 2003, 09:49
great news..!

If you havenīt heard yet B&B has made 460 kw/ 625 hp at 6300 r.p.m Vmax limited to 320 km/h of our baby...!

Now we have a 4 second (0-60)ferrari and porcshe tt beater...!!

Super!!! :trans:

Muju
August 28th, 2003, 11:27
Hey Jetset,

Thats really nice. Is B&B a german company? the engine looks fabulous on that babie. Nice picture:cheers:

Erik
August 28th, 2003, 11:43
http://www.bb-automobiltechnik.de/english/english.html

Finnus
August 28th, 2003, 13:14
Now we have a 4 second (0-60)ferrari and porcshe tt beater...!!

Impressive!!! Do you have any performance stats? I didn't see any on BB's website.

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

steve
August 28th, 2003, 16:10
I know from a german magazine it does 0-62 in 3.8 seconds

nene
August 28th, 2003, 16:21
It would be nice to have some concrete evidence other then just numbers thrown around. I'm sure the engine can be pushed far, but let's see some concrete output.

I'm sure the dyno machine gives some sort of output. Can you find anything on this?

jimmy94507
August 28th, 2003, 17:13
I'd also like to know the resultant torque and what they did to the transmission so it could handle this performance.

Jim

Bauer
August 28th, 2003, 17:38
Yes, yes I am very intrested need more info:hihi: Espcially if anyone has video of this monster in action and the numbers along with it.

Bauer
03 RS6
01 S8
92 S4

gmbh6
August 28th, 2003, 20:07
I like the corporate culture around here.........."we want proof"

If those claims are true I'm sure they'll eventually back them up.

.......so would a company like that...being in Germany...license someone in SoCal to do the install?

How exactly does the tuning world work?

Or do you just have to find the best tuner in your area?

anyone have any thoughts on that......thanks.

nene
August 28th, 2003, 20:58
'Best' is such an interesting word ins't it? What's really defined as best, since we all might have slightly different levels of understanding as to what might be reasonably best for ourselves.

Ok ... enough of that mambo jambo I just said there...

The RS6 off the factory floor is such a refined and balanced car. That for me right there defines 'best'!!! Now, what could possibly make this car any better, or even 'bestest'? ( I know it's not a word)

Wheels? Well, I could get something larger, say 19" or 20" rims, to make it look really pimpin'! But then I'd be foregoing some of the comfort level I now feel during my daily commute. So, is it really best to change the wheels? I could just simply pick another set of 18" rims, and ride comfort stays, but now car is personalized, thus the change is not really that big of a deal.

Chip? Well, the car will be faster, but is that enough to define making the car better? What if now the MAF sensor or the BPVs start to give me shitze every 3 months, that I need to get new ones? Well, it's only about $40 for a set of 2 BPVs, and I can have all that additional horsepower! So, is the additional shitze that I have to deal with about changing BPVs with the change in season really worth the extra ponnies?

I won't bore you with anything else. All I'm trying to say is that usually any change made will somehow unbalance an awesome car such as the RS6. Why screw with it?
My only experience has been with the B5 S4s, and I have never seen/heard of any of them that did major mods, such as K04, chip, suspension, wheels, etc., that the car was a great and reliable commuter car. I even know one her in Boston (K04Madness), which went as far as Colorado to find a good tuner, and all he complains is that his car is still not running smooth. It won't ever, and it can't!!!!

You start modding, and the car will never be the same balanced beast that it was when your first received it!
It's good to have tuners, since they do push the envelope, but can they really say the car is better after being tuned? They can say it's faster probably, but better, the jury is still out on that one.

I for once will learn from my S4 experience. Summer wheels are the only thing my beast will get, and she better be happy with it!

Now go out there and mod!

Erik
August 28th, 2003, 21:04
I know for sure that RS6-Thomas uses his misano red 500 hp RS6 in everyday use.

But I do agree that when you start changing the original ECU there might be problems.

Both my last cars were chipped and there have been issues. Related to the chip or not? Well, yes in a way.

But to change the wheels etc. should be no problem as long as you make sure they fit.

Erik
August 28th, 2003, 21:32
...and have a look at this.

http://www.bb-automobiltechnik.de/english/mau_v_rs6.html

Torque is 730 Nm as you can see.

0 - 200 km/h is 996 Turbo time, around 14.5 secs.

avdh
August 29th, 2003, 08:50
I tend to agree with Nene.
Personally, I think that when it comes to balance, the RS6 is about as much as one is going to get from a C5 platform.
I fact having a S6, I am still concerned with the balance of the RS6, as it is the same chassis, yes I know, with a lot of differences, but it is still the same platform.

Mods to 500 bhp may be ok and may not srew up the balance of the car, but 600 bhp? I think that's looking for trouble.

We have many chipped S3's in SA, those who stick to stage 1 chips, 260 bhp, do not seems to have any problems, however the "greedy" :) ones, end up having tons of problems, on a regular basis.

Even so, so far we have not chipped the 165 kW/225 bhp S3.

The S6 has been chipped, plus a few more mods and has in the region of 294 kW/400 bhp, but, most of that car's life is spent at 1750 m altitude thus it looses 16% of it's power compared to sea level, hence it is safe to assume that at the elevation I am at, the S6 does not have any more stress than a standard S6 at sea level.
Of course when I go to sea level it's a lot more fun, but even with the suspension mods, I can feel that 400 ponies for that particular car is about as much I can expect without destryoing the balance of the car.

avdh
August 29th, 2003, 08:53
Oops, the message loaded up twice!

Erik, how can I delete a message?

Erik
August 29th, 2003, 09:17
Originally posted by avdh
Oops, the message loaded up twice!
Erik, how can I delete a message?

Did you?

"Edit" + "Delete post"

avdh
August 29th, 2003, 09:51
Originally posted by Erik
Did you?

"Edit" + "Delete post"

Yes I did, but I deleted the text with the edit mode, but did not noticed I could delete the post as well...:confused:

djinn
September 17th, 2003, 14:04
hi everybody!
I live in Turkey and i know there is one that is 550 hp .Hey Steve the one that is making 3,8. What is its horse power?

steve
September 17th, 2003, 14:24
It is the 625 bhp from the B&B RS6

It was in a tuning edition of Auto Motor Und Sport.

djinn
September 18th, 2003, 15:36
where do you live in Belgium Steve?

steve
September 18th, 2003, 15:51
In Sint- Niklaas

Why?:D

djinn
September 18th, 2003, 16:01
i just wondered. Do you know Turkey don't you?

steve
September 18th, 2003, 16:35
Yes I do :D

djinn
September 19th, 2003, 16:49
i live in there:)

Erik
September 19th, 2003, 16:53
Please use the pm function for personal communication... ;)

tpappas
September 19th, 2003, 20:45
The link seems to be dead for B&B. Any thoughts? Also, does anyone know if B&B has a USA Importer?