PDA

View Full Version : Please post mileage+ costly repairs + opinion

GBG
November 10th, 2009, 19:34
I'd like to get a sense of how these cars hold up over time. I've got 52k on the clock, and, at the risk of being overly optimistic, I really do hope to get 150k+ miles before the checkered flag. Can those of you with 75k+ miles please:

1. Post actual mileage
2. Post any significant repairs (cost > $1k) needed
3. Note your subjective opinion on how the car is holding up

Thanks!

shoeboxjoe
November 10th, 2009, 23:59
i just test drove one with 74k on it and had my local Audi dealer pull up all the service records for me. So far there have been no major issues but the timing belt is due to be replaced and they quoted me $2200. The other service records were for basic maintenance like accessory belt, wiper blades, lights, battery, etc. A couple "Check Engine" lights that were small fixes like broken vacuum lines and one faulty sensor.

If i can work out how to get the timing belt replaced and where to get a warranty, i'm probably going to make him an offer. I wasn't as surprised with the power as I thought i would be, what impressed me most was how tight the suspension and handling was considering the weight of the car.

:rs6kiss:

Hy Octane
November 11th, 2009, 00:40
LoL!! LoL!!

V8weight
November 11th, 2009, 00:56
LoL!! LoL!!
Hy octane and Mark need not reply:lovl:

DHall1
November 11th, 2009, 04:25
Pat,

You mean this S4 is not in the cards this year??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-Audi-S4-Avant-twin-turbo-Black-rare-6speed-loaded_W0QQitemZ300363204756QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_ Cars_Trucks?hash=item45ef0ac894

I sense a bit of political sarcasm in your sig? :eye:

Trust me, we aint seen nothing yet.

RS6NZ
November 11th, 2009, 08:00
I'd like to get a sense of how these cars hold up over time. I've got 52k on the clock, and, at the risk of being overly optimistic, I really do hope to get 150k+ miles before the checkered flag. Can those of you with 75k+ miles please:

1. Post actual mileage
2. Post any significant repairs (cost > $1k) needed
3. Note your subjective opinion on how the car is holding up

Thanks!

88K miles (140K km). No major repairs needed yet, only normal service items (which can be significant in themselves eg disks and pads). Only significant issue was failed thermostat, and because of location got waterpump and cambelt done (early) at the same time which cost a bit. Various other minor niggles (CV boots, oil seals).

Tranny still seems to be in good shape, and so far DRC is OK. Doesn't seem to have been an issue in downunder cars as far as I can tell. Fingers, toes and all other appendages crossed!

portos
November 11th, 2009, 10:42
88K miles (140K km). No major repairs needed yet, only normal service items (which can be significant in themselves eg disks and pads). Only significant issue was failed thermostat, and because of location got waterpump and cambelt done (early) at the same time which cost a bit. Various other minor niggles (CV boots, oil seals).

Tranny still seems to be in good shape, and so far DRC is OK. Doesn't seem to have been an issue in downunder cars as far as I can tell. Fingers, toes and all other appendages crossed!

110K miles (175K km) here. Nothing extraordinary in the cars history. Normal services and the DRC replaced @74K miles.

The car itself is a 2002/11 registered and served the first part of its life in Luxembourg (now in Sweden for 4 years).

I have had the tranny serviced at Audi. Service mechanic that did the service said that there were no sludge & the oil was not that bad. Maybe someone else has had that done earlier aswell. I would have thought that @ 93k miles there would be nasty stuff in there.

My goal is to drive the RS6 as my daily driver for atleast 3 years now. I get aroung 10-15K miles per year...

For that reason I have been reading the forums and trying to absorb all the possible info on what could go wrong & how to fix it or do pre-emptive stuff to avoid problems!

PS. Here in the North there is no such thing as a aftermarket warranty =) You guys are lucky!

GBG
November 12th, 2009, 21:38
110K miles (175K km) here. Nothing extraordinary in the cars history. Normal services and the DRC replaced @74K miles.

The car itself is a 2002/11 registered and served the first part of its life in Luxembourg (now in Sweden for 4 years).

I have had the tranny serviced at Audi. Service mechanic that did the service said that there were no sludge & the oil was not that bad. Maybe someone else has had that done earlier aswell. I would have thought that @ 93k miles there would be nasty stuff in there.

My goal is to drive the RS6 as my daily driver for atleast 3 years now. I get aroung 10-15K miles per year...

For that reason I have been reading the forums and trying to absorb all the possible info on what could go wrong & how to fix it or do pre-emptive stuff to avoid problems!

PS. Here in the North there is no such thing as a aftermarket warranty =) You guys are lucky!

Thanks Ports and RS6NZ. Those are both very encouraging mileage numbers, particulalry 110k, with very few repairs!!:jlol:

I was a bit disappointed by the intitial responses, but you guys cheered me up! :)

mmaturo
November 12th, 2009, 23:21

who me : ) ehhhh mine is hanging in there. I think it will make it the distance.