PDA

View Full Version : High miles RS6?

shoeboxjoe
November 9th, 2009, 20:04
I finally sold my A6 and was looking to replace it with an Rs6. I'm in central Wisconsin and have found several available with 70k-100k miles. I was hoping for something around 50k but the pickings are quite slim at the moment. I imagine there are some on this forum with high miles? How do they hold up?

Also if you know of any for sale in the Milwaukee or Minneapolis area's I'd appreciate a heads up. There are several ad's where the sellers don't list contact info and haven't been responding to emails.

Thanks!

3audis_sofar
November 9th, 2009, 20:55
I took this RS6 (http://www.reinaintlauto.com/2003-audi-rs-6-quattro-c-376.htm) in Brookfield, WI for a test drive about 6 weeks ago. Awesome car, but I didn't think I could afford to maintain it, so I passed and will have to settle for a B6 S4.

3audis_sofar
November 9th, 2009, 20:58
Here (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=269192969&dealer_id=612775&car_year=2003&rdm=1257799743785&lastStartYear=1981&model=RS6&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=200&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&make=AUDI&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=53186&advanced=&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=67&standard=false) is a lower mileage, reasonably priced RS6 at Schaumberg Audi.

DonS
November 9th, 2009, 21:11
Stop by for a spin in my RS6 if you are in the Madison, WI area.

shoeboxjoe
November 9th, 2009, 21:24
The one at Shaumberg apparently sold last week the same day I called them about it, it was probably the best deal to be honest, think it went for around $27k.

I contacted the dealer in Brookfield, just waiting for them to get back to me. Was planning on checking it out this week hopefully. Thanks for the links though.

I was really hoping to hear back from THIS (http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/1432253667.html) guy who left no number...

DonS, I may take you up on that, I'm up in Wausau WI. I'm pretty sold on the RS6 though, just a matter of finding the right one. Thanks though.

V8weight
November 9th, 2009, 21:46
The one at Shaumberg apparently sold last week the same day I called them about it, it was probably the best deal to be honest, think it went for around $27k.

I contacted the dealer in Brookfield, just waiting for them to get back to me. Was planning on checking it out this week hopefully. Thanks for the links though.

I was really hoping to hear back from THIS (http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/1432253667.html) guy who left no number...

DonS, I may take you up on that, I'm up in Wausau WI. I'm pretty sold on the RS6 though, just a matter of finding the right one. Thanks though.
The Mugello blue one in the link is TylerRs6 from this board, try sending him a pm.

3audis_sofar
November 9th, 2009, 21:59

I was really hoping to hear back from THIS (http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/1432253667.html)guy who left no number...

It was still available when I called about it and it sounded good. The DRC had been done and I had them give me the measurements and they checked out. The 55K maint. consisted of spark plugs, oil change, and fluids topoff, nothing mechanical. I've been lusting after the :rs6kiss: since I drove the one in Brookfield, but the practical/responsible side of me won't let me pull the trigger on one. Maybe after I bank $10-$15K for maintaining one.....

shoeboxjoe
November 9th, 2009, 22:24
just got this email back from the Schaumberg dealer...
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJTHOMP%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJTHOMP%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJTHOMP%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:536871559 0 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;} p {mso-style-priority:99; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> [I]"I like to inform you we just sold 2003 Audi RS6! I will keep on eye if something else comes in and let you know right away!<o:p></o:p>
I'll be sure to follow up with you and assist you with any additional questions or concerns you may have, or if you need to get in touch with me sooner, please feel free to contact me via email or at the number listed below.

I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
Necko Civic
Internet Manager
CELL: (773) 988-7453
Schaumburg Audi
320 West Golf Road
Schaumburg, IL 60195"

So yea it's gone. I think I'll drive down to Brookfield tomorrow and check that RS6 out. It shows one owner in the carfax but apparently the previous dealer that had it put 30k miles on it while a dealer vehicle. The DRC was just recently "replaced" by another Audi dealer last week and they are putting new tires on it this week.

I've done all the maintenance on my 2.7T A6 so I'm hoping the RS6 won't be too bad in comparison. If it comes down to it though a friend of a friend is the local Audi dealers R8 certified technician, hopefully a couple cases of beer will persuade him to help occasionally.

GBG
November 9th, 2009, 23:47
To answer your original question, while I have about 52k on mine, the shop where a I service my car says that he services a few RS6s with 120-150k and they ride great. FWIW, se says an RS6, if well maintained, should last easy 200k.

Yellow RS6
November 10th, 2009, 14:13
If you're willing to travel (or have it shipped) and looking for something a little different, I have a yellow one with 64,xxx miles.

Amulet-S6
November 11th, 2009, 01:51
Look at the thread a few posts above: Plano TX $29k w/ <50k miles

DHall1
November 11th, 2009, 04:21
Cost of RS6 ownership in the last 15 months.

??

~400 dollars. :vhmmm:

Which includes a complete brake job front and rear with EBC Red pads.

Having Fidelity/Audi extended warranty. Priceless.

It was still available when I called about it and it sounded good. The DRC had been done and I had them give me the measurements and they checked out. The 55K maint. consisted of spark plugs, oil change, and fluids topoff, nothing mechanical. I've been lusting after the :rs6kiss: since I drove the one in Brookfield, but the practical/responsible side of me won't let me pull the trigger on one. Maybe after I bank $10-$15K for maintaining one.....

DonS
November 11th, 2009, 14:28
And buying from an RS6-er will probably save you some money as most all of us are enthusists that maintain their cars better than the average Joe. Check out uShip for competitive shipping costs. Shop around for a warranty as dealers really mark them up. The prices increase with miles at increments at probably the 10,000 marks.

