PDA

View Full Version : DRC..Post Recall attempt#2...

Hy Octane
November 4th, 2009, 19:20
Took it back to have it evaluated as being wrong after the first repair a few weeks ago..
Looks like one of the Central Valves isnt holding its pressure .. so a new one going in today and they will repressurize the whole system again..
Glad they found this because I was preparing to go to war again if this was their intended result.
just an FYI..
I guess its a good idea to get an occasional pressure check just to make sure something other than the shocks isnt leaking as well..

uncfrk
November 4th, 2009, 21:16
Is it possible to place small pressure gages in the central valves?

vangelis
November 5th, 2009, 17:32
I have got my new DRC shocks but car is way high from back, dealer told me that I have to replace two Central valves to get it fixed. The problem from both CVs, is there any way to check and be sure that I have a problem with my CVs?

Shoppinit
November 5th, 2009, 17:39
There must be air in your system, or it hasn't been done right.

They're telling you it's the valves because they don't know what else to do.

vangelis
November 6th, 2009, 06:22
There must be air in your system, or it hasn't been done right.

They're telling you it's the valves because they don't know what else to do.

so what else to do other than replacing the valves?

Shoppinit
November 6th, 2009, 08:20
If you're not paying for the repairs, get them to change the valves. Previous to the special tool being available, it was necessary to replace the valves to repressurise the system. Now that's not necessary with the new tool. Maybe they're lost and they're referring to old documents. I'd be very surprised if both valves had failed.

If you are paying, putting coil-overs on will be cheaper than replacing the valves.

vangelis
November 6th, 2009, 08:52
If you're not paying for the repairs, get them to change the valves. Previous to the special tool being available, it was necessary to replace the valves to repressurise the system. Now that's not necessary with the new tool. Maybe they're lost and they're referring to old documents. I'd be very surprised if both valves had failed.

If you are paying, putting coil-overs on will be cheaper than replacing the valves.

They told me that 4 shocks are coverd in DRC recall, valves not coverd and i have to pay for them and exactly, getting coil-overs KWs will be cheaper.!! so even after 4 shocks replaced!! I have to pay!!

Shoppinit
November 6th, 2009, 08:58
I'm 99% certain there's nothing wrong with your valves - it's because they can't pressurise your DRC properly. They screwed it up and are now trying to discourage you from going any further by telling you you'll have to pay.

You should write to Quattro Gmbh to ask their advice.

vangelis
November 6th, 2009, 09:22
I'm 99% certain there's nothing wrong with your valves - it's because they can't pressurise your DRC properly. They screwed it up and are now trying to discourage you from going any further by telling you you'll have to pay.

You should write to Quattro Gmbh to ask their advice.

How to directly wrtie to Quattro Gmbh????? PLZ

Shoppinit
November 6th, 2009, 09:26
Quattro GmbH

Ettinger Straße 53a
85057 Ingolstadt
Germany
<NOBR></NOBR>
<NOBR>tel: (+49) 0841 8989721</NOBR>‎

vangelis
November 6th, 2009, 09:46
Quattro GmbH

Ettinger Straße 53a
85057 Ingolstadt
Germany
<NOBR></NOBR>
<NOBR>tel: (+49) 0841 8989721</NOBR>‎

THANKS A MILLION Shoppinit, any idea about email address of any senior manager there or complains dep.? that would be great and much faster!!

Shoppinit
November 6th, 2009, 09:49
Sorry, no.

vangelis
November 6th, 2009, 09:52
Thanks alot again Shoppinit,FYI I have tried to call that number above but I got a fax tone, its a fax not a tel. , so i will write a letter and fax it to them ASAP.

snoopra
November 6th, 2009, 21:58
vangelis, A8/R8/RS6 Advocate number is 1-866-892-2834.

Spidercat
November 6th, 2009, 22:06
vangelis, A8/R8/RS6 Advocate number is 1-866-892-2834.

