PDA

View Full Version : New to the list ,, RS6 performance shop

Hartmann Mtrspt
August 28th, 2003, 00:43
Hello All

We are new to the list and just wanted to say hello to you all.

We are a Porsche Audi tuning and racing company.
APR so call dealer .. Etc etc ..

Our Rs6 arrives in 2 weeks....

And it goes under the knife.

k24 turbo's
Exhaust
Software
Rear brake upgrade ( 4 pot )
suspension.
Wheels.

Anyone else in So cal have Rs6?

Stop buy and say Hi.....................

The Staff

Hartmann Motorsports

Benman
August 28th, 2003, 00:54
welcome:cheers: congrats on your RS 6:D it will be nice to see what it can do:bigeyes:

Ben:addict: :addict:

Hartmann Mtrspt
August 28th, 2003, 01:03
You will have to come down for our annual Octoberfest .

This is an open invitation to all on this board........

Stay tuned for dates...

Klint
August 28th, 2003, 01:11
Originally posted by Hartmann Mtrspt
You will have to come down for our annual Octoberfest .

This is an open invitation to all on this board........

Stay tuned for dates...

oooh and lots of pictures for those unfortunates that can't be in two places at once.

Interesting part about the turboes being replaced. I was just thinking about that yesturday as a list of "Must do Mods"....

Just a couple questions though:

What kind of power gains are we talking about, with the mods that are going to be performed?

Any kind of Warrantee/Guarantees on the modification "package", when and if it becomes avaliable to the public?

:cheers:

Hartmann Mtrspt
August 28th, 2003, 01:43
We are expecting to see about

585hp-600hp on pump gas.

And 600hp -610hp on 100 octane fuel.

This will be a with turbo's, exhaust and software.

We are currently working on a warranty package that will be available for the cars with the upgrades. However this will most likely be limited to cars that we modify in-house.

Please email us directly for more info or to get placed on our
RS6 owners list.

Regards

luckylady
August 28th, 2003, 05:05
WELCOME!

Where are you at in Irvine? I live in Northpark - would love to drop by some time - just to chat. Would love for you to explain the mods!

Lucky:addict: :addict: :addict:

gmbh6
August 28th, 2003, 06:52
Originally posted by Hartmann Mtrspt
We are currently working on a warranty package that will be available for the cars with the upgrades. However this will most likely be limited to cars that we modify in-house.

...well then...take your time and get it done right so then you can hook up all us RS6 addicts in So Cal :cheers:

Muju
August 28th, 2003, 08:20
Hey Hartmann,

Could you in the future when you have the car inform me about the bhp and newtons? thank you

muju:cheers:

Silvant
August 28th, 2003, 09:48
whatup neighbor..:cool2:

Finnus
August 28th, 2003, 13:18
HM,

Welcome to the site. I look forwrad to your reports on the mods and the resulting improvement in performance.

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

nene
August 28th, 2003, 16:38
Congrats on your purchase. I'd love to come check your shop, but unfortunately I'm on the East Coast. However, I do go to the West Coast 2-3x/year, and I might just stop by if I'm at least within 2-3 hour drive.

Please make sure to log VAG or graph MAF/Boost/Torque before the change, and after the change. Also, if you dyno the car before and after, make sure to get some data that you can use to concretely back up your power numbers.

Just a heads up. It's nice when we can see evidence of what people are saying.

Good luck my friends.

Bauer
August 28th, 2003, 17:49
Welcome aboard!!! I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labor so please keep us informed. I live in NorCal so not to far away...if I am down that way I might stop by.

Bauer

03 RS6
01 S8
92 S4

Homans
August 29th, 2003, 21:47
I wish i had an RS6. Thats the first thing i wanted to say. Secondly...if im not mistaken, Fabryce's S4 BEAST of a BEAST was in Eurotuner magazine (Cover too) a couple months ago. Wow. Thats all i gotta say. With that car in my garage...i may never need anything else. Beautiful Ride man.

Nordschleife
August 30th, 2003, 16:31
Fabryce
I see you want to fit bigger turbos, and a few other things. Well..... you obviously haven't seen how tight it is down there! Unless you are prepared to cut into the footwells, there is not room for a significantly larger turbo, by that I mean one which will have a reasonable cost/benefit ratio. Remember, on this car, any performance gain of less than 50 bhp is not going to be noticed. Also, I hope you have a significant gearbox upgrade and reinforcement planned, the limits of the production box will be met, long before you even think about swapping the turbos.
Finally, the stock front brakes are best used as boat anchors, have a look at them, you are a tuner, you will immediately see why.
I'm not going to set out a tuning program for you, but you had better consider how you are going to dispose of all that heat as well, aqnd not just from the engine and gearbox.

Food for thought, I'd say, before you go pushing a tuning package for a car you haven't inspected, don't you think?

R+C