PM me if you want to chat about my long-distance RS6 purchase.

SAFE4NOW
November 11th, 2009, 14:37
Look at the thread a few posts above: Plano TX $29k w/ <50k miles

x2 !!

Steve

mmaturo
November 11th, 2009, 17:20
Cost of RS6 ownership in the last 15 months.

??

~400 dollars. :vhmmm:

Which includes a complete brake job front and rear with EBC Red pads.

Having Fidelity/Audi extended warranty. Priceless.

...over 4 years mind and bank account numbing... however priceless is to drive the car as my daily over that time period. Warranty is critical although i'm now off it. You haven't eaten new rotors, cv boots, tires, new plugs (although we now know cheaper ones), on and on in your 15 months yet...they add up quick. And oil changes thanks to stabilizer bar being in the way... About to eat timing belt 2 service, oil change and anything else random that should be looked at in the 70s (all not covered by warranty anyway so i'm still looking at another 1500-2K soon. Just don't want people to think its that easy. You got your car clearly with new stuff just replaced.

DHall1
November 11th, 2009, 17:28
Mark,

I hear ya. My car only has 30k miles and that makes a difference. Timing belt/plugs will be about 300-400 bucks in parts and I will do the work myself. I drive about 7k/yr and I dont seem to eat tires very fast even with a couple of Audi fun runs in the mountains.

As noted brakes were done earlier in the year and my first set of rotors are still going strong. So I dont think the car eats rotors if your smart about changing pads and getting rid of the OEM pads.

...over 4 years mind and bank account numbing... however priceless is to drive the car as my daily over that time period. Warranty is critical although i'm now off it. You haven't eaten new rotors, cv boots, tires, new plugs (although we now know cheaper ones), on and on in your 15 months yet...they add up quick. And oil changes thanks to stabilizer bar being in the way... About to eat timing belt 2 service, oil change and anything else random that should be looked at in the 70s (all not covered by warranty anyway so i'm still looking at another 1500-2K soon. Just don't want people to think its that easy. You got your car clearly with new stuff just replaced.

mmaturo
November 11th, 2009, 17:41
Mark,

I hear ya. My car only has 30k miles and that makes a difference. Timing belt/plugs will be about 300-400 bucks in parts and I will do the work myself. I drive about 7k/yr and I dont seem to eat tires very fast even with a couple of Audi fun runs in the mountains.

As noted brakes were done earlier in the year and my first set of rotors are still going strong. So I dont think the car eats rotors if your smart about changing pads and getting rid of the OEM pads.

: ) I do drive a weeeeeeeeee bit agressive but even so with regular pad changes i still only get/got 14 to 20K out of the rotors. I do/did track the car though 3 or 4 times. But yes as you really got right that getting rid of the OEM pads with the metal retaining studs has added life (from severe groves) and since i have babied my car lately i'm still going at 20K with current rotors but old ones i was averaging 14K.

I make my comments just to add in that i'm not a do-it-yourself person as i live in a condo highrise so no place to tinker so taking it to an indendent shop will cost me $1000 more in labor

DHall1
November 11th, 2009, 18:18
Yep, excellent point vs counter point. DIY vs shop repair prices.

: ) I do drive a weeeeeeeeee bit agressive but even so with regular pad changes i still only get/got 14 to 20K out of the rotors. I do/did track the car though 3 or 4 times. But yes as you really got right that getting rid of the OEM pads with the metal retaining studs has added life (from severe groves) and since i have babied my car lately i'm still going at 20K with current rotors but old ones i was averaging 14K.

I make my comments just to add in that i'm not a do-it-yourself person as i live in a condo highrise so no place to tinker so taking it to an indendent shop will cost me $1000 more in labor

shoeboxjoe
November 11th, 2009, 18:39
Well i'm more of a DIY and I was surprised at how easy a lot of the maintenance on my '01 A6 was. I think the biggest job was changing both front axles, all control arms and tie rods but we still managed to do that all in one evening. The 2.7T i didn't have any problems with so never got to really tear into it but i have rebuilt heads on smaller engines in the past so hope I could get away with doing some of the more demanding jobs myself.

Thanks for all the info, after reading this and some other threads I feel more confident in owning an RS6.

Also FYI a great resource for inexpensive parts for all makes http://www.rockauto.com
(i'm sure many of you may already be familiar with it).

Yellow RS6
November 11th, 2009, 20:23
I think that's what it comes down to. If you're a DIY'er, especially one that can handle bigger jobs like you mention above, then maintenance isn't too bad and I would say go for an RS6. Unfortunately, I am not a DIY by any strech, so I have to take it to a shop for anything.

DonS
November 19th, 2009, 15:37
So, did you find a car?

shoeboxjoe
November 19th, 2009, 15:59
Well I decided since I've wanted an RS6 since 2003 I would just cough up the dough and buy one I really want with low miles. I bought the one in Plano Texas from TexasTS6, I'm actually arranging shipping for it this morning. I cannot wait until it gets here and hope the snow holds off so I can drive it a while on dry pavement. :rs6kiss:

DonS
November 19th, 2009, 16:07
Congratulations. Great car!

Imagine the performance when you drive on dry roads on one of those -20 degree days. The bitter cold air should make amazing HP.

shoeboxjoe
November 19th, 2009, 16:24
Thanks! Yea this was always my favorite time of year when I had my '89 Merkur XR4Ti because of just that. I was running about 22psi with the Turbonetics T3/T40E and with the cold air and dry roads it was a blast until the snow started to fall and it had to go back in storage. I may drive the RS6 this winter (my A6 2.7T was great in the snow) but think i'll look for a winter beater to keep the salt and miles off the RS6.