I don't think that will work for him.
That's the AoA hotline number, and he's not in the US.
Maybe they could direct him tho the right place, though...

uncfrk
November 6th, 2009, 22:45
They were very helpful yesterday. The number will direct you if want Germany. Thanks for the information. I'm taking my RS6 to Minneapolis next week.

Spidercat
November 6th, 2009, 23:23
They were very helpful yesterday. The number will direct you if want Germany. Thanks for the information. I'm taking my RS6 to Minneapolis next week.

No problem! I read your post too fast, I thought you had said "very UNhelpful yesterday." Phew! I was thinking "Oh great! Now even THEY are unhelpful!" At least the hotline crew are still on the ball...

vangelis
November 6th, 2009, 23:42
Thanks a lot guys for all the help and info. I will try to fax them and also call the Advocate number see how can they help. again i appreciate all your help.

V8weight
November 7th, 2009, 00:24
You're coming all the way up to Carousel Audi? Look me up if you would like to get together for a drink or take a spin in an RS6 with KW's. I'll actually be driving through Cedar Falls on my way to Cedar Rapids on the 25th as well. Which service writer are you dealing with at Carousel?

DHall1
November 7th, 2009, 05:17
Vangelis,

Sorry to hear your problems. Did you read my reply to your other thread? I was very clear.

Its hard to keep up on specific problems if you cross post in other threads. IMHO

I am 99.93% sure your problems are not located in the central valves. You are getting a line of you know what from the dealer.

Why does Audi cover the valves in the DRC recall in the USA and not where you live?

Valves had nothing to do with the poor repairs in the USA where rear ends were jacked up. That is very clear in our 55 threads on the topic.

Dealer errors. Untrained mechanics. Poor Audi education/enforcement of local dealer mechanics. Those are the typical reasons for the jacked up rear ends.

Call Audi Germany and ask for help.

Thanks a lot guys for all the help and info. I will try to fax them and also call the Advocate number see how can they help. again i appreciate all your help.

vangelis
November 7th, 2009, 05:51
Thanks a lot DHall, sorry to not post in my thread, i thought its same issue and easy to follow up here. Anyway I will call Audi germany ASAP. Thanks again.

vangelis
January 4th, 2010, 06:24
Finally, I got my DRC done PERFECTLY. The root cause of all my problems was the two central valves, they've fixed a two new CVs and dealer had to replace again the 4x shocks as the faulty CVs caused the shocks to fail without pressure and got damaged. So now, 2x new CVs and 4x Shocks and DRC job is done by the new tool VAS6544 and by a german engineer who is providing the training on how to use the DRC for the Middle east dealers :)

The car is a little bit high from the rear but it feel much more better and ride quality is very stiff but comfortable as well. Thanks all for your help and your advice :)

grambler
January 4th, 2010, 14:27
If you need the number of the quattro GmbH, the +49 7132 3130 might get you straight to the reception desk - but haven't tried it yet.

Edit: Found another one: 0841 89-31364 (this should get you to the HR-Department)
And this one 0841-89-37510 should get you to technical support. I got the numbers from a job ad.
Prefix the numbers with 0049 for Germany and try them like they are, or without the 0 at the beginning, I don't know which version works.

@vangelis: Did Audi pay the replacement of the parts or did you have to pay them yourself?

I had a lot of luck, the DRC was broken and lost pressure at a small valve when i bought the car, but with a refill and a change of the valve for about USD 600 it was perfectly fine again. But I had to pay it all by myself.

vangelis
January 4th, 2010, 21:01
@vangelis: Did Audi pay the replacement of the parts or did you have to pay them yourself?

I had a lot of luck, the DRC was broken and lost pressure at a small valve when i bought the car, but with a refill and a change of the valve for about USD 600 it was perfectly fine again. But I had to pay it all by myself.

I was lucky too, all under warranty, shocks and valves as I got it CPO 1 year back and since then they replaced the whole shocks many times, but CVs was first time. I haven't pay anything :